Australia's Tour of India - 7 ODI's

Australia are going at a steady pace.

Singh to Ponting worries me though.

Doing well in the nets, hmmmm. Can't say I'd pick a player based on net performance, what's his form been like this season (In domestic cricket?)

He was picked based on his recent impressive domestic performances in the Challenger series and the Irani cup.

Ishant and Bhajji are bowling too leg'ish lines. Paine is having it easy off Ishant.

Ponting really is on top of his game at the moment isn't he. England, South Africa and now even India (early I know) he's looking like his old self again. I'm really expecting him to put on a massive score today, setting the tone for the whole series.

Ishant bowled a peach there to Paine. Come on Ishy, more of that please!

Ponting really is on top of his game at the moment isn't he. England, South Africa and now even India (early I know) he's looking like his old self again. I'm really expecting him to put on a massive score today, setting the tone for the whole series.

Needs to get all that good form out the way before the NZ tour next year.

Both batsmen are in the 30's now, heading to the 40's region. It's good to see the Australian batsmen pipe down after the Twenty20 tournament, get into ODI mode and play with skill. Paine really is looking like promising talent.

Ponting getting revenge on Sharma, what a straight hit down the ground. Paine certainly has no fear, loved his reverse sweep to Harby.

If he was staying in the team it would be Haddin as the batsmen.
Ponting almost gets out to Sharma but he definitely wouldn't have deserved that one. In saying that Sharma is looking better, much better over there and he is beating the bat.

India's poor fielding has cost them 10-15 runs already and probably at least one wicket. Gambhir should have had that and at least one of those edges would have been taken by better fielders. And let's not even talk about Praveen Kumar's effort on that sweep.

With the early movement on offer, India really should have been able to pouch another wicket or two. Even after an hour, there is still something there for the pace bowlers. Both opening bowlers beat the bat a lot and their efforts probably weren't appropriately rewarded in the slips. It was a good call by Ponting, because it would have been tempting to bowl first and concede the advantage of setting a target, but in spite of a competitive early spell, it didn't take too long for the batsmen to settle in.

Australia looking like 300 here. Another sloppy misfield by India. This is pathetic.

:rtfl

Foreign models on Foster drinks trolley. Cheerleaders are coming to ODIs now.

scion_sid added 0 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

Australia looking like 300 here. Another sloppy misfield by India. This is pathetic.

300 is like 250 on this ground. They will be aiming for 350+ score.

With the early movement on offer, India really should have been able to pouch another wicket or two. Even after an hour, there is still something there for the pace bowlers. Both opening bowlers beat the bat a lot and their efforts probably weren't appropriately rewarded in the slips. It was a good call by Ponting, because it would have been tempting to bowl first and concede the advantage of setting a target, but in spite of a competitive early spell, it didn't take too long for the batsmen to settle in.

Although the Indian's have been sloppy in the bowling and fielding aspects of todays game, denying the skill and form that Paine and Ponting are in would be incredulously stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread