Australia's Tour of India - 7 ODI's

I don't know why, but I've got a feeling this could get ugly :p

For whom? Australia or India?

saisrini80 added 1 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

Not yet?? I was thinking they are scoring boundaries because batting powerplay is going on.

Yeah... Thats because we have batted so well in the last few overs. I think if we take the Powerplay, we might not bat this well because we will try too hard to maximise the scoring off the Powerplay and end up losing wickets. This is just too fine for us right now.

As much as I love my team. I really would like to see 350+ from the Indians. Possibly even a record broken or two.

Australia. The only way it could get ugly for India is if they lose a couple of quick wickets and they only just make 300.

Only way they would just make 300 from here is if we bowl them out. Even losing a couple of wickets they should make 320 at least.

As much as I love my team. I really would like to see 350+ from the Indians. Possibly even a record broken or two.

You must really not like you're team then :p

Howsie added 2 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

Only way they would just make 300 from here is if we bowl them out. Even losing a couple of wickets they should make 320 at least.

I wouldn't count on Raina making to many against this pace attack (although he really only has to come in and swing) and Jadeja isn't really a "hitter". India wouldn't be able to rely on Singh and Kumar to blast away again either.

Of course the likely hood of all this happening is pretty slim.

Dhoni reached his 50. Quite sensible batting. Gambhir too is in nice touch. I think India can score 330's if these two can stay there.

350 on the cards if everything goes to plan. Send in Bhajji next I say :p

So has Hilfenhaus proven he's a rubbish one day bowler yet? Never rated him in the short form of the game, he bowls too short.

I wouldn't count on Raina making to many against this pace attack (although he really only has to come in and swing) and Jadeja isn't really a "hitter". India wouldn't be able to rely on Singh and Kumar to blast away again either.

Of course the likely hood of all this happening is pretty slim.

This pace attack on this pitch is proving to be easy meat. But India will be around 250 come the 40th over, they should expect at least 60 from the last 10 not to mention their batting powerplay. They would have to play defensively to end up 300 not out.

350 on the cards if everything goes to plan. Send in Bhajji next I say :p

They wont do that to Raina. And not needed too. Raina will love this pitch. He can hit sixes well.

Well done "Mr. Batting for his average" Dhoni.:sarcasm Coming in at a time when India looked a little suspect with the loss of 3 wickets with the fear of losing more. And his new found style has stabilized the innings and has set the perfect launch pad for a blitz

They wont do that to Raina. And not needed too. Raina will love this pitch. He can hit sixes well.

Well done "Mr. Batting for his average" Dhoni.:sarcasm Coming in at a time when India looked a little suspect with the loss of 3 wickets with the fear of losing more. And his new found style has stabilized the innings and has set the perfect launch pad for a blitz

Well he was hardly going to send Raina out at that time was he, and since India feel the need to bat Jadeja so low Dhoni was the only choice.

Dayum. Gambhir was easily on for a ton as well.

Picking 300 or under if they lose another wicket quickly ;)

Gambhir is made to look stupid once again. He gets too cocky about his judgement of fielders getting to the ball, and goes into a brain freeze if he doesnt expect the fielder to pick and throw, and he doesnt even attempt that "run for your life back to the crease". He did a similar thing against Pakistan in the Champions trophy. He has to expect that every fielder will always hit the stumps 100% (no matter how poor the fielder might be).

Users who are viewing this thread