Bangladesh Tour of New Zealand 2010

He's sharp. He was quick enough in the Emerging players tournament in 2008 to get a mention with his pace alone, he hurried up some pretty impressive Indian batsmen (Virat Kohli and Subramaniam Badrinath were two of them irrc). I watched him bowl against ND two weeks ago and he was pretty sharp, he would of been over 140.
Well in that case hes definately a contender. We need a new quick after Bond and O'Brien, and I mean 140s consistantly, this guy seems to be the man for the job.

I want to be on the Bennett bandwagon because he's a Cantab but i'm not sure. His first class average is 37. I looked at the stats and he had a good year last year at a 27 average though and started this season well. I think he's in contention but I just feel he has to prove more first. He also seems to be a bit injury prone.

Dunno if he'll be playing T20s, i presume so and whether they'll have the speed gun for the TV games. I wanna see how quick he is too.

It's a 1 off games against Bangladesh. We can't afford to lose and he's a bit of a gamble. I dunno who i'd pick. It's a tough dilemma for the selectors. Do we try a Bennett or a Boult or use someone like Arnel or Aldridge with experience and have proven themselves for years.

If I had to pick a side today it'd probably be (presuming no injury)

McIntosh
Watling
Broom
Taylor
Ryder
Vettori
McCullum
Tuffey
Arnel
Southee
Martin
12th: J Patel

Arnel's domestic record is very impressive and for mine he deserves a go. Would consider playing Guptill and batting him at 6 instead.

Last edited:
I think the Kiwis have a pretty strong bowling line up even though the like of Bond and O Brien have disappeared from the scene.
Boult and Southee paired up with Tuffey could pose a considerable threat to the Banglas.
Add to that Vettori is a class apart. Also the Kiwis wold be strengthened by the arrival of Ryder in their midst.

I'm disappointed this tour is so short, but it's jammed between India at home and then England at home ... but it's difficult to see when else it could have been scheduled, given the Pakistan tour of NZ in December.

I'm looking forward to seeing Vettori and Sakib duel again, and I'm disappointed to see that Bond wont be playing, even though he'd probably dust us up, given the lack of preparation matches and the fact he's the best NZ quick since Hadlee.

With any luck, Tanim and Ash will turn it on, and Sakib and Mahmadullah will keep it tight, and Masri will bowl at or on off stump, and Dollar and Rasel will swing it both ways :)

Carna Tiges

Ian Whitchurch

I'm disappointed this tour is so short, but it's jammed between India at home and then England at home ... but it's difficult to see when else it could have been scheduled, given the Pakistan tour of NZ in December.

I'm looking forward to seeing Vettori and Sakib duel again, and I'm disappointed to see that Bond wont be playing, even though he'd probably dust us up, given the lack of preparation matches and the fact he's the best NZ quick since Hadlee.

With any luck, Tanim and Ash will turn it on, and Sakib and Mahmadullah will keep it tight, and Masri will bowl at or on off stump, and Dollar and Rasel will swing it both ways :)

Carna Tiges

Ian Whitchurch
Your asking for a LOT of luck.

Your asking for a LOT of luck.

Nahh, mate. I'm either asking for a lot of luck, or to play against the solid technique and good footwork of the New Zealand top seven.

Either one of them should be enough.

With any luck, Tanim and Ash will turn it on, and Sakib and Mahmadullah will keep it tight, and Masri will bowl at or on off stump, and Dollar and Rasel will swing it both ways
Nah mate im sure you wrote this...?
Thats a LOT of luck.. you said it! :p

it depends what type of pitches NZ dish up. They haven't had a good seaming wicket for a while, either slow low turners or roads.

if it's a road I'd expect NZ to win by miles cause BD batsmen can't bat for long stretches.

LOL he complained about how the Sri Lankan bowling coach made him change his action, right after the WI tour last summer. he says he doesnt feel comfortable with it. lost his pace. but coach says, its gona keep him off the injuries and stuff

lol changed his action after picking up 9 against South Africa at home, good going coach.

and he also changed Rubel's, and asked him not to bowl fast either. he was picked up just because of his pace. he clocked his highest 92 mph during T20 WC, avg speed 87-88 mph. He picked up 5 wickets on one of those warm up matches but was costly during the cup. thats why i guess. but that was T20.

Yeah the Sri Lankan bowling coach, Champaka Ramanaike I think is terrible. He's destroyed the careers of our pace bowlers. Mortaza and Shahadat were developing nicely as our best new ball pair in test cricket although Shahadat wasn't bowling well in ODIs but he was doing well in the tests but for some reason they both have become rubbish bowlers off late. Shahadat has changed his action and his pace is 15-20 kph slower

And BTW Rubel Hossain has always been rubbish and he gets injured as well.

Users who are viewing this thread