Bangladesh Tour of New Zealand 2010

i was trying to find this article from CI about how Mashrafe messed up his knee. It said when he was like 15/16 he jumped off of his 2 story house or something like that. but i cant find it!

MacLovin added 0 Minutes and 20 Seconds later...

I was reading about that Ramanayake guy, what sri lankan seamers did he develop?

Beyond Malinga who has a unique, pretty uncoached style (and as I remember, he did not credit Ramanayake with being the one who told him to keep it) and Vaas who was obvsiouly a rare talent

Fernando? Zoysa? Maharoof?

seems to me like he left, thushara all of a sudden kulasekara and thushara became much better and prasad emerged, who looks like the fastest bowler sri lanka have produced.

he gots to go!!

I dont know what all the fuss is about with the bowling coach - me, I see the Tigers quicks coming along nicely.

I'm really, really looking forward to Hamilton :)

Me too, just wish it was at least a 2 test series. Love NZ tests, they start at 4pm here :)

that's ideal, aussies must be about the same. only the west indies does that here. I suppose could get up early and watch some of these sub continent ones, but I'm a lazy arse so no.

Windies tests are the only ones that are on "test time" for me. with about 11pm starts.

Subcontinent ones are mostly unwatchable since they start at about 11pm here. I watch every NZ test that is played since I get home from work at 4 and it starts right about then :) Sort of becoming a closet kiwi fan simply because of the time zones. :D

I am gonna watch it on Direct TV. They have every series (except Bangladesh home)

I watch every NZ test that is played since I get home from work at 4 and it starts right about then Sort of becoming a closet kiwi fan simply because of the time zones.
:thumbs buddy!

Both should be in the side TBH if we're talking about the test. Broom I want away from the ODI side for now. There's no spot for him really except either opening (new to him and i'd rather see Vincent) or too low in the order. Elliot might be ruled out, not sure on his status and if he is THEN i'd select Broom because it's closer to where he bats and he gets a fair go.

Vincent
McCullum
Guptill
Taylor
Elliot (If injured, then Broom gets a go)
Styris (Can't deny his good form for Auckland. Like for Like, I guess it's him or Oram and tbh would rather have Styris)
Franklin
Vettori
Mills (Southee if he's injured)
Tuffey
Bond
12th: Oram

Last edited:
Fixed that for you. ;)
:laugh I expect Jimmy to be in the team anyway

Styris >> Oram , Oram has been pretty poor in the HRV cup, and as irottev said Styris has been playing extremely well lately

Last edited:
Shane Bond is expected to be fit for the Bangladesh series. He'll play a OD game from Canterbury on the 3rd and will I guess be selected if he's all good. He was meant to be playing cricket this weekend, but the Canterbury weather has disagreed. :( He's recovered and back fit again now which is the main thing.

New Zealand Cricket - BLACKCAPS squad named for Bangladesh T20 and ODI series

NZ squads announced for the T20 and ODI's.

McKay and Ingram the surprise picks although you could sort of sense the latter might get a go in the near future.

McKay has shocked me a bit I mentioned he had some pace about him when I watched him late last year that is probably what got him a call up in the end I reckon he might well be the second fastest bowler in the country after Bond.

Great to see James Franklin back in the mix I would have been very annoyed if he was over looked again, seems like they are resting Bond for the aussies which is a smart move last thing we want is him getting injured during this series.

No Styris in either team that could be the end of the road for him considering hes been in good form.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread