Bangladesh Tour of New Zealand 2010

Radio Sport has gone crazy with people calling up basicly saying our selectors should be shot. :laugh

Most are saying Ingram, McKay and Hopkins (as a batsman) shouldn't be there. While Styris, Vincent have been unlucky.

Also some hate thrown towards Oram which is always welcome.

Radio Sport has gone crazy with people calling up basicly saying our selectors should be shot. :laugh

Most are saying Ingram, McKay and Hopkins (as a batsman) shouldn't be there. While Styris, Vincent have been unlucky.

Also some hate thrown towards Oram which is always welcome.

Watling has been unlucky as well, so disappointed with Hopkins in their. Ingram is a hack and McKay isn't even the best bowler at Wellington.

Radio Sport has gone crazy with people calling up basicly saying our selectors should be shot.
F*ck, they should be. Are they F**king retarded? Peter Ingram over Watling or Vincent. :laugh what a joke

Not impressed at the sides. Firstly Ingram is just a hack with no technique. Vincent is a much better player, has much better technique and is a much better selection. Watling in the same boat. Would rather have seen both of them.

McKay has impressed me at times. With Bond not quite right and Mills out I guess someone had to be selected. 14 list A matches only, decent stats, especially the SR and average. Left armer too.

The thing that pisses me off the most is that Oram stays in the side, but Styris gets the cut? It's probably only because Oram is closer to Vettori. Oram's batting has been disgraceful and as a specalist bowler he's not worth his spot. Styris on the other hand is a much better batsman and has been in great form. Also his bowling has been pretty good for Auckland. Oram's has been inconsistent. Sure, sometimes he's performed well, other times he's been smashed for 40s and 50s.

Lastly Hopkins sucks. I'd rather McGlashan but overall i'd rather have neither. I'm glad they picked N McCullum over Patel though. Patel has been very poor. Also good to see Franklin.

Last edited:
The guy who was on about an hour ago made a great point - nobody in New Zealand cricket is ever accountable for anything. Selectors keep making the same mistakes like selecting the most random players and keeping out of form ones for far to long. Our top players with IPL contracts are only looking out for themselves. Justin Vaughn doesn't do anything he just sits back and lets it happen hes the one who should lose his job first.

"New Zealand cricket is a cult and Daniel Vettori and his mates are the leaders"

I'd normally bitch about Butler but with Mills and Bond out he's a good selection. Same with Broom, would normally bitch but with Elliot out he can bat 5 and have a decent shot and playing around about his role for Otago.

Annoyed I missed the radio sport calls. Seem to have stopped now :(

Heck i'd rather Rob Nicol over Ingram :/

Last edited:
Awww whattttt. Howsie's gone? That sucks. :(

^ I found he posted in the I'm Leaving thread, he said he's not coming back. :(

I think he got tired of the ridiculous troll that emerged late 2009.

Yea some members here were getting on his nerves with their stupid/no point posts and he was pissed at the lack of action by the mods so he said flip this and left. Cant blame the dude, the quality on the forums has gone down.

Here it is

Well I'm off and thought I'd post in here to make it official :) This time it's for good also :p

I've just really lost the want to post here I guess, way to much ████ to sift through most of the time (as of late anyway).

I am convinced Mark Greatbatch is useless and with Vettori looking after his mates our team selections may look odd for awhile yet. Every time Greatbatch has been on the radio and hes been asked a question like "Why was McIntosh picked with such a poor technique?" he can never answer it instead just tries to change the subject hes always vague and can never answer the tough questions.

Ari added 6 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

Damn that sucks that Howsie left he should of done what I did and just ignored all the pointless threads.

Firstly Ingram is just a hack with no technique.
Definitely. Sure he has scored runs at the Domestic level, but with a technique like that, he'll be found out too easily at the international level. They say "looking to the future" but Watling is the future not Ingram.

Users who are viewing this thread