Bangladesh Tour of New Zealand 2010

All the Bangladeshi fast bowlers are like that. At 1st they look impressive, then something happens to them. (Talha Jubair, Shajidul Islam, M. Alam etc etc) Tapash was lot like this new guy Shafiul Islam, a bit quicker, and was better death bowler then Mashrafe. He faded slowly after wc 07 injury.

i hope Shafiul doesnt follow them. Rubel is tryin to find that track. some 1 needs to work with them...

oh ████, i just realized this starts in a week! i thought it was after Eng's tour. sweet! i dont have to wait much long!

Ross Taylor is officially the vice captain now, not to surprised with that hes one of only a few whos spot is secure in all three formats. Also anything which knocks McCullum's ego down a few levels is good. :D

So will Ross Taylor actually captain the team if Daniel Vettori is ever unavailable for whatever reason? Because they took the vice captaincy of McCullum for the Pakistan one day series but he still captained the team in the 20/20's when Vettori didn't play.

From what I understand he was announced as vice captain with the Bangladesh squad announcement and it was meant to be kept quiet. So as far as the Pakistan series went he wasn't the vice captain then so McCullum was the logical choice back then I would assume Ross Taylor would take over if Vettori couldn't play from now on.

Ah I see. Ross Taylor was probably the most logical pick really, and probably the only one other then McCullum. I'm pretty sure he captained the under 19 team when he was playing all those years ago so he does have some experience.

Vettori wants to give the captaincy up after the world cup, so we need to breed someone quick.

All the Bangladeshi fast bowlers are like that. At 1st they look impressive, then something happens to them. (Talha Jubair, Shajidul Islam, M. Alam etc etc) Tapash was lot like this new guy Shafiul Islam, a bit quicker, and was better death bowler then Mashrafe. He faded slowly after wc 07 injury.

i hope Shafiul doesnt follow them. Rubel is tryin to find that track. some 1 needs to work with them...

Still man I think it's better we pick Baisya than Rubel the pace sensation or any other bloody kid from the streets.

Still man I think it's better we pick Baisya than Rubel the pace sensation or any other bloody kid from the streets.

why do you hate the kid so much? wait till they get a good coach, and he will come around. some 1 needs to teach him how to use his pace. He bowled well when Mashrafe was there with him

Mashrafe
Nazmul
Shafi/Rubel

in ODI. and Mashfare wont play test any more. so Shahadat on test

Seeing as Ross Taylor is the only person whose spot seems 100% secure (except Vettori ofc) he is a logical pick. Honestly can't think of anyone else whose spot is as secure as Taylors in NZ. Even some kiwis are getting tired of McCullum and I would not say that McCullums spot is 100% secure either.

I'd say he's 100% purely because he's the best wicket keeper in the country and arguably the best in the world. His batting comes under the microscope a bit, but he's played well lately so no real problem. Hopkins or McGlashan are no where near good enough to knock him off his perch.

Ryder may be 100% too but he'd just about be the worst choice of captain ever. At least at this stage of his career.

why do you hate the kid so much? wait till they get a good coach, and he will come around. some 1 needs to teach him how to use his pace. He bowled well when Mashrafe was there with him

Mashrafe
Nazmul
Shafi/Rubel

in ODI. and Mashfare wont play test any more. so Shahadat on test

I hate him cause he's got the worst bowling action ever and no coaching can improve that. The only way he can pick up wickets with that action is by bowling reverse swinging toecrushing yorkers which he can only dream of bowling.

Btw has Mashrafe officially retired from tests? :eek:

no, but he wont play. which is a good thing..

and now he got the flu and couldnt go to NZ yet! damn this guy got always something after him

Yeah but someday he will return to test cricket for sure.

Damn Bangladesh cricket is so incomplete without him :noway

Users who are viewing this thread