Bangladesh Tour of New Zealand 2010

Bangladesh
Unsettled weather all week
Played Monday - Friday

Would not have been better anywhere else in the country I'm afraid.

Just trying to defend your city. :sarcasm

Another point:

I though the reason they have these late starts is, so people can come down after school/work. It really doesn't seem to be working.

IMO just go back to the 10.30 - 11 o'clock starts, so we can ensure a full 90+ over's.

I agree about the reasons for the bad crowd. I think it's Free Entry tomorrow (as it should be)

Australia are here soon, if the crowds are poor for that then we'll know there's a problem.

irottev added 6 Minutes and 44 Seconds later...

Seddon Park is still a nice cricket ground and the pitch is pretty good to be honest. There's been something in it for the bowlers like a bit more bounce or some movement but it's been good for batting. Good test wicket. Just a shame about the weather.

It will be sold out for the aussie ODI and I would say at 70% capacity for most of the test match.

Eden Park will sell out because only half the stadium is there. Will be interesting to see how full AMI stadium is since it looked so bare when Bangladesh played.

Will be interesting to see how full AMI stadium is since it looked so bare when Bangladesh played.

I reckon it will be nearly full with it being Australia playing there should look good.

This quote from Adam Parore comes to my mind. :laugh
The time has now come for the chief executive to get around the world, to press the flesh, forge relationships with cricket's power brokers, so we can get decent tours here instead of this nonsense involving Bangladesh.

This Bangladesh side is terrible and even worse than the last one that came here. They rely on a couple of players and there is a massive gap between them and the rest.

The depth hasn't improved, and neither have those leading players. It is very frustrating to watch New Zealand stuck in these doldrums.

New Zealand has done its duty by Bangladesh, who other nations avoid. We shouldn't have to play them again for a good five years.

We need more tours by Australia, England and South Africa, and less by Bangladesh, Pakistan and the West Indies. The situation is as simple as that - Vaughan must get the necessary leverage in international circles to make this possible.

Adam Parore: Vaughan must find us classier opponents - Cricket - NZ Herald News

Would not have been better anywhere else in the country I'm afraid.
I think Dunedin would get decent crowds, for one reason.... Most students are back in town.... Most of them live about a 5 minute walk away from the University Oval.... Most have nothing better to do :p
TBH I probably wouldn't go, so I can't complain :p

The Dunedin ODI had a very good crowd by the looks. Being the first ODI there for some time probably helped and being a nice ground.

How much of a crowd did people expect with Bangladesh in town playing from Monday-Friday?

I really wouldn't read too much into it tbh.

Shakib's really going after Vettori here, in two overs he's taken him for 28 runs.

Lucky there's no pints for run-rate aye haha.

Credit to Vettori though, he's been attacking. He easily coulda started bowling darts and put a man back. Was good hitting but it had to be or else he woulda been out. With runs in the bank that's good captaincy.

Users who are viewing this thread