Bangladesh Tour of New Zealand 2010

Haha I had to otherwise guys like Robin would keep opening threads here and there saying he is a pace sensation.. :D

lol you went and opened a "Rubel Hossain overrated?" thread in BC! what you have against him? he is fairly new

Saw the thread in BC & frankly saying i couldn't help laughing. What i hate is when people start comparing players with each other. Eg. When a player has 2-3 good series', some people claim he is the future superstar, God, so on and on and once the player goes through a rough patch many people start swearing/cursing at him.

kahlek I don't know what makes you say Rubel is overrated? Dude Give this rookie some more time. If any bd domestic bowler averages around 20, it doesn't mean he is up for international level .If I'm not wrong, International and Domestic cricket both are entirely different. Rubel's FC avg is awful but he was injured throughout the current season and its obvious he was not at his best. Rubel has got potential, he just need to have a more control over the line and length.

People who claim things like, rubel bowls like malinga and mahbubul swings like jimmy anderson is nothing but absolute madness...enough said !!

Last edited:
Dude he never had any good series, he's proven how average he is by picking up only 1 wicket against a mediocre WI side along with Shahadat. What's worse is that he's injured even before he could prove himself.

In the radio stations here at Dhaka, all the so called cricket fans were almost gonna cry cause he's injured. Why didn't they do that when Mashrafe was injured? He's overrated and he can't even average 100 in test matches... Mark my words.

Looking forward to the match here in Dunedin... McCullum playing at his home ground (which is about as small as Queenstown, if not smaller) against Bangladesh in an ODI... muhahaha :spy

McIntosh
Watling
Guptill
Taylor
Broom
Vettori
McCullum
Tuffey
Bennett
Southee
Martin

I'm getting on the Bennett bandwagon tbh, we need someone with a little bit of extra pace.

About time someone else joined tbh, it was getting a little lonely.

About time someone else joined tbh, it was getting a little lonely.

Without Bond and O'Brien; we're going to need someone to run in hard and bend their back (in Bond's case tear it) on the flat wickets. Martin will just get tonked after the shine is gone off the new ball. Southee needs to find a little extra, which he has started to get. Tuffey, is just line and length. Bennett is exactly what we need, the more and more I think about it, the better it sounds.

Without Bond and O'Brien; we're going to need someone to run in hard and bend their back (in Bond's case tear it) on the flat wickets. Martin will just get tonked after the shine is gone off the new ball. Southee needs to find a little extra, which he has started to get. Tuffey, is just line and length. Bennett is exactly what we need, the more and more I think about it, the better it sounds.

Yea that's pretty much how I see it. An attack of Martin, Southee, Tuffey and Vettori just doesn't look likely of taking 20 wickets.

How fast does Bennett bowl, Ive never seen him tbh. We do need some young quicks now more then ever.

Yea that's pretty much how I see it. An attack of Martin, Southee, Tuffey and Vettori just doesn't look likely of taking 20 wickets.

Btw I'm just going by what people have told me, I haven't seen Bennett bowl, infact I haven't seen half the contenders like Boult and Arnel.

its good thing that you kids are talking here (even though its about NZ, so i dont know what the hell to say =S). but usually BD series threads ends with 2 pages at the end of the series. (or was it just the 1s v Zims)

How fast does Bennett bowl, Ive never seen him tbh. We do need some young quicks now more then ever.

He's sharp. He was quick enough in the Emerging players tournament in 2008 to get a mention with his pace alone, he hurried up some pretty impressive Indian batsmen (Virat Kohli and Subramaniam Badrinath were two of them irrc). I watched him bowl against ND two weeks ago and he was pretty sharp, he would of been over 140.

Any room on the Bennett bandwagon for me?

Test: 1. McIntosh 2. Watling 3. Taylor 4. Ryder 5. Broom 6. Vettori 7. McCullum 8. Tuffey 9. Southee 10. Bennett 11. Martin.

ODI & T20: 1. McCullum 2. Ryder 3. Guptill 4.Taylor 5. Elliott 6. Vettori 7. Oram 8. Anderson 9. Tuffey 10. Bond 11. Southee

Broom is a certainty due to his great form in FC, and I can't see how Ryder doesn't get back in, barring any injury. Flynn & (I hate to say it) Guptill must go, both were never ready to play test cricket and need to go back into domestic cricket for awhile and try and work their way back in when they've developed the. I'd take Bennett because from what i've read & heard he's the closest thing we have to Bond at the moment, it wouldn't hurt really to have a look at this guy to see if he could handle international cricket.

For the limited overs games, since the side at full strength has heaps of bowling options, it might be a good time to look at Corey Anderson as well, since we've got plenty of options to cover him if he takes some stick early on, add to that, he's gives us another big hitter down the order. It would be similar to how we used Oram at the beginning of his career.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread