Bangladesh Tour of New Zealand 2010

nice come back..
Lol you just want a fight:laugh. You bloody stirrer:p

I remember Shahadats bowling action looked really good when bangladesh toured last... I was expecting good things from him after that, he sort of went downhill though. Bloody coach :facepalm

how can i fight you over the internet. you live on the other side of the world :D

@ Khalek. you still hate Rubel Hossian dont you. lol

how can i fight you over the internet. you live on the other side of the world :D

@ Khalek. you still hate Rubel Hossian dont you. lol
Lol i meant between me and that other guy :laugh

Just booked my tickets. See you in Hamilton. Carna Tiges.

LOL he complained about how the Sri Lankan bowling coach made him change his action, right after the WI tour last summer. he says he doesnt feel comfortable with it. lost his pace. but coach says, its gona keep him off the injuries and stuff

this is what i was talking about.

Struggling Bangladesh seamers face the heat | Cricinfo.com

... This is where the former Sri Lankan fast bowler Champaka Ramanayake, who is Bangladesh's bowling coach, has faced some criticism recently. He has faced some strong questions like: Has Rubel lost his pace? Hasn't Shahadat disintegrated ? Didn't Mahbubul Alam, who has been included for the India Tests, lose his rhythm under his supervision recently? What will happen to Shafiul? The biggest concern has been Shahadat's decline, which is being blamed on Ramanayake and nearly every other bowler is now being looked through the prism of the bowling coach....

..."I have played six years with my old action," Shahadat told Cricinfo. "I am not at all comfortable with the changes. I will be going back to my old action when I play next."...

Chamapaka Ramanayke used to be an average test bowler, why the hell did we even hire him? I think getting Shaun Pollock would be great for the seamers in the team. It's great to hear Shahadat will be going back to his old action from the next series.

i want that 07 era bowling attack. Bowling was great then. It was bowler who won us those matches that we have won so far against the big teams. Now batting is getting a lil better, puttin up over 250s consistently and now bowling ...

Chamapaka Ramanayke used to be an average test bowler, why the hell did we even hire him? I think getting Shaun Pollock would be great for the seamers in the team. It's great to hear Shahadat will be going back to his old action from the next series.

Pakistan seem to be producing good quick's all the time and they have good coaches in place. Getting one of those wouldn't hurt. Aaqib Javed seems to be a good coach for the quick's.

i want that 07 era bowling attack. Bowling was great then. It was bowler who won us those matches that we have won so far against the big teams. Now batting is getting a lil better, puttin up over 250s consistently and now bowling ...

Whatmore was the coach back in 07 wasn't he? If he had stayed on as coach I have no doubt Bangladesh would be a stronger side now.

He brought the confidence into the team. Made them believe they can win. He made them better as a team, like he did to SL, back in 99. But i think JS did better job with the batsman. (Not Ash, no 1 can teach him). Look at Tamim now, look at Tamim then. All he knew to dance down the pitch. He was flashy. Now he is a proper batsman. He is still attacking, but more sensible.

Now all we need is a good bowling coach. Current coach's deal ends in March. Wont be too long.

Whatmore is a good coach for loser teams, teams that are low in confidence. Teams that got their heads so far into their asses that it could come back out from the other side...

and Paks bowling? umm, its not the coach. i think it's in their root. Like how India's root is batting root.

MacLovin added 13 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

You can also sense some bitterness in him when you mention Dav Whatmore. They have had a public spat once before. Clearly, the passion isn't spent still. "His problem was he wanted complete control," Rafique says. "He didn't want the senior players. He would sit in his chair, have his chai, smoke his cigarette and watch the practice. As a professional coach, you need to be hands down and sort out problems at [the] individual level."

Rafique says he also to spoke to the Indians when the talk of appointing Whatmore as an Indian coach started to float around. "I told Sachin Tendulkar, don't take Whatmore. Various groupings will form in the team; he will take the youngsters separately and spoil the team."

http://www.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/story/443453.html
so there you go..

A good find, never knew that side of Whatmore. Cant believe he did so much good work by just sitting around and drinking tea and smoking cigars lol.

As for the Pakistan bowlers it is in their blood but it also requires a certain amount of coaching. Lots of bowlers are found early but cant get anywhere without the proper coaching.

A good find, never knew that side of Whatmore. Cant believe he did so much good work by just sitting around and drinking tea and smoking cigars lol.

As for the Pakistan bowlers it is in their blood but it also requires a certain amount of coaching. Lots of bowlers are found early but cant get anywhere without the proper coaching.

LOL, ya. Imagine if he had quit smocking and worked a little.

I was reading about that Ramanayake guy, what sri lankan seamers did he develop?

Beyond Malinga who has a unique, pretty uncoached style (and as I remember, he did not credit Ramanayake with being the one who told him to keep it) and Vaas who was obvsiouly a rare talent

Fernando? Zoysa? Maharoof?

seems to me like he left, thushara all of a sudden kulasekara and thushara became much better and prasad emerged, who looks like the fastest bowler sri lanka have produced.

Users who are viewing this thread