Bangladesh tour of South Africa - 2017

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I wonder what De Bruyn/Rossouw's test careers would look like if they got all of Bavuma's tests

Late-Cut

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Today im impressed by Liton Das's keeping, but Mominul should've taken the review as it could've saved him. Imrul must be dropped in next match, he is becoming a pain in the arse.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan

Late-Cut

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
You have any clue why Rubel Hossain keeps getting selected? He has one of the worst FC bowling averages ever.[DOUBLEPOST=1506888867][/DOUBLEPOST]Records | First-class matches | Bowling records | Worst career bowling average | ESPN Cricinfo
Thats my question as well. I think his ability to bowl 145+ kmh and reverse swing are the main reason behind his selection, though he is very inconsistent to bowl 140+ as most of the time he bowls around 130-135 kmh range. Bangladesh is suffering to find some genuine Test Pace bowler, only Mustafiz is a world class seamer in current squad.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
One good thing so far is atleast Bangladesh are giving fight and not getting bundled out like old times. Even if they are to loose tomorrow (highly possible) I would say they will take a lot of positives. Scoring 320 against SA is not easy in SA. They only have a higher up road from here on. More matches they play away from home they will be better. At home they are already beast now a days.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Thats my question as well. I think his ability to bowl 145+ kmh and reverse swing are the main reason behind his selection, though he is very inconsistent to bowl 140+ as most of the time he bowls around 130-135 kmh range. Bangladesh is suffering to find some genuine Test Pace bowler, only Mustafiz is a world class seamer in current squad.

Hasn’t this always been the issue for Bangladesh though. To produce quality pace bowlers on such spin friendly wickets must be nigh on impossible..?

Late-Cut

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
Hasn’t this always been the issue for Bangladesh though. To produce quality pace bowlers on such spin friendly wickets must be nigh on impossible..?
Yeah, until BCB decides to build some Green top for domestic FC tournments, the stuation will not change. The potential is there, I remember South Africa's tour of Bangladesh in 2007/08. Shahadat Hossain got 6/27(BBI) 9/97(BBM) at Dhaka (1st Test, South Africa tour of Bangladesh at Dhaka, Feb 22-25 2008 | Match Summary | ESPNCricinfo ) That was the best test bowling ive ever seen by a Bangladeshi seamer against some world class batsmen, but the fact is Shahadat's bowling average in test career is almost 52.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I was quite impressed with the fight shown by the Bangladesh batters in the first innings. Bangladesh today remind me a lot of India in the late 90's and SL. They must not get demotivated or lose heart with these away losses. They just need to identify their players, back them and give them enough experience to be better next time they tour.

Is it just me or does Mustafizur strike anyone as a LOI cricketer?

olivera ricky

Banned
As for now this match is in south Africa's hand. Hope tomorrow the Fizz can get some quick wicket. Today his cutters were effective around the wicket and he should continue the same tomorrow.
The biggest delusion was Mehed Hasan Miraz, he should learn from Keshav Maharaj.
Too late after FaF dropped on zero , Asian spinner not succeeded outside Asia much[DOUBLEPOST=1507036896][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think Bangladesh have performed well today. If they get a partnership going and score as close to 350 they will be able to save this match.
Second successive test at potchefstroom BD bowled out under 100, I witness Kallis took 7 -and hits 100 during their debut test in 2002 ( debut vs SA)

olivera ricky

Banned
Too late after FaF dropped on zero , Asian spinner not succeeded outside Asia much[DOUBLEPOST=1507036896][/DOUBLEPOST]
Second successive test at potchefstroom BD bowled out under 100, I witness Kallis took 7 -and hits 100 during their debut test in 2002 ( debut vs SA)
SAfrica so far played 2 tests at Potchefstroom : first in 2002 and next in last week I wish India should play there because SA removes Darban vs India series.

olivera ricky

Banned
I was quite impressed with the fight shown by the Bangladesh batters in the first innings. Bangladesh today remind me a lot of India in the late 90's and SL. They must not get demotivated or lose heart with these away losses. They just need to identify their players, back them and give them enough experience to be better next time they tour.

Is it just me or does Mustafizur strike anyone as a LOI cricketer?
I wish I can copy and paste your post for my other forum because they demand ICC to removes BD's test Status, I think BD doing good 595 for 8 in NZ and 291 for 5 last week excellant NO WAY SOME EVIL FORCES PUT BANGERS AS SECOND TIRE TEAM[DOUBLEPOST=1507037519][/DOUBLEPOST]
Fizz will be more successful if he experiment Variations plus bowls stump to stump

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Honestly, I find this series too one-sided to be exciting. Really beckons for a two-tier test cricketing platform, with Bangladesh is the lower tier. Similar to a PL table, where the top side from the bottom tier gets promoted and the lowest from the bottom tier gets relegated.

Plus it will allow teams like Ireland and Afghanistan to get more games and validify their test status.

olivera ricky

Banned
Honestly, I find this series too one-sided to be exciting. Really beckons for a two-tier test cricketing platform, with Bangladesh is the lower tier. Similar to a PL table, where the top side from the bottom tier gets promoted and the lowest from the bottom tier gets relegated.

Plus it will allow teams like Ireland and Afghanistan to get more games and validify their test status.

Yes I wants to see AFG/Ire test sooner, I think Zimbabwe playing test this month at Bulawayo.
Well one can not say BD second tire who beat Aus in BD or that marathon 595 for 8 on Loosing Cause

Users who are viewing this thread