Bat Pics for bat making

aryan_6668 said:
hey burma are you releasing a bat pack of bats that you have made?
Ok, given all the enquiries, here is the definitive answer:

The 4GB batpack will be, in my humble opinion, both thoroughly worth all of my hard work as well as the wait. I am doing my best to get it done as quickly as possible but in order to maintain the level of quality which I find acceptable it takes me on average more than 2 hours to create each bat. Much as I would like to devote all of my waking hours to this process, I'm also trying to do my Ph.D. which is equally (if not more) important.

While the creation process is entirely my own, I am of course indebted to those people who have found images for me and have helped out with the 48 Bat Project. Their continued help can only serve to quicken this process.

So, what happens when Turbanation sends you 7 Megapixel photos of his own cricket bat? This! :D

*EDIT: This bat is now available.

Attachments

• Dup01.jpg
    Dup01.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 176
  • dup.zip
    356.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Karachi Express said:
Can sum1 xplain me wht is 2gb n 4gb???!!!
Standard resolution for bat textures = 128x256 :crying
2GB resolution for bat textures = 256x512 :)
4GB resolution for bat textures = 512x1024 :D

And to complete the custom Indian collection, here is Rahul Dravid's bat. It's an SG Sunny Gold with Britannia stickers. I'm really pleased with how this one turns out as I had to do a lot of work on the Sunny Gold sticker so that it was readable for 4GB resolution. :D

Attachments

• Dravid.jpg
    Dravid.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 148
Omg wow u should make ur own section and post everything thr m8 gr8 stuff. 4gb wow

shrenik007 said:
Omg wow u should make ur own section and post everything thr m8 gr8 stuff. 4gb wow
lol. cheers! :D I will do when the time is right.
For now, I've finally managed to get Matthew Hoggard's bat done (sort of). The front is spot-on, but I've had to just do something simple with the back as I've never seen it in the flesh. Still, it'll do for now. :cool:

*EDIT: I've also posted a snazzier version of the back. I'd appreciate feedback on which should be included in the final pack. The two backs are both fictional so it doesn't matter either way to me. That having been said, I do like version 2.

Attachments

• Chase_175.jpg
    Chase_175.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 126
  • Chase_175v2.jpg
    Chase_175v2.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Hey the second one has a better back, te first one is simply plain.

Didnt search in previous posts, will search and find dhoni's bat.

And one more thing, i want to replace the hero hona bat from th 2gb batpack with yours, to what name should i rename the fsh file for that.

Edit: Cant find any pic of Dhoni's new RBK bat in this thread so i assume he hasnt made it,can u plz make it 4gb.

Last edited:
shrenik007 said:
Hey the second one has a better back, te first one is simply plain.
Thanks. Yes, I prefer that one too. It's probably completely wrong but it is quite nice.
shrenik007 said:
Didnt search in previous posts, will search and find dhoni's bat.

And one more thing, i want to replace the hero hona bat from th 2gb batpack with yours, to what name should i rename the fsh file for that.

Edit: Cant find any pic of Dhoni's new RBK bat in this thread so i assume he hasnt made it,can u plz make it 4gb.
There are no pics of Dhoni's bat in this thread because I dedicated an entire thread to it's development in the general forum. Search for MS Dhoni & His Bat of Mystery. You'll see how it developed there. AND, it's already in the 2GB pack. Download v2 to make sure it gets assigned correctly.

Can these pic be of any use.
asfalcon111.JPG

cricket_bat_big.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread