Bat Pics for bat making

aussie1st said:
Wow great stuff BF. Do you create all your bats from scratch?
I didn't at first, but the more experience I've had, the less I'm satisfied with using photos directly as textures. The Pure Beast, Duelist, and Batwing were all 100% from scratch. That's not to say I don't use some photos as templates for this and that, but for 4GB, I'm beginning to think it's the only way forward. What I'll do is release the batpack with all the bats as they happen to be and then rework them into True 4GB as time permits. Otherwise people will be waiting for months!

GN, and GM are the two easiest to make from scratch. I love how you did the lettering of GM so perfect.
The Kookaburra bats would be the hardest to make from scratch. :) Would you ever give them a shot?

aussie1st said:
GN, and GM are the two easiest to make from scratch. I love how you did the lettering of GM so perfect.
The Kookaburra bats would be the hardest to make from scratch. :) Would you ever give them a shot?
Well, I can't imagine the other Kookaburra bats can be any harder than the Pure Beast which I've just done. the others are just a collection of fairly basic geometric shapes. I'll see what I can do.

Hi just been looking at your bats, great work BF. Shame I don't have the game for PC only PS2. Reps for you though all the same :)

great work BF, ill save ya some verdhlo tomorow for you:), lol you just changed colours of stripes etc, but can't argue with results claps to you mate:)

langerrox said:
great work BF, ill save ya some verdhlo tomorow for you:), lol you just changed colours of stripes etc, but can't argue with results claps to you mate:)
Well the result is that the stripes are a different colour, but the bat was made using the same process as the Fearnley Batwing. :p

I've now got around to re-working the Gray-Nicolls PowerBow from scratch. This is the custom version which Andrew Strauss will use.

Attachments

• Strauss.jpg
    Strauss.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 194
Burma's Finest said:
Well, I can't imagine the other Kookaburra bats can be any harder than the Pure Beast which I've just done. the others are just a collection of fairly basic geometric shapes. I'll see what I can do.

You actually drew the beast onto the bat? Wow you are awesome at graphics editing. :hpraise

aussie1st said:
You actually drew the beast onto the bat? Wow you are awesome at graphics editing. :hpraise
First, I create a template for all the pieces and then after re-scaling all of the bits, I paint over the top of them on new layers and finally re-combine. Sounds simple but it's a lot of work.

Here's the SG Sunny Gold in True 4GB (except Sunny Gold Logo: couldn't be bothered to do that from scratch).:D No comments about blurriness please; that's how it's supposed to look).

Attachments

• Sunny Gold.jpg
    Sunny Gold.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
Missing

BF I though you would be the man to ask. Could you create the bat ian bell, and colling wood uses because i cannot find images of it anywhere
:help​

In honour of Matthew Hayden's performance today, much though it pains me, here is his custom Gray-Nicolls Phoenix 380 in 4GB. I've included the Ford sponsorship logo at the base on the back. The only detail missing is what should be readable above and below the 380 on the front. I know it should be white lettering but I couldn't find any pictures big enough to tell me. :help

Attachments

• Hayden.jpg
    Hayden.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 148
Burma's Finest said:
In honour of Matthew Hayden's performance today, much though it pains me, here is his custom Gray-Nicolls Phoenix 380 in 4GB. I've included the Ford sponsorship logo at the base on the back. The only detail missing is what should be readable above and below the 380 on the front. I know it should be white lettering but I couldn't find any pictures big enough to tell me. :help
Above the 380 it says HAYDEN (in capitals)
Below it is says Phoenix

Attachments

• 53452.jpg
    53452.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 120

Users who are viewing this thread