Batting in career mode is a serious issue

Its unthinkable that we would have to wait til the years end to get the patch for console. I haven't touched my career for quite a while which is a shame as the bowling was fantastic in test matches(pro), I completely understand that it costs money for BA to patch on console, but as this is fundamentally ruining the game, you'd hope it will be very soon. The problem is two-fold as I see it, pre patch 2 the problems were superhuman fielders and dodgy run outs, nothing to do with lack of aerial shots, but by tryin to add more content, patch 2 has made it worse, so the big worry is what else could be made worse by fixing the aerial shots? Its much easier to patch and re patch on PC, using PC owners as QA. On console we'll have to wait til BA are sure its not gonna cause more problems than it fixes and as they're still added things(fair play to them) it doesn't look like we'll have it soon.

It will be sooner rather than later: hang in there because the changes made will make the game very, very playable......

Great to hear patch "3" is coming sooner rather than later. I'm on the 360 and since patch 2 I've found the game a bit of a chore. I had a method pre-patch 2 and that involved me sitting on middle stump and working the ball to leg as my bread and butter scoring option. I'd also throw in the occasional cut and drive. It may not be terribly exciting but it worked and it was realistically applicable in an actual cricketing scenario so runs felt well earned and the game itself was believable. I totally bought into what was going on. Great immersion.

The pull shot problem is by now well documented but that change really stuffed things up for me. Instinctively I'll play the pull and more often than not hit it to the one guy a mid-wicket. Killer. In a bizarre way the game moved from simulation to arcade for me because now I just sit on leg stump and cover drive everything. Big booming inswinger? Drive it. Bouncer. I'll bloody try my best to drive it. I actually think less now about what I'm doing when batting than I ever did before.

All that said, I still dig the game. So much of it is bang on right. Come patch 3 I'll be getting right back into it.

Quite agree with the above posts, i can bat ok until the AI pack the leg side, and as frustrating as it then becomes not being able to play anything along the ground I'm not in a situation where I'm going to quit playing the game, its a great effort by BA, I just play custom stuff on amateur rather than ruin my career players stats, I have no doubt the patch will fix it so I can resume the career. Sooner the better as from what I've read the new patch has made it sound awesome, especially the blocking and aerial fixes.

I don't like the "sooner rather than later" statement! Remember we were promised this game in 2013, and that didn't happen, so what context are we using to define "sooner rather than later"?

I don't know anything about the gaming business, all I know is that is horrible seeing all these updates on PC, knowing that we console players are still stuck with bugs and dodgy AI batting. Cook is a run machine on my game! I've been selected for England (veteran) in my first season, and so far in four innings, Cook has scored 2 double centuries a 135 NO and 99 scoring at basically a run a ball!

all I know is that is horrible seeing all these updates on PC, knowing that we console players are still stuck with bugs and dodgy AI batting.

O7wMeLJ.gif

Which is what exactly? ''Wah wah I want patch now wah wah''.

Sorry, did you read my post or did you say to yourself "today I'm going to be a knobhead to a stranger for no apparent reason?"

And I didn't actually ask for a patch. Knob.

If PC users didn't get the patches first - then there wouldn't be a mass of feedback for Big Ant to tweak and enhance it for the few times they can go through the costly process of delivering a console patch.

It would be horrible if Big Ant chose not to use that feedback and just took shots in the dark at what might be good tweaks to gameplay and pushed the patch out.

all I know is that is horrible seeing all these updates on PC, knowing that we console players are still stuck with bugs and dodgy AI batting.
Like matt said you should be glad to know that the BA are working and have resolved many issues and its coming to consoles after good testing among the PC folk there is no downside here.

It's certainly the way to go, I have the game on Xbox, and yes I'm frustratedly waiting, eager to get the patch, but the last thing I want is the patch to bring more problems than it fixes, I'm certainly grateful for the post release support, and as its costs BA money to patch on consoles, I would rather they save as much as they can financially so there is enough in the kitty for a sequel. Hopefully the next patch will sort out the current problems and then all suggestions/demands after that go in a sequel, personally I think they're going far beyond anything I expected in terms of post release support, even if patch2 did mess the game up a bit, they're fixing it and fair play to them.

Like matt said you should be glad to know that the BA are working and have resolved many issues and its coming to consoles after good testing among the PC folk there is no downside here.

Just to clarify, I haven't and am not having a go at the developer. Unless someone has a particular affinity for bugs in their game, surely they would want the best possible version of the game that is available? Unfortunately, I am not in a position to afford a PC that is capable of doing any game justice, and for now my 7 year old XBox has to make do. Therefore for me, it is horrible knowing I can't play the best version of the game. This is no way an attack at BA, as some people seem to think it is, and I have not been begging for an update, despite what a certain staff member thought he read. It comes when it comes. But knowing other people can play a better version is frustrating. Obviously.

No-one has answered a question that I asked of PC users. Do you have to significantly change your style of batting due to updates to physics etc.?

I dont want an argument but you did site old examples of release date and stuff.All good things have to wait while it may be frustrating.

check it out for yourself as the patch is live now guess you missed this, from my experience you dont have to change your style of batting, but given the improvements you are more likely to increase your range of shots as well as play more freely with non trigger shots as well as defensive shots are more of an option to fall back on.You dont have to change your style but you can.
Don Bradman Cricket 14 will have an update today for Xbox360 and Playstation3
Bug Fixes
- Fix for C&B being shown in Wicket HUD when not caught by bowler.
- Fix for an instance of "Umpire's Call" giving wrong decision.
- Fix for fielders sometimes walking to the ball when fielding.
- Fix for Appeals Causing a non-responsive state TUNING
- Tuning of physics relating to trajectory off bat with good timing.
- Tuning desire to run of striking batsman if player is non-striker in Career.
- Tuning of bowler speed differential.
- Tuning of edge chance on defensive shots.
- Tuning of ground friction in field.
- Tuning of physics with relation to edges.
- Ball carries to slips fielders more often.
- Tuning of Stump Physics.
ADDITIONS
- Career difficulty will only go up for appearances at International Level.
- Added Toggle for Transparent Batsman to D-Pad DOWN.
- Added Toggle for Transparent Wicket Keeper to D-Pad UP.[DOUBLEPOST=1410934236][/DOUBLEPOST]First thing - are the old Xbox360's working now?

Agree totally @grkrama the batting is much better, I will have to change my technique since the patch, now blocking is safer and the ball stays on the floor its so far away from trying to put everything leg side for 4. I was really getting immersed in it today before the baby woke from her nap!!

Users who are viewing this thread