Batting in career mode is a serious issue

This. AI gifts you wkts when you are bowling.

try bowling an entire innings of early and short or early and long and completely mistimed deliveries - see if you get the same results.

ive seen alot of gifting wickets myself - but im also bowling with the assist on which means 90% of my deliverys are perfect and perfect

If you don't think those are game breaking then you don't know what game breaking is.
The rose colored glasses that some of you have are blinding you. Sure is the best Cricket game in a long time but that doesn't mean it's perfect

The ai incompetence versus player bowling is completely game breaking. If you played as just a batter then you avoid that aspect and face the Super fielders that are also game breaking but to a lesser extent.

According to almost everyone? You shouldn't say things like that, it's not true and you have no way of proving it if it was. A lot of people talking about how these aren't issues don't even have the game yet.

People like you are what the devs don't need. Antagonistic, unpleasant and easily satisfied.
If everyone was like you they would think they released a finished product when clearly they have not.

Oh and snowy, what I want is for them to have released the game in a better state.
Given that horse has bolted what I want is for them to fix the game as quickly as possible . I don't expect that much and like everyone I appreciate and enjoy the Dev interaction here. However you and the other members of the gang constantly blowing sunshine up their collective ass isn't going to help.

I totally disagree, I think your constant negativity is not what devs need or want

I think for a small company they have done an outstanding job, but for flogs like you coming on here expecting fifa or something then spraying ridicolous criticism is unecessary

Ive played the game for more than 30 hrs, even if there wasnt a patch coming i think the career mode aspect is sensational

but knowing there is a patch coming, and more in the future, makes it even better and gives us more reason to be positive towards the devs as they will continue to support a positive and supportive community

not a negative little $hit like yourself

thats just my opinion, take it or leave it, id just rather be supportive and make constructive suggestions then get on and crap about major flaws and game breakers and that im not going to play anymore like a 12 year old

good, dont play the game anymore, as i said, we dont want ya!!

The term "game breaking" gets more play in this forum than a drunk bar girl...

Nothing in DBC14 is remotely "game breaking". Want game breaking? Play AC13 for perspective. There's a few tweaks that need to made to fielder abilities and the bowling needs to be more of a challenge to match batting on the lower levels.

The only legitimate "bug" that I have seen is the run-out glitch, everything else is either a one-off or hasn't been able to be replicated yet.

Deep breaths, people. Deep breaths.

As many have pointed out the problem is not with bowling. It is with how AI just tends to throw away wickets playing too many lofted shots even in four day cricket.

Well watch pakistan bat and im sure you'll actually see the game is very realistic!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion guys. Some might like it, some wont. I don't have the game yet (although it is on its way), but I have no doubt that it is a lot better than its predecessors. However, one needs to understand that not everything is perfect and overly 'buttering' the devs could lead to such anomalies being treated as normal occurrences. Hence, embrace both positive and negative comments, and offer constructive feedback instead of coloured commentary.

From what I've read- superhuman fielders and huge skew in difficulty between batting versus bowling could be considered potentially game breaking. After all cricket is made up of these three disciplines. It is Don Bradman 'Cricket' for Christ's sake, not Don Bradman 'Batting' or 'Superman' Cricket. However, I am happy to see BigAnt take corrective action, and secretly hope that the people complaining about the difficulty lack some motor skills.

Well done BigAnt, but do not rest on your laurels. This is merely the beginning :)

I totally disagree, I think your constant negativity is not what devs need or want

I think for a small company they have done an outstanding job, but for flogs like you coming on here expecting fifa or something then spraying ridicolous criticism is unecessary

Ive played the game for more than 30 hrs, even if there wasnt a patch coming i think the career mode aspect is sensational

but knowing there is a patch coming, and more in the future, makes it even better and gives us more reason to be positive towards the devs as they will continue to support a positive and supportive community

not a negative little $hit like yourself

thats just my opinion, take it or leave it, id just rather be supportive and make constructive suggestions then get on and crap about major flaws and game breakers and that im not going to play anymore like a 12 year old

good, dont play the game anymore, as i said, we dont want ya!!

First of all, you need to calm down , take a breath and think about your behaviour.

There is no circumstance in life where it is appropriate to talk to someone in that manner, certainly not when discussing the finer points of a video game.

It is unacceptable and inappropriate. If thats how you behave when you arent safely tucked away behind your monitor then you arent a socially viable human being.

Now back to the game.

My position is that if as a 16 year old career all rounder (and like everyone a pretty new player to the game) I never get less than 5 wicket innings and that negatively impacts the game.

I have only played 3 matches in career and 1 innings was 8 - 15. Second innings 5 - 26 or something.
My team wins by an innings and 200+ runs. (I posted a duck and a DNB)

Essentially the same thing happened in both other matches. Slightly less extreme though Ill admit.

The effect is similar but less pronounced in casual games on Pro. Mainly because i find the batting so hard the run differential is not so big. However I still bowl the opposition out for extremely low scores and win almost every time.

The point is, If I bowl to the AI I cannot lose the match. They just cannot handle player bowling. Perhaps increasing to legendary might change the AI but then I am forced to try and bat 2 levels above what I already find extremely difficult.

Try to curb your vitriol for a moment an explain to me how that isnt broken.

If you can do that or at least provide a workaround I would be more than happy. I would love it in fact.

That doesn't make the game broken, it just makes bowling easier to get to grips with than batting currently. 50% of the difficulty is being unable to work around the unbeatable fielders, once that's fixed the difficulty level in batting will reduce slightly in Pro and even everything out in the higher difficulty levels.

I'm a bit baffled by people complaining "x is too easy on x mode" because lots of people are finding the exact opposite. The whole IDEA of having scaled difficulty is so you can pick the degree of difficulty you want to play at, the exception being career mode which starts at PRO and gradually gets harder.

Since no-one has completed that mode yet we simply can't judge the degrees of difficulty and how they impact the player yet, based on what we've experienced, I think it'll continue to be reasonably challenging in all aspects

Could you work around the fielding issue by tinkering with the fielding stats in CA?

Every single year, Fifa is released with gamebreaking crashes and half baked features (career mode is broken every year). Very rarely do EA fix anything. Big Ant should be commended that they have committed to fixing issues.

i bet people stop taking 5 wicket hauls if they turned the bowling assist off, where u run in blind from jump to release and have NFI

the batting v bowling is only imbalanced if you have an assist for one and not the other. turn off bowling assist and i am sure it will be more balanced

but BIgAnt ultimately need to patch in so we can change the difficulty in career. whether its for all unified, or can be split and have pro batting, veteran bowling etc etc. they need to provide more options or else we start 20 careers to find the right balance and never finish them

You could not be more wrong, i have been bowling without the bowler assist hud for 3 days now on VETERAN difficulty and you can still knock the CPU over for under 100 in t20s very easily. LOL turn the HUD of and bowl in pro and you will still knock them over for under 50 every time.

Once you get used to looking at the bowler and not the 2 bars bowling is equally as easy without the HUD.

----------

That doesn't make the game broken, it just makes bowling easier to get to grips with than batting currently. 50% of the difficulty is being unable to work around the unbeatable fielders, once that's fixed the difficulty level in batting will reduce slightly in Pro and even everything out in the higher difficulty levels.

I'm a bit baffled by people complaining "x is too easy on x mode" because lots of people are finding the exact opposite. The whole IDEA of having scaled difficulty is so you can pick the degree of difficulty you want to play at, the exception being career mode which starts at PRO and gradually gets harder.

Since no-one has completed that mode yet we simply can't judge the degrees of difficulty and how they impact the player yet, based on what we've experienced, I think it'll continue to be reasonably challenging in all aspects

You have said in several posts the game needs minor tweaks and this coming from a person who has mainly played career mode.

If you are noticing these things in career mode where your actual involvement in the game with bat and ball is probably not even 20%, then imagine how it is when you play a test or 20/20 where you face every delivery and bowl every delivery

The issues in this game are not minor, they may look minor in career mode but they stick out like a sore thumb when you play other modes.

You play a 20/20 on pro and the batting is the perfect amount of challenging, then you go and bowl to CPU and knock them over for 30-40.

Try and play on VETERAN so AI batting is better yet you still get them out under 100 most times and batting is like facing grenades.

I have given up on test mode because of the same issues.

Last edited:
I'm trying to give up until the patch. I'm sick of wasting time in the game trying to win only to go out due to bugs, have games given to the other team when it should be a draw, not even be able to finish off the season and play the fricken finals, players blocking out the last over of a close od/t20 game etc. Too frustrating for me right now. I was enjoying just focusing on bowling but I'm a bit bored of that now too. The batting is more interesting but it's just so frustrating to put in an hours play time only to be robbed of the pay off by a glitch.

Users who are viewing this thread