Batting in career mode is a serious issue

Agree with some of these comments, the bowling before you release the ball is legendary. So much control of where you want the ball to go right down to the last second but the spin and bounce can be very unresponsive at times.

Once the run outs ,AI batting & overall fielding is fixed and we start getting some dismissals in the slips and bat pad, the gameplay aspects will improve significantly in my opinion.

I'm guessing adjusting the AI batting habits is probably going to be a tricky task but if they manage to achieve it, it will kill 2 birds with the one stone. The batting and bowling difficulty will level itself out nicely.

but yeah... there are' a few things here that you can easily say "testers shouldn't have been missed that", but, and of course i haven't played yet, but what i would say is:

1)we saw at the play test, there was an old, very buggy build of the game that did contain some game breaking issues (a "middle" becoming an edge, a bowler not getting to bowl in career mode)... the released build has no game breaking issues - that was all stuff caught by testers and fixed
2)as said above, there's nothing game-breaking here* so it's a question of priorities in resourcing - what do you fix when you won't have time to fix everything? you fix the game breaking bugs.
3)finally, re super fielding... well i'd push the question a bit higher than the testers... they maybe reported it but who said "it's fine"... i think it was a play session video where someone smashed a shot off the middle of the bat and a short leg or sill mid-off plucked it out the air like it was dandelion floating in the breeze, a few people queried it at the time, but @Ross was rather resistant to the idea anything was wrong with that

*(super-fielding and bowling/batting are close though... saved by the qualities of the rest of the game - place those two errors in an otherwise crappy game and you'd be fuming)

I dont agree with 2 which kinda invalidates the whole post for me.

Some problems are game breaking for me. When I just read that the new patch wont be out for minimum 2 weeks, and wont even fix super fielders my heart sank.

Its been what 4 days now and with the current state of balance I dont think I even want to play anymore.

Super fielders
Batting vs Bowling difficulty in career (and everywhere)
AI versus player bowling

All those are game breaking. They are all also closely related so its not like theres a ton of things.

The small stuff is just odd that it got to a released product but not a deal breaker I guess. The whipping off the bails is the stand out for cosmetic but annoying bugs.

Agree with some of these comments, the bowling before you release the ball is legendary. So much control of where you want the ball to go right down to the last second but the spin and bounce can be very unresponsive at times.

Once the run outs ,AI batting & overall fielding is fixed and we start getting some dismissals in the slips and bat pad, the gameplay aspects will improve significantly in my opinion.

I'm guessing adjusting the AI batting habits is probably going to be a tricky task but if they manage to achieve it, it will kill 2 birds with the one stone. The batting and bowling difficulty will level itself out nicely.

Mostly agree with this apart from the bolded parts. I just dont know if they will be able to fix it in a reasonable amount of time.

Last edited:
Its been what 4 days now and with the current state of balance I dont think I even want to play anymore.

This is the type of shit that annoys me to no end. It's been 4 days...and we already know that they're producing a patch to fix some stuff. The fact we already know about a patch is great, and the fact it could only be in a couple of weeks is a superb turnaround time.

What more do you bloody want?

What is your definition of a 'reasonable time'? A few days? A week?

Last edited:
Super fielders
Batting vs Bowling difficulty in career (and everywhere)
AI versus player bowling

All those are game breaking. They are all also closely related so its not like theres a ton of things.
You seem to have a different definition of game breaking to others. None of these make the game unenjoyable or impossible to play (according to almost everyone).

Last edited:
Jadel, you are a flog if you dont want to play the game anymore after these minor issues

we dont want ya anymore... go away and stop playing, Big ant already have ya money so we dont have any need for ya... fly fly

Can I ask which camera mode everyone is playing in.

I find it lot more difficult to play using the "Far (Batsmen)" camera mode. Little better using the "Broadcast" camera mode while batting. I would rather play in the Far Batting mode.

Agree, bowling is far easier and to get wickets than batting in Career mode in Pro difficulty. I am playing as batting all rounder and as a 16 year I'm currently highest wicket taker for NSW.

The other thing that bugs me how the animation is broken which results in a run out. Let me explain... I take single... dive to get in and I make it. The Bowler or the keeper gathers the ball and break the wicket, but I'm safely in. But in the process of getting up from dive the animation steps out of the crease and the fielder or the keeper next to the wicket have another crack at it and get me out. I have no control over the animation when my player get up... this has happened way too many times and its frustrating now.

This is the type of shit that annoys me to no end. It's been 4 days...and we already know that they're producing a patch to fix some stuff. The fact we already know about a patch is great, and the fact it could only be in a couple of weeks is a superb turnaround time.

What more do you bloody want?

What is your definition of a 'reasonable time'? A few days? A week?

some people prefer to pay $90 for a game that is working on launch....

I get this whole warm and fuzzy feeling you get supporting a developer who has so far been amazing at communicating about the game and it's issues but at the end of the day people have paid money and some people expect a finished product for their money. I'm fine waiting myself but I don't think it's fair for you to be all e-thug belittling people who criticism a game that to be honest was on the expensive side considering it's last gen and not a AAA game. There's nothing game breaking in the game right now though.

----------

Can I ask which camera mode everyone is playing in.

I find it lot more difficult to play using the "Far (Batsmen)" camera mode. Little better using the "Broadcast" camera mode while batting. I would rather play in the Far Batting mode.

Agree, bowling is far easier and to get wickets than batting in Career mode in Pro difficulty. I am playing as batting all rounder and as a 16 year I'm currently highest wicket taker for NSW.

The other thing that bugs me how the animation is broken which results in a run out. Let me explain... I take single... dive to get in and I make it. The Bowler or the keeper gathers the ball and break the wicket, but I'm safely in. But in the process of getting up from dive the animation steps out of the crease and the fielder or the keeper next to the wicket have another crack at it and get me out. I have no control over the animation when my player get up... this has happened way too many times and its frustrating now.

the run out issues will be patched. I find close batsmen camera with transparent batsman to be my favourite for batting. Using broadcast camera for running.

some people prefer to pay $90 for a game that is working on launch....

I get this whole warm and fuzzy feeling you get supporting a developer who has so far been amazing at communicating about the game and it's issues but at the end of the day people have paid money and some people expect a finished product for their money. I'm fine waiting myself but I don't think it's fair for you to be all e-thug belittling people who criticism a game that to be honest was on the expensive side considering it's last gen and not a AAA game. There's nothing game breaking in the game right now though.

The game works. It is a finished product, and as you have said yourself, there is nothing game breaking.

I don't think expecting a patch this soon is reasonable.

Last edited:
The game works. It is a finished product, and as you have said yourself, there is nothing game breaking.

I don't think expecting a patch after 4 days is reasonable.

on the flip side though for your average person buying a game they have a right to think that a game that launches NEEDING a patch isn't reasonable. If this was released in the past with no hope of a patch to fix up the current issues it would be unacceptable, the bugs aren't game breaking knowing a patch is coming but they are pretty serious issues. Hell I couldn't even play the last 3 shield and one day games. Couldn't even play the finals. The game just asked me to go to the next season and i couldn't find any way to play the left over games on the schedule. Not being able to play the finals is a pretty big deal. If you bought a car and the headlights and wind screen wipers didn't work would you feel ok if you were told it isn't affecting how your car drives so the car still works?

The game has a great framework and will be built upon. I'm fine with this. I just don't like the way you attack people who are negative or feel like down by a game they've paid money for that contains bugs.

Last edited:
You seem to have a different definition of game breaking to others. None of these make the game unenjoyable or impossible to play (according to almost everyone).

If you don't think those are game breaking then you don't know what game breaking is.
The rose colored glasses that some of you have are blinding you. Sure is the best Cricket game in a long time but that doesn't mean it's perfect

The ai incompetence versus player bowling is completely game breaking. If you played as just a batter then you avoid that aspect and face the Super fielders that are also game breaking but to a lesser extent.

According to almost everyone? You shouldn't say things like that, it's not true and you have no way of proving it if it was. A lot of people talking about how these aren't issues don't even have the game yet.

Jadel, you are a flog if you dont want to play the game anymore after these minor issues

we dont want ya anymore... go away and stop playing, Big ant already have ya money so we dont have any need for ya... fly fly

People like you are what the devs don't need. Antagonistic, unpleasant and easily satisfied.
If everyone was like you they would think they released a finished product when clearly they have not.

Oh and snowy, what I want is for them to have released the game in a better state.
Given that horse has bolted what I want is for them to fix the game as quickly as possible . I don't expect that much and like everyone I appreciate and enjoy the Dev interaction here. However you and the other members of the gang constantly blowing sunshine up their collective ass isn't going to help.

Yes because it's not like 'the gang' haven't been pointing out stuff they would like fixing/re-balancing either right? One of the very first things I said was relating to fielding balance.

Last edited:
If you don't think those are game breaking then you don't know what game breaking is.
The rose colored glasses that some of you have are blinding you. Sure is the best Cricket game in a long time but that doesn't mean it's perfect

The ai incompetence versus player bowling is completely game breaking. If you played as just a batter then you avoid that aspect and face the Super fielders that are also game breaking but to a lesser extent.

According to almost everyone? You shouldn't say things like that, it's not true and you have no way of proving it if it was. A lot of people talking about how these aren't issues don't even have the game yet.
By that, although admittedly an unclear statement, I meant that according to almost everyone who's given their impressions and opinions here, these issues aren't game breaking. Yes, there are issues. I haven't denied that. And no I don't have the game yet. But I disagree that they are game breaking from watching the videos and listening to people's opinions.

Stating opinions as facts doesn't make your opinion more valid than the other person, and you have no way of proving it if it does...

i bet people stop taking 5 wicket hauls if they turned the bowling assist off, where u run in blind from jump to release and have NFI

the batting v bowling is only imbalanced if you have an assist for one and not the other. turn off bowling assist and i am sure it will be more balanced

but BIgAnt ultimately need to patch in so we can change the difficulty in career. whether its for all unified, or can be split and have pro batting, veteran bowling etc etc. they need to provide more options or else we start 20 careers to find the right balance and never finish them

As many have pointed out the problem is not with bowling. It is with how AI just tends to throw away wickets playing too many lofted shots even in four day cricket.

As many have pointed out the problem is not with bowling. It is with how AI just tends to throw away wickets playing too many lofted shots even in four day cricket.

This. AI gifts you wkts when you are bowling.

Users who are viewing this thread