Batting loophole?

i haven't had time to check this, so what i'm interested in is: are you hitting the ball, or are you hitting the ball well?

if it's hitting with edges or looping up etc. it's not a loophole because you're not going to replicate that in a game situation.

if it's hitting the ball of the middle along the ground, then it's definitely concerning since as you say it becomes a lower risk stock shot.

i haven't had time to check this, so what i'm interested in is: are you hitting the ball, or are you hitting the ball well?

if it's hitting with edges or looping up etc. it's not a loophole because you're not going to replicate that in a game situation.

if it's hitting the ball of the middle along the ground, then it's definitely concerning since as you say it becomes a lower risk stock shot.

Most of the time the ball is middled. I had a few edges, but just a handful out of 250 balls hit.
I don't think it will be a problem in a match situation but it is a slight worry.

yeah definitely something to think about. maybe see how it is after the update on friday?

I must have missed the post about another update. I thought BigAnt weren't going to make anymore updates to the CA? Why have they changed their minds?

they said there will be an update this friday, but there haven't been any other details about what's in it, other than net bowling will not be in this (or any other) CA update.

I would say as it stands it is a zero risk shot. As I mentioned before it's with the back foot for pace and front foot for spin. Even with the LT pressed I creamed it most of the time and only missed the ball on a couple of occasions

Edit: I've just had another go on the nets and have found out that the same issue exists against pace on both the front and back foot!

Last edited:
I don't understand why there has been no official response to this thread?
Perhaps BigAnt don't see it as a problem, but a reply would be welcome.

Maybe since a) we got it for free b) people were moaning about the wide deliveries before the last update and c) its not going to be an issue in the full game, they don't feel the need to constantly make excuses.

If you give a dog a beef bone, does it spit it out and ask for lamb??

Be thankful for the titbits were given!

Bag of otters noses please Ross!!

It's a non-issue in the game itself.

We have changed many things in CA to have the nets as a playable cut-down version, for example, in order to score and keep the nets interesting we bowl down a very narrow corridor. This selective taking and changing of code has introduced a small number of bugs, this is one of them.

As always, I read every post, please don't take anything from a non-response.

I am glad people raise issues such as these as there is a possibility of a bug being found that may manifest itself in the game, so please keep them coming.

Last edited:

We have changed many things in CA to have the nets as a playable cut-down version, for example, in order to score and keep the nets interesting we bowl down a very narrow corridor. This selective taking and changing of code has introduced a small number of bugs, this is one of them.

I am glad people raise issues such as these as there is a possibility of a bug being found that may manifest itself in the game, so please keep them coming.

I take it this is also true of CA crashing to desktop when Graphics Options is selected? Something that was reported in the first nets version and every version since by several people.

Many thanks Ross. It's great to hear that this won't be a problem in the full game, which I am looking forward to with great anticipation, as you can see by my avatar.

I thought that Ross, if there was a serious problem then HBK would have found them would be my guess. Still would love to see what you have planned for the future for CA and nets or maybe just maybe we will get the game soon.

PS First ask for release date for 2014, will go hide under my rock now till Feb 1.:D

I take it this is also true of CA crashing to desktop when Graphics Options is selected? Something that was reported in the first nets version and every version since by several people.

It would be true we might not have taken that issue in the CA as seriously as we should, it seems most people can get around it by editing the config file.

Not sure if the fix is in this week's or not, it has to do with the game referencing materials that are in the game but not in CA.

Maybe since a) we got it for free b) people were moaning about the wide deliveries before the last update and c) its not going to be an issue in the full game, they don't feel the need to constantly make excuses.

If you give a dog a beef bone, does it spit it out and ask for lamb??

Be thankful for the titbits were given!

Bag of otters noses please Ross!!

I appreciate the beta was free and I wasn't asking for an excuse. I assumed we were acting as beta testers for the CA and therefore duty bound to report any problems that we might find.

Users who are viewing this thread