Batting loophole?

I appreciate the beta was free and I wasn't asking for an excuse. I assumed we were acting as beta testers for the CA and therefore duty bound to report any problems that we might find.

I wouldn't say you were duty bound but we certainly appreciate any feedback that helps make the game better.

The Cricket Academy is certainly better for the feedback that has come from the community, it has helped us develop a better game.

There are probably people out there who make no comments, good or bad, about the beta CA but won't think twice about bemoaning any problems they might find when the full game is released.

Maybe since a) we got it for free b) people were moaning about the wide deliveries before the last update and c) its not going to be an issue in the full game, they don't feel the need to constantly make excuses.

If you give a dog a beef bone, does it spit it out and ask for lamb??

Be thankful for the titbits were given!

Bag of otters noses please Ross!!

If you bought a cricket game where it was impossible to get out to a ball on the stumps would you be happy with it? Nobody is moaning we are just highlighting issues which may or may not have been picked up on. My batting isn't that great and if I play 50 straight drives in a row I will edge the ball 3 or 4 times yet with the shot that has been highlighted I haven't once in well over 300 balls faced, that speaks volumes.

The beauty of this forum and Big Ant is that everybody barring a couple of trolls want the same thing. A great representation of a fantastic and often misunderstood sport and for the first time in years I feel completely confident that it is going to happen. 2014 is going to be a good year and cannot wait to be doing battle against the various people on here.

Since we are talking about some percieved "problems" in the academy I have noticed a couple in the past few days.

Firstly, if you do not press any button on the controller as a ball is bowled, the ball will just go through your bat, it will bounced off your arms, gloves, body etc, but if it goes near the bat, it just goes through.

I noticed if it hits the glove first the bat becomes solid again, as a ball hit the glove and then rolled off the bat.

Another thing I noticed is that leg spin deliveries don't seem to spin much compared to the offspin delieveries, which seems weird to me.

Also, on an unrelated note, I find inswing around the wicket and offspin over the wicket the hardest to face

I think someone else mentioned about the ball going through the bat if a shot wasn't offered. I think Ross was looking into it.

Today leg spinners are not that huge turner of ball, so it should be like it is in nets. The follow through of batsman after playing the cut shot can be more fluid in nets.

Today leg spinners are not that huge turner of ball, so it should be like it is in nets. The follow through of batsman after playing the cut shot can be more fluid in nets.

Think in general though leggies are considered to spin it not than offies - on average - no?

Hadn't noticed the difference myself though.

Also, I'm not expecting the bowling machine to be too indicative of the actual experience of facing bowlers in a match

Coming to leg spin not turning that much, I think Ross mentioned the bowls coming out of the bowling machine to be perfect deliveries w.r.t user input. So I assume what we might come across in the matches may spin even lesser.

Last edited:
Achieving turn from wrist spin is difficult than from finger spin. I will set the leg spinner turning skills in game to match that in the nets as it is subtle.

Achieving turn from wrist spin is difficult than from finger spin. I will set the leg spinner turning skills in game to match that in the nets as it is subtle.

Disagree, it's generally accepted that it's harder to achieve big spin as a finger spinner than as a wrist spinner. This is why you also expect a wrist spinner to achieve higher drift and dip, due to increased rotation.

It was also clear on the sky sports summer ashes revolution metre, that even a part time wrist spinner like Steve smith consistently got more rotation than Swann, Agar or Lyon

Drift and dip is more in wrist spinners but i have not seen players like mcgill and warne who get so much turn consistently. piyush chawla, imran tahir, steven smith do not get that turn.

I think someone else mentioned about the ball going through the bat if a shot wasn't offered. I think Ross was looking into it.

Yeah when you leave the ball I had the ball go though the bat a couple of times, also a few sound problems. If you get a thick edge say to the slips the sounds is wrong sometimes, small but still there.

I've had a couple of middle of the bat sounds for an edge. We will see what happens on Friday with the latest beta.

Most of these will be fixed in the day 0 patch. Don't think there's any reason to worry

Assuming they've forked the CA netdsrelease from the current version, then its probabably got a few fixes from the day 1...

Users who are viewing this thread