Batting Tips n Tricks

C

Capitalprophets

First of lemme tell batting in cricket 2005 is freakin hard because it depends on how u time the ball and pitches so say you r in dump pitches it would be so hard to score runs , you will probably score but needs lots of time and patient.. but here are some tips that might help u get started ....

Remember scoring on off side is almost impossible bcoz darn AI always balls middle or leg stump almost 99% of times its leg or middle stump so forget scoring on off side maybe u will score if u play 200-300 balls otherwise its impossible , yeah you can take risks like moving out of the wicket and keep hitting to off side but you will soon get bowled , maybe u will score some runs but u will probably have a scoreboard something like that 5 - 20 runs anyways lets get back to tips..

These tips are all for test matches---

1.At the start the fielding is so bad , there are only 2 fielders on leg Side till you score 30-40runs then the field gets spread but the time there are only 2 fielders you can easily score runs here we go with some of the ways u can score quick 30-40 runs at start of the game

1.Bowling lenght = middle and short
Bowling side = leg side or middle
if the bowl is on middle or leg side and its around middle or short play
front foot S + ----->> (s= front foot button)
timing is crucial if you want 2 runs ,3 runs or 4 runs then try to time it very late then it will beat the fielder and go for boundary
if you want quick 1 run then just play the shot as the bowler bowls then it will go for 1 run all the time...

2.this is another method again u can score easy 30-40 runs at start before the fielding gets all spread, with timing only with timing this shot can be used to score runs later even if the field is spread out but its very hard u need very good timing.

bowling Lenght - Short , Middle , between long and middle
Side - Middle ,Leg and off

Advance shot D + -------> to make it go for the boundary press the button as soon as the bowler let go the ball , then the batsman will come down the wicket and hit it for 2-4runs on ON SIDE
If you play it late then it wont go up the air , its good for scoring 1s

3.Bowling Lenght = between long and middle
Bowling Side = anywhere but best is middle or leg side you can play it even from offside if you move your player
BackFoot (W) + -----> Trick is if the bowl is between long and middle lenght you just press very very quickly the batsmen will guide it to backside and it always results in a boundary..

Now these will help you get quick 30-40 Runs at start but what after the field gets spread and you cannot even score, this is the hardest part in the game , if you want quick runs here then you gotta go for 6 hit button otherwise its impossible to score easy runs unless you really time the bowl but leave timing first u gotta find the gap once u find the gap you gotta time it to go thru the gap even after that you will have 1-2runs at most because fielders most of the time stop it , so i hope the tricks i will mention will help u get thru this..

1.Look around the field setting , very very carefully because that will help u decide what shot to play and what not to play and even sometimes u can go for big hits to the direction without any fielders, bcoz as much as 6 hit button is handy it is that easy for bowler to get ur wicket , bcoz as i said timing is very crucial if u play big hits without looking at the field you might make some quick 10-15 runs but after that the bowler will get your wicket with a good bowler , because u will get out just by 1 mistake.

2.Once u find the gap , you have to find the best shot suitable for that place , sounds easy but remember ,the shot wont go anywhere if you dont time it good , so again timing is very crucial here , early late or ideal.

3.Once you find the gap its time to go for shots , from what i have seen , after you score 30-40 runs the fielding will be all around as it is in ODIs for first 15 overs , so here if its pace bowler then play sweep for short bowl all the time depending on his speed , if he bowls quick then press the button early , thus it will guide it for single or boundary , if its long then play backfoot shot very early it will guide it for 4 runs on back side all the time ..

4.Spinners , they are not as easy to get hit for 6s as it was in 2004 now they bowl very good line and lenght scoring runs in a spinner over is soooooooo hard....bcoz they bowler long lenghts which is hard to play 1 trick is to always play Backfoot + -----> very very early , but remember sometimes it will go for catch if you do not time it very good but if u time it good then its always 4runs all the time ....

5.Confidence meter -- just keep defensing to fill it up , once its full and if ur batsman is good player like Sachin , Sehwag or any other good player then its time to go for its ,at this time you can beat the hell out of a spinner even if the field is spread out all you gotta do is

6hit button + frontfoot button + ------> it will go all the time for six if its short lenght if its long lenght then sweep it , it will go for 4 or 6 sweeping requires good timing if u time it good which is quite easy most of the time is early then it will clear the boundary .

Left Hand batsman trick , if you have a lefty in your team and he is good batsman then trust me he can do crazy damage other day i scored 179 out of 67 bowls with Ganguly against Australia this trick is just Crazy ,
The trick requires Early timing and it will be always a 6 so here is the shot

6hitbutton + frontfootshot + <------ remember this is for a lefty so its left side button you press in other words u hit the bowl to on side leg side .It doesnt matter where the bowler bowls , what lenght all you do is move ur batsman to off stump middle and leg stump so he the bowler can see off and middle stump the moment the bowler bowls just go for the shot it will go high and it will always be a 6 always always always doesnt matter who the bowler is just the early timing , remmber to watch out for slow ball , bcoz most of the time bowlers bowl quick deliveries so its easy to bit but when its slow bowl wait for it and then hit it....you can start this just rite from the begining ......

I will post more tips later i dont rememba much now gotta play it for a minute or so then i will write here...

Capitalprophets said:
First of lemme tell batting in cricket 2005 is freakin hard because it depends on how u time the ball and pitches so say you r in dump pitches it would be so hard to score runs , you will probably score but needs lots of time and patient.. but here are some tips that might help u get started ....

Remember scoring on off side is almost impossible bcoz darn AI always balls middle or leg stump almost 99% of times its leg or middle stump so forget scoring on off side maybe u will score if u play 200-300 balls otherwise its impossible , yeah you can take risks like moving out of the wicket and keep hitting to off side but you will soon get bowled , maybe u will score some runs but u will probably have a scoreboard something like that 5 - 20 runs anyways lets get back to tips..

1.At the start the fielding is so bad , there are only 2 fielders on leg Side till you score 30-40runs then the field gets spread but the time there are only 2 fielders you can easily score runs here we go with some of the ways u can score quick 30-40 runs at start of the game

timing is crucial if you want 2 runs ,3 runs or 4 runs then try to time it very late then it will beat the fielder and go for boundary
if you want quick 1 run then just play the shot as the bowler bowls then it will go for 1 run all the time...

2.this is another method again u can score easy 30-40 runs at start before the fielding gets all spread, with timing only with timing this shot can be used to score runs later even if the field is spread out but its very hard u need very good timing.

Advance shot D + -------> to make it go for the boundary press the button as soon as the bowler let go the ball , then the batsman will come down the wicket and hit it for 2-4runs on ON SIDE

Bowling Side = anywhere but best is middle or leg side you can play it even from offside if you move your player
BackFoot (W) + -----> Trick is if the bowl is between long and middle lenght you just press very very quickly the batsmen will guide it to backside and it always results in a boundary..

Now these will help you get quick 30-40 Runs at start but what after the field gets spread and you cannot even score, this is the hardest part in the game , if you want quick runs here then you gotta go for 6 hit button otherwise its impossible to score easy runs unless you really time the bowl but leave timing first u gotta find the gap once u find the gap you gotta time it to go thru the gap even after that you will have 1-2runs at most because fielders most of the time stop it , so i hope the tricks i will mention will help u get thru this..

1.Look around the field setting , very very carefully because that will help u decide what shot to play and what not to play and even sometimes u can go for big hits to the direction without any fielders, bcoz as much as 6 hit button is handy it is that easy for bowler to get ur wicket , bcoz as i said timing is very crucial if u play big hits without looking at the field you might make some quick 10-15 runs but after that the bowler will get your wicket with a good bowler , because u will get out just by 1 mistake.

2.Once u find the gap , you have to find the best shot suitable for that place , sounds easy but remember ,the shot wont go anywhere if you dont time it good , so again timing is very crucial here , early late or ideal.

3.Once you find the gap its time to go for shots , from what i have seen , after you score 30-40 runs the fielding will be all around as it is in ODIs for first 15 overs , so here if its pace bowler then play sweep for short bowl all the time depending on his speed , if he bowls quick then press the button early , thus it will guide it for single or boundary , if its long then play backfoot shot very early it will guide it for 4 runs on back side all the time ..

4.Spinners , they are not as easy to get hit for 6s as it was in 2004 now they bowl very good line and lenght scoring runs in a spinner over is soooooooo hard....bcoz they bowler long lenghts which is hard to play 1 trick is to always play Backfoot + -----> very very early , but remember sometimes it will go for catch if you do not time it very good but if u time it good then its always 4runs all the time ....

5.Confidence meter -- just keep defensing to fill it up , once its full and if ur batsman is good player like Sachin , Sehwag or any other good player then its time to go for its ,at this time you can beat the hell out of a spinner even if the field is spread out all you gotta do is

6hit button + frontfoot button + ------> it will go all the time for six if its short lenght if its long lenght then sweep it , it will go for 4 or 6 sweeping requires good timing if u time it good which is quite easy most of the time is early then it will clear the boundary .

Left Hand batsman trick , if you have a lefty in your team and he is good batsman then trust me he can do crazy damage other day i scored 179 out of 67 bowls with Ganguly against Australia this trick is just Crazy ,

6hitbutton + frontfootshot + <------ remember this is for a lefty so its left side button you press in other words u hit the bowl to on side leg side .It doesnt matter where the bowler bowls , what lenght all you do is move ur batsman to off stump middle and leg stump so he the bowler can see off and middle stump the moment the bowler bowls just go for the shot it will go high and it will always be a 6 always always always doesnt matter who the bowler is just the early timing , remmber to watch out for slow ball , bcoz most of the time bowlers bowl quick deliveries so its easy to bit but when its slow bowl wait for it and then hit it....you can start this just rite from the begining ......

I will post more tips later i dont rememba much now gotta play it for a minute or so then i will write here...

Great tips keep it up i wait eagerly for more, more, more :cheers

Capitalprophets said:

I play with Australia and Gilchrist and Hayden open, there both left handers and I had 100 on the board with in 6 overs I think, but they both got out to slower balls(first time I got any runs). I have trouble with facing against left arm bowlers to right hand batsman, the match was against India who have 2 left arm fast bowlers and I struggled I ended up having 9 down with 25 to get, but McGrath and Gillespie made them in the end for my first ever win.

I also find charging down the wicket easier to time the ball, so in the first few overs I charge down the wicket all the time to get my confidence up quicker. Also the charge down the wicket onside shot (no powershot) can actually get a 4 on the odd occasion, ans also it can produce a slightly wider on drive which can get through the infield and on a dry pitch sometimes to the fence.. I have played about 20 games and won my first one last night, so its all good, I chased down 182 runs..

Another valuable tip

With shift key held +hold the shot (whichever eg. S/D/W ) button longer to hit farther and faster. Just tapping may result in falling to fielders hands..I mean during a square drive hold the button s/w whichever longer with shift held to hit it above the fielders on the squares . Also sweeping a fast bowler with shift key held will be a good option for good length deliveries...always goes for sixes...
On easy difficulty i scored 232 /2 playing India against Pakistan on a hard wicket in 10 overs.. ....Usually standing outside the leg stump and playing six hit square drives and cover drives will earn u many runs...But watch out for some yorkers...usually a D button ..just a little tap with shift key held wiill help u give a good six hit...make sure u hit it to long on or squareon the leg side...Also the timing of the shot depends on the moment the ball leaves the bowlers hand and also the speed of the pitch ...Make sure u hit it with the sweet spot on the bat...

Users who are viewing this thread