BCCI sacks Prasad and Robin Singh

Did the BCCI officials do a right thing?

• Yes

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters

angryangy

ICC Chairman
I don't rate this too much. Yeah, the bowling and fielding was terrible recently, but sacking the coaches isn't a magic fix. If you include guys like Ashish Nehra, you have to accept way lower standards in the field.

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
I don't quite understand why people don't work on their weaknesses...Ashish Nehra can do much better than that in the field..
We don't want another Chris Martin here,who's an absolute freak with the bat!

King Cricket

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I don't rate this too much. Yeah, the bowling and fielding was terrible recently, but sacking the coaches isn't a magic fix. If you include guys like Ashish Nehra, you have to accept way lower standards in the field.

Well, if the absence of one frontline bowler brings in the collapse of the entire bowling unit, then I'm afraid the bowling coach has to share the blame. Sacking the coaches may not usher in a magic fix, but keeping these two despite them doing nothing whatsoever wouldn't have been a wise decision either.

Last edited:

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Bring in Khali as Bowling and Fielding coach. Just his roar sums up everything. :D

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Why do we need bowling and fielding coach?

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
I think this is the work which is connected to economical resition.
So, I think there may not be any replacement for these persons.
Hopefully, if someone like Lehmann arrives as another coach, it'd be good.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Too many cooks spoil the food.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Appoint TA.Sekhar as the bowling coach!;)

Agreed! I also said this in another thread a few weeks back. Is the MRF pace academy officially recognised by the BCCI? If not, we should probably do it. They are the best guys in the business. Bowlers from other countries come here to enhance their skills and do well for their countries. But our country fails to do so because we have poor coaches who sacrifice on the basics for line and length.

saisrini80 added 1 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

Why do we need bowling and fielding coach?

Maybe not bowling, but for fielding we need a coach. Too much of work on Gary Kirsten will not be ideal. He will need some backup support. A fielding coach from other countries can work well. Definitely not from India (or even subcontinent) because we are not good at fielding at all.

King Cricket

International Coach
We need bowlers not coaches.

We need coaches to train the bowlers. We have got talent, but the talent we have isn't being utilized properly. Take a look at Ishant. The guy is enormously talented, but is slowly getting lost in the dark, for want of proper guidance. This is where the question of a good bowling coach comes up.

Raj_Aryan

Club Cricketer
There are talks that Wasim Akram is new bolwing coach for KKR, already there were talks that I Sharma's bowling coach is Manoj Prabhakar,the reason for his failure is that Prasad didnt like Sharma talking to Prabhakar,now if another bowling coach is appointed Sharma as he plays for KKr,will be under Wasim Akram,the new bowling coach,Prabhakar...

Users who are viewing this thread