BCCI want to ban sledging

Why are you getting so agitated? The BCCI have just suggested, and if their opinion is not acceptable, it will be naturally be vetoed out.
It only annoys me because the BCCI have only said about this because of the series against Australia. They haven't done it because they have high principles, just because its had a negative effect on their team.

Kev said:
If the BCCI doesn't like sledging then how about they set a good example and just instruct their players not to sledge.
Spot on, thats the point I made at the end of my last post.

If only, if only.

:D

Suddenly the BCCI has become a target for people to throw anything at it just because they are the richest board in the world. I mean we are not 100% sure if the BCCI use their money power to get things done. And even if they do, according to me, those who bow down to the money power are the main culprits instead of the person who is yielding that power.

Anyways, my current reply is leading somewhere else.....

In a money game, it's easiest to blame the richest.

If the BCCI doesn't like sledging then how about they set a good example and just instruct their players not to sledge.
How many Indian players sledge? You'd struggle to form a list after Sreesanth and Harbhajan. The previous generation of Indian cricketers didn't sledge and it hasn't really changed the situation towards the other direction, has it?

It only annoys me because the BCCI have only said about this because of the series against Australia. They haven't done it because they have high principles, just because its had a negative effect on their team.
But they're following the correct course of action. If they have a problem with their system, isn't it only right that they bring it up with the ICC? If such a law passes, it's a reflection of the poorness of the ICC, not the BCCI.

Last edited:
How many Indian players sledge? You'd struggle to form a list after Sreesanth and Harbhajan. The previous generation of Indian cricketers didn't sledge and it hasn't really changed the situation towards the other direction, has it?

How about the new commers ?

RP Singh
Utthapa
Yuvraj
Gambhir

Kumble ( recently has started)

Nice point out Kev ;)

What have you posted here! Now all members will be busy searching Youtube for videos involving Indian players in sledgfest.

I think there is no need to ban sledging. It should be made rule and anyone who does not sledge should be fined 50% of his match fees. Then all PC members will have gr8 time watching cricket matches cos most of games are so one sided these days.

Another thing, why not have fighting scenes like NHL. That will get crowd going and players entertained. Cos noones on ground to watch cricket match or play in cricket match. They are there to have fun on expense of opposition.

wait a minute !!!..........so if a player says "f*** off".....he'll get banned ?? :eek: :eek:

if thats the case, then it would be the most absurd thing to happen in
the history of cricket !

Well, That's the problem being the World's Richest Cricket Board. If you aren't amongst the richest boards, Their Players won't start sledging their opponents because they may get a cut off their 10% of their match to 88%. Considering the players playing for the richest board, They have no fear of any bans as they would perhaps accept their Match fee redeemed by teh Central board ICC, Still get as much money for the match as the player who played Sensible cricket, Without sledging, Showing "No"; aggression on any Opponents' players/On field/Off the field, serving for the Boards of the nations compared to as less richer Boards.

Well then BCCI have always been Richest Cricket Board,but the sledging thing from india started just now because some new young players came and they know how to answer Sledgind!
Whole world knows How AUSSIS Mcgrath looked like absurd when He did sledging with sachin tendulkar but he only answered by hitting 4.At that time also BCCI was Richest Cricket Board.and Now some young players have shown some aggression then AUSSIS have problem.Great!What Indian players are doing now,is trade mark of AUSSIS.

That's the reason why richest boards in the world have more sledging players in their teams. Whereas, Less richer, Financially troubled boards stay calm and keep their cool when playing against their oppositions, Example = Sri Lanka, Inspite of getting egged, Stayed calm. Whereas India were to take their place, Would have informed their emporer(the other name of BCCI) to take immediate actions' or else they would take their revenge.
Richest boards in the world have more sledging players,In that case AUSSIS CRICKET BOARD must be more richest board!

Its amazing how you know all the detailed imformation about teams, such as which team sledges and what players do and dont. Plus most of the Indian team speak English fluently enough to sledge?

How about the new commers ?

RP Singh
Utthapa
Yuvraj
Gambhir

Kumble ( recently has started)
Sledging is usually done by close in fielders, so RP Singh is ruled out since he's usually sweeping the leg side and off side boundaries. I personally haven't heard Uthappa or Gambhir sledge when fielding, but I'd accept that Yuvraj does it. You'll notice, though, that you brought up the players you did because of confrontations that they have with the opposition, not necessarily because of sledging.

Its amazing how you know all the detailed imformation about teams, such as which team sledges and what players do and dont. Plus most of the Indian team speak English fluently enough to sledge?
I know, it's amazing isn't it? Bow down to my superior knowledge.

Sledging is not defined to be English. However, if you start getting banned for talking to the opposition in a language they don't understand, that would be rather silly as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread