Best batsman today ?

i am surprised no body has said Yuvrag...i mean he is an excellent player and very very consistent as well...was dropped for the test against pak but when he got his chance look what he did...if not the best, he is right now with his hot form, one of the best out there...

thats just the reason, he hasnt played alot of test matches. he has been great in 20/20 sam in ODIs but he hasnt played many test matches lately.

thats just the reason, he hasnt played alot of test matches. he has been great in 20/20 sam in ODIs but he hasnt played many test matches lately.

Thats true, Yuvraj has not played that many tests, but if I had a choise of who I would take first in a fantacy draft for my team...in terms of ODI's, theres no doubt that i would take Yuvraj. He is one of the best one-day batsmen out ther right now, and in great form. The way he times the ball is briliant, definitly one of the more astheticly pleasing batsmen to watch!

As for test matches, and as an overall batsman, Sangakkara at the moment is by far the best. But its hard to tell who's the best as form can come and go, there are a variety of top class baters to choose from, its just hard to say shich one is at the top, due to the form they're in and so on....
Ganguly has been lights out this year, he's played fantastic, and only Kallis has more runs this year than Ganguly.

At the moment the best batsmen are...

Sangakkara
Ponting
Tendulkar
Kallis
Jayawardene
Ganguly
Dravid
Hussey
Yousuf

All these batsmen have talent levels that are very similar....obviously in each of their primes, Tendulkar was the best of the lot, but as of now, any of these batsmen could be the best in the world. At the moment I believe its Sangakkara.

Given West Indies' notoriously brittle lower order, that has often meant he hasn't always had the opportunity to pace and play his innings as he'd like to. That, as the table below suggests, has hardly deterred him. Among all batsmen who've scored at least 2500 runs at Nos. 5 and 6, Chanderpaul's average of 53.53 puts him in fourth position, ahead of far more fancied names like Allan Border, Colin Cowdrey and Inzamam-ul-Haq. In fact, his average is just one lesser than Steve Waugh, the man who excelled in the art of batting with the tail (though admittedly, it was a far more competent tail than what Chanderpaul has been saddled with).

Facts

WTF ...hold up.

Not even ICC ranks chanderpaul below those people, and you have the heart to name ten players and no chanderpaul ?

None of those players display the class chanderpaul displays in all his games.

HOW DARE YOU!!!

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/columns/content/story/299196.html

Just read that, and shut tha fack up next time.

In the last 3 years, only three players have better stats than chanderpaul.

dude we here on these forums like to talk like grown up people not 12 year olds OK. you need to calm down apologise to the guy because you probably will get banned from the forums because your cusing at the guy.

you cant go of on someone because its their opinion so calm down. OK!!

WTF ...hold up.

Not even ICC ranks chanderpaul below those people, and you have the heart to name ten players and no chanderpaul ?

None of those players display the class chanderpaul displays in all his games.

HOW DARE YOU!!!

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/columns/content/story/299196.html

Just read that, and shut tha fack up next time.

In the last 3 years, only three players have better stats than chanderpaul.
If you go on a batsman when their in form then Hayden's better then Chanderpaul his also better then Sangakkara, Jayawardene, Ganguly, Hussey, Yousuf who zreh listed. His made more Test Centuries then any of them and only played 91 Tests. He reached 20 Test Centuries quicker then anyone else in the history of Test Cricket bar Don Bradman in only 55 Tests. Hayden's also an Opening Batsman whilst other players listed don't have to contend with the new ball and offend come in when it's all roughed up and he still averages 50+ in Test Cricket - Amazing.

If you go on a batsman when their in form then Hayden's better then Chanderpaul his also better then Sangakkara, Jayawardene, Ganguly, Hussey, Yousuf who zreh listed. His made more Test Centuries then any of them and only played 91 Tests. He reached 20 Test Centuries quicker then anyone else in the history of Test Cricket bar Don Bradman in only 55 Tests. Hayden's also an Opening Batsman whilst other players listed don't have to contend with the new ball and offend come in when it's all roughed up and he still averages 50+ in Test Cricket - Amazing.

If you check the facts, hayden haven't done much in the last three years.

Didn't you watch the World Cup? He was head and shoulders above every other batsman in that tournament that it wasn't funny.

But as an opening batsman, you usually have to add 5 runs to their career average to get a realistic view. In that case Hayden averages 58 which is 12 more runs then Chanderpaul's average of 46.

Ponting is still easily the best batsman in the world at the moment, Sangakkara only looks close to him because Ponting hasn't played much Test Cricket in the last year and in ODI cricket he hasn't looked so dominant due to playing with huge hitters of a cricket ball. What Sangakkara has acchieved this year is what Ponting's been doing for years.

Hayden's actually made more centuries in the last 3 years then what Chanderpaul has anyway in Test Cricket.

Last edited:
Ponting. For so many reasons. Aussies were in trouble against us early and as soon as he strided out there he took control. Best batsman i've ever seen in both forms.

Plus he plays every shot, great runner, gets amazing placement, amazing timing.

Ponting, he's making centuries with incredible consistency. Chanderpaul definitely comes close with some of the innings he's played of late.

I really dont see any point in this post.Everyday a batsman will play well.
So,the best of best batsman will go on increasing !

Didn't you watch the World Cup? He was head and shoulders above every other batsman in that tournament that it wasn't funny.

But as an opening batsman, you usually have to add 5 runs to their career average to get a realistic view. In that case Hayden averages 58 which is 12 more runs then Chanderpaul's average of 46.

Ponting is still easily the best batsman in the world at the moment, Sangakkara only looks close to him because Ponting hasn't played much Test Cricket in the last year and in ODI cricket he hasn't looked so dominant due to playing with huge hitters of a cricket ball. What Sangakkara has acchieved this year is what Ponting's been doing for years.

Hayden's actually made more centuries in the last 3 years then what Chanderpaul has anyway in Test Cricket.

A guy who struggles against spin can never be best batsman in the world,
what are you talking ponting has not played in tests he played against srilanka and looked ordinary against murali at home,
i can't even think what will happen to him in india

He can so play spin. He'd probably make runs aswell.

And his only played 3 Tests so far this year, that's hardly any.

Average of 59 in Test Cricket and the only players that come close to his average have strike-rates of about 40 whilst Ponting's is 59. Clearly the best in the business.

His also better'd Tendulkar's ODI batting average now so suck on that.

Ponting. When he retires, he'll be the second best of all time.

Just coming off two consecutive hundreds, his the best batter I've seen in a long time. When he is on form, he just makes runs. Always. Tremendous.

Tendulkar, Kallis and Pointing...

No offence to Chanderpaul he has an incredible player however he does not compare to these three no where near it! Average of 46 and 16 centuries is not world-beating!

Only players in cricket who come close to the top three are Hussey and Sangakkara. Both of whom need a a couple thousand more runs to be considered!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread