Best Players?

Yup Hove is a great place, saw 2 20-20 matches two years ago and Sussex vs West Inides last year.
Themuel1, what matches u seen there?

i saw about 7 day and night matches and the west indies match- i went with you lol.
i've only seen 1 20:20 match :(
what have the ecb changed about 20:20 cricket this season?

themuel1 said:
what have the ecb changed about 20:20 cricket this season?
There'll be 8 group games instead of 5. Each team will play 3 teams twice, and 2 teams once.

Stupid if you ask me. I'd add Scotland and Ireland, split it into 4 groups of 5, and you've still got 8 group games.

it does seem stupid, but at least theres more matches before sussex go out :)

themuel1 said:
it does seem stupid, but at least theres more matches before sussex go out :)

Yes but it is rather dumb, playing a few teams twice and others only once, this isn't a level playing field as you could be playing the strongest team twice, or visa versa and win the whole thing because of "easy matches"

How can you rate Harmison above McGrath? Damn Englishmen :( Hell McGrath on a bad day is better than Harmo. McGrath is one of Australia's best fast bowler in our history. I rate him up with Dennis Lillee.

Harmison's "the sprinkler", he sprays em everywhere :D

only in the RSA series. i saw pretty much every ball he bowled last summer and in the WIndies best bwoling ever. like AD when he was in full flight.

also ill try to go to some sussex games. just hope the buses still work or get train

squiz said:
How can you rate Harmison above McGrath? Damn Englishmen :( Hell McGrath on a bad day is better than Harmo. McGrath is one of Australia's best fast bowler in our history. I rate him up with Dennis Lillee.

That over that Gibbs smacked him around was really funny! :D Boycott was taking him to pieces."This is a joke and absolute joke" is just the kind stuff he said during the over.

squiz said:

i said in the form he was in in the windies and summer 2004

He was distinctly average in the first three tests against the West Indies in the summer, didn't perform in that series until the final test at The Oval, where he took 9 in the match. You're not better than McGrath unless you can land every single ball on off stump, which Harmison doesn't do all the time, unfortunately.

stevie said:
He was distinctly average in the first three tests against the West Indies in the summer, didn't perform in that series until the final test at The Oval, where he took 9 in the match. You're not better than McGrath unless you can land every single ball on off stump, which Harmison doesn't do all the time, unfortunately.

Good point, i may have to change my vote then...... :mad
Though i still think harmi has the potential to be an all time great bowler

Bat: Sachin Tendulakur
Bowl: Glen McGrath
Fielder: Paul Collingward

It was the New Zeland series tat Strauss scored something like 112 and 84(run out by Hussain :crying :mad :noway, the knockout blow :boxing to him retiring!)

Users who are viewing this thread