Best Players?

themuel1 said:
Good point, i may have to change my vote then...... :mad
Though i still think harmi has the potential to be an all time great bowler

There's no doubt he's got the potential, as he has shown, but he needs to be consistant wherever he plays. I find the homesickness reason abit stupid to be honest, look at what he did in the West Indies. Surely if he suffers from homesickness, it would've effected him out there too?

maybe but south africa is more south, maybe his personal life was a bit iffy

Ok,one question.Why is it that you guys all think that Collingwood is such a great fielder,what has he done that Gibbs and Ponting can't do.I'm just asking because I haven't seen much of his fielding.

Anyway,what about Bravo???He seems quite a good fielder.

Gibbsrules said:
Ok,one question.Why is it that you guys all think that Collingwood is such a great fielder,what has he done that Gibbs and Ponting can't do.I'm just asking because I haven't seen much of his fielding.

Anyway,what about Bravo???He seems quite a good fielder.

They are all great fielders. Collingwood is a reliable fielder. He has a bullet arm, makes some superb catches and hits the stumps 9 times out of ten. He ran someone out in the last game.

Gibbs brings a lot of energy to the field and can field anywhere, which makes hi great. As for best keeper of late- Dinesh Karthik/Mark Boucher

nik said:
Dinesh Karthik?! wot r u talking bout ZoraxDoom, he is pathetic at batting!
Um.....he said wicketkeeper, not batsmen.
Its people like you who prevent true talent from beeing discovered.
Batting in't everything.
Just look at Ian healy, Syed Kirmani, Jack Russel, Nayan Mongia-all mugs with the bat but outstanding keepers.
And besides, he isn't at all a bad batsmen.
Go to cricinfo and check out his first class stats.

Last edited:
batter- afridi: lets ee has the highest run rates which makes the batter the best anyone can play slow and make centuries(s) like inzmam or tendulkar, but to do that in 50% of the balls like fours after fours is crazy!!!!

bowler- Wasim Akhram, no comment, can not explain in words

feilder- Mohammad Kaif, no comment, can not explain in words

alrounder- Ponting, no comment, can't explain in word

andrew_nixon said:
I'm afraid you'll have to give an explanation as to why you think Ponting is the best all-rounder........

:D !!!!!

As for keepers, in modern times, you have to have a keeper who is a good bat, you can't affordto get to number 6 and then have to worry about no batting to come...if you ask me anyway

Users who are viewing this thread