• Virender Sehwag

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Sachin Tendulkar

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Marcus Trescothick

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hmmmm.... most people think Glichrist is the best. 7.

Sanath Jayasuriya is somewhat under-rated, but I think if he gets going he would be much more dangerous than Gilchrist or Flintoff or anyone. He has a highest score of 189, 17 ball 50(75 of 25 in that match), 48 ball 100, and many other aggressive knocks(including 30 off an over twice). Have a look at his stats.

http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/PLAYERS/SL/J/JAYASURIYA_ST_08001988/

Last edited:
ok guys you dont have shahid afridi in the list. if you talk about the most destructive batsment if you dont mention shahid afridi then that is really stupid from 37 balls hundreth runs agiants sri lanka one of the better teams. smashing vaas fro 4 sixes in one over. please guys post new threads that make sens stupid absloutely stupid.

nop
cause in last match is perfomance was very bad he got 2 times duck and other match is somethink like 2 or3 runs so plzz do not make an another post sahid afride was worst performace in last 5 match and i would lik to go for virendar sewag he so dangerous man

I would have to say Chris Gayle because he can be destructive and steady for whole inning. You hardly see that from the likes of Gilchrist and Sehwag, they get you good 30 or 40 runs and than they are gone. So for me Gayle is probably the most destructive odi batsman in the world right now. But hey who can forget infamous Shahid Afridi of Pakistan, duck out or not, the guy does not spare anybody. Even the greatest bowler can expect a six out of the ground on his best bowl.

yup, certainly agree with you....

besides gayle is also a great bowler, he is the complete package...

if you have sehwag in the list you should have afridi in the list two. sehwag always make one and two then gets out. in icc champoins trophy it was shahid afridi that took away the game from the opposition hitting two sixes at the end of the match.

I could not understand what the word "destructive" implies, if its hard-hitting then it must go to Afridi straightaway for having the highest frequency in hitting sixes. There was no need to mention Sachin, Lara or other classic players. But if it means a dominator, a bowler's rhythm destroyer, or a player who could make his team win only on his own performance thereby destroying opposition's hopes it needs only two options:
1.Sachin Tendulkar
2.Brian Lara
But Sachin has been much more consistent than Lara all over with so many hundreds, so I would have gone for Sachin.

If you are talking about a blend of hard-hitting and a dominator, none could beat Sanath Jayasuriya.

So in my opinion
Best hard-hitter : Shahid Afridi
Best dominator : Sachin Tendulkar
Best blend of above features : Sanath Jayasuriya

totally agree ajit........ think guys before posting a stupid topic that doesnt make sens

normally gilchrist but if in form i'll go with shewag...
he smashed 35 runs in one over against murli karthik in warm ups...wow

Users who are viewing this thread