Is Sehwag the next Lara?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are being too harsh.

Both of them have similarities. An unusual knack for getting large scores, ability to destroy any bowling attack on their day, brilliant hand-eye co-ordination, full of flair...

But that's where it ends. Lara attacked with elegance and genius, made it look effortless. Sehwag brutalises bowlers and violent, incredibly struck shots. Lara's innings were textbook perfection with ingenious innovation and shots only a master could play. Sehwag's are full of shots straight out of a gully cricket match which only an incredible talent like him could pull off.

What all of you aren't doing, except for Saisrini and Zorax, (surprise surprise), is not reading the most important part of the opening post.

Here, I am not saying Sehwag is better than Lara.

He isn't even pitting them in the same league. He's just expressing his opinion that he thinks Sehwag is the closest to Lara in the modern era. He doesn't state how close he is.

What all of you aren't doing, except for Saisrini and Zorax, (surprise surprise), is not reading the most important part of the opening post.

He isn't even pitting them in the same league. He's just expressing his opinion that he thinks Sehwag is the closest to Lara in the modern era. He doesn't state how close he is.

That contradicts his topic title, which clearly suggests that Sehwag might be the next Lara.

That contradicts his topic title, which clearly suggests that Sehwag might be the next Lara.

No, it doesnt. He thinks Sehwag shares many similarities with Lara (he mentioned them all) and so he thinks Sehwag might be the next Lara. Though, Sehwag is not the next Lara because the biggest thing in Lara was his elegance and Sehwag has none of it in his armoury. The only player who can be compared to Lara in elegance might be Sachin Tendulkar and Ricky Ponting.

You got it wrong here.
He is for sure better than Brian Lara.

Save yourself the embarrassment and leave.

Fatal Shot added 5 Minutes and 6 Seconds later...

No, it doesnt. He thinks Sehwag shares many similarities with Lara (he mentioned them all) and so he thinks Sehwag might be the next Lara. Though, Sehwag is not the next Lara because the biggest thing in Lara was his elegance and Sehwag has none of it in his armoury. The only player who can be compared to Lara in elegance might be Sachin Tendulkar and Ricky Ponting.

So he's saying that he's the next Lara, but he's not better than Lara, but they are equals? Yeah tweaking right.

You got it wrong here.
He is for sure better than Brian Lara.

:laugh:laugh
Please tell me you are being sarcastic.

Just becasue both of them score big scores doesn't mean they are in any way similar. Lara had an elagance that no one could compete with, a great player to watch. Sehwag is just a basher of the ball, he is moer like a Jayasuria than Lara.

:laugh:laugh
Please tell me you are being sarcastic.

Just becasue both of them score big scores doesn't mean they are in any way similar. Lara had an elagance that no one could compete with, a great player to watch. Sehwag is just a basher of the ball, he is moer like a Jayasuria than Lara.

You all are simply jealous of the talent of Virender Sehwag.

Sehwag is class but not that to compare to with Legend Lara.

BUT the day when Sehwag achieves 401* i ll change my view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread