Is Sehwag the next Lara?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silly comment. Just because Lara is better doesn't mean Sehwag is talentless.

He's good but overrated. The only innings I remember of his overseas, is that 150 he made against Australia in 2008 I believe. Other than that, most of his runs have come in the sub-continent, which has just been brutal on the bowlers since 2000 onwards really. When he does something in England, South Africa or Australia I'll say he's one of the best openers. When the ball moves off the pitch he struggles, because of his technique, and he really hasn't been tested enough, and because India don't want to go overseas or out of the sub-continent, he won't be for a while.

I'll disagree with this. Scoring highest run in innings doesn't makes it Legend. Lara will always stay forward than Sehwag.

2 times triple ton. missed the 3rd one with mere runs.

Yes Lara = Legend . Sehwag = Sultan :cool:

Lets wait for Sehwag's career to get over before we compare him with legends. There's a lot more to come from Sehwag.

Params7 added 6 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

Though I think I might agree with the topic title...by the end of his run he may end up being just as respected as Lara :)

You got it wrong here.
He is for sure better than Brian Lara.

url

Congratulations, for taking over RDF as the most biased Indian on this forum.

lions_facepalm_wards-1.jpg

Silly comment. Just because Lara is better doesn't mean Sehwag is talentless.

Exactly, just because someone made this ridiculous comparison does not mean Sehwag is a hack.

Sure he throws the bat at everything and cant play a defensive shot to save his life, but saying that he is not talented is just as ridiculous as the comparison to Lara.

Sehwag is probably one of the most talented cricketers in International cricket.

I did not mean to compare Sehwag with Lara. I was just impressed with the way Sehwag attacks quality bowling (like Murali and Mendis).

Sehwag has been called the next Sachin Tendulkar by the greats. And as far as I know, Sachin is better than Lara. If Sehwag is compared to Sachin then he is the next Lara or better than him. Tactics and styles are not everything. You just have to score runs and take your team to victory. If you know your tactics right then you can score as you wish. That is all that matters and Sehwag can even snatch a win that is 99% in hands of the opposition.

Sehwag has been called the next Sachin Tendulkar by the greats.

Now I'm sure that even the Indian fans on this forum will call this one of the dumbest statements made. I would also like to know what legends said this.

And as far as I know, Sachin is better than Lara. If Sehwag is compared to Sachin then he is the next Lara or better than him. Tactics and styles are not everything. You just have to score runs and take your team to vistory.

Have you ever seen Lara bat? Or are you just making these claims based on what you saw from Sehwag and heard from someone about Lara?

That is all that matters and Sehwag can even snatch a win that is 99% in hands of the opposition.
What makes you so sure Lara couldn't do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread