Votes: 1 1.8%
  • West Indies : Brian Lara

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Zimbabwe : Tatenda Taibu

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bangladesh : Habibul Bashar

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
majority win's in that case no new zealander's to battle the aussie's' aussies once againt has out numbered new zealand'

yep, i think there is some biased voting going one herre!!! just joking!! although have you noticed that hardly any aussie has posted here ;) suspicious!

you know why there is no aussie's posting here' because they dont like there own captian' and they know that most people are voting for ricky pointing the captain which they dont like' so if they vote and support some other captain's' it will be shame full for them'

fardin said:
you know why there is no aussie's posting here' because they dont like there own captian' and they know that most people are voting for ricky pointing the captain which they dont like' so if they vote and support some other captain's' it will be shame full for them'

hmmmmm you're not contradicting yourself there are you? Australians don't like their own captain so they vote for him in the Best captain in the world poll. Is that what you're saying?

squiz said:
hmmmmm you're not contradicting yourself there are you? Australians don't like their own captain so they vote for him in the Best captain in the world poll. Is that what you're saying?[/QUOT

ok dude what every but i dont like ricky pointing'

Will p said:
yep, i think there is some biased voting going one herre!!! just joking!! although have you noticed that hardly any aussie has posted here ;) suspicious!

Hey....did you forget me?I voted for Fleming.

gold639 said:
Hey....did you forget me?I voted for Fleming.

gold at first i did not realized that you were from aussie's for some damn reason' And i just figured out it is not only me' :eek:

1) I donno when he has faltered in keeping pressure on the opposition. If his bowlers have let him down or batsmen have not performed then its a different thing but Ganguly easing the pressure on the opposition. You must be jokin.
Well, one thing I can never understand is that you always credit Ganguly if the team plays well, but if they play badly its players(Sachin,Dravid,...)to be blamed.
It should be considered as captain's failure if a team gives away a hi-fi score in 2nd innings of any one-dayer or loses when they have posted a huge total. India don't have a big history of losing when they put scores like 270+ on board. But failure to defend a score of 292 runs and that too being mockingly chased by the opposition is possible only if the team that batted first fails to maintain pressure. About instances,...
1.Pakistan chased 293 in only 49 overs losing only four wickets.
2.The same team got 344 in 50 overs and almost played at 9 an over in final overs. India won due to Kartik and Nehra, not due to Dada.
3.England getting nearly 150 runs of last 17 overs in Natwest series.
4.NZ victory in Champions Trophy 2000 when they made it from 132/5 to 265 and won.
5.NZ's win in Cuttack. 88/5 in 24 overs to successfully 237 in 47 overs.
6.Pak's win in Peshawar. They were 170 odd for 6 at a stage.
7.WI win after losing not 4,not 5,but 6 early wickets, thanks to Powell.
8.Ch. trophy 2004 loss to (yet again) Pak as well.
9.Failure to even stop Zimbabwe's Douglas Marillier to get 58 in last 5 overs.
I'm sure there are many more...
You will say there was something heroic that always happened in all these matches. Heroes being Butt,Inzy,Freddie,Cairns,McMillan,Hameed,Powell,Youhana,...
But players have become heroes so frequently that I can't disagree that there's something wrong with the Captain. If I remember recent India-Australia ODI matches, some players(like Ganguly,Melbourne) came to the verge of becoming match-winners but can't make it as they had to face a lot of pressure.
The opposition scores in free flow and then we only see Dada making worse(and uglier)expressions rather than doing something, that's for shame.
2) He is not very imaginative in field placement and pretty crude in fielding, but there should be a bit of conventional in the Indian captain otherwise he won't last a series and this man has lasted 4 years.
Well, if he is the worst here. I remember Pathan in ODI's opening overs only gets 2 fielders on leg side even when he is known to bowl around the legs. The batsmen at times, take advantage of this and score freely on the leg side. Also, I many times see opposition making a mockery of his field placings.Four, four again, yet again,... poor bowler, how long can he maintain his line and length. The field settings should be to suit the bowler rather than ones that originate from a captain's creativity.
3) I donnow how one can say that he cannot lift his team in pressure situation after Kolkata 2001, Brisbane 2003, Chennai 1st day 2nd session(tests), 3 odi victories in which India chased more than 300...and so many unachieved feats by the Indian team. If those came by without pressure then cricket is a pressure less game.
Kolkata, thanks to Laxman, Dravid and Harbhajan.
Brisbane, well we didn't win and there was not a pressure situation.
ODI victories, Kaifu and Yuvi are exceptional but what was Sourav's role, nothing.
Time for losses in pressure situations
1.Failure to win TVS Cup final(chasing only 236)
2.Asia Cup loss(229 to win)
3.Holland loss to Pak(63/1 in 9 overs to 127 all out)
4.Bangalore Test loss.
5.Failure to even compete in World Cup 2003 Final, I think Aussies faced more competion from Kenya(were 117/5 when chasing 176)
6.Failure to win Rawalpindi one-dayer (needed only 80 in last 10 overs)
7.Failure in Lahore test.
8.Absolute failure in NZ Test Series(0-2) and NZ One Day Series(2-5) as well.
He's been there as he is a Dada(this word has a meaning Bhai) He doesn't even respect a former great West Indies cricketer's decision. He in my opinion can even give death threat to a person. We can drop Laxman - yes(maybe even SRT),sourav - say his name and you're hanged. His Dadagiri has him in.
4) Its not his fault only when the great spin attack and talented fellas like Zaheer and Pathan bowl mediocre...
I think they always start well. Only as they are smashed (cause Dada's great field placings), their line and length gets disturbed. Bhajji, I never see this player giving up but he too is a victim of Sir Sourav Ganguly.
5) He may use anything Sona Chandi Chyavanprash, Hero Honda Bikes, or his restaurant food...but when you see a Saurav Ganguly cover drive or square cut, you know what beauty in cricket is all about.
His commercials look funniest. When I saw him dancing with Hrithik, or if I see a poster where he is with Sunny Deol both having a sword, I can't stop laughing. He dosen't look like an actor or a warrior does he. and that Pepsi Toss ka Boss ad,...

6)Are these WIN/ENG teams as strong as the ones in 70s or 80s? The answer is No Way! and Kapil,etc. had to face such tough teams. Had India played against ZIM/BAN in those days those captains would also have had a great record. And India's ODI record after WC 2003 goes as
18 victories,19 losses. That isn't bad, is it? Well, 3 wins against BAN, 4 against ZIM, ONCE EACH AGAINST KEN and UAE make 9. So against major teams its, 9 wins, 19 losses. You can get a clue why stats make him appear as a great captain when he actually isn't.
For test 1 win against zim and ban, 3 against win and 2 against eng would have simply not been there had he been a captain of 70s/80s.

Ajit said:
Ganguly is a really very poor captain.
I was wrong, he is a rich captain. Totally ineffective although,...
And we now have Sachin,Dravid,Laxman,Sehwag,Yuvraj,Kaif,Gambhir, and Badani,Mongia are still knocking hard. When earlier did we had so many good and talented batsmen.
Even for bowlers the list isn't short Kumble,Harbhajan,Kartik are brilliant spinners and Zaheer,Irfan,Balaji,Nehra,Agarkar are all known to be highly talented.
The only one thing that is wrong is Sourav Ganguly, who else...

Last edited:
Yeah and I have noticed he always is biased against Ganguly(not that I have a problem with it :))

yeah i have seen some people not liking ganguly' i mean it is intresting to see people hating ganguly such as ajit' back in 2003 when india qualified to world cup final' i heard every indian saying that ganguly is the best captain india ever had' And now when he is struggling and losing matche's every indian now has taken on him' it is so funny to see the indian's being againt's ganguly when the were with him a 2 year's back'

Users who are viewing this thread