Votes: 1 1.8%
  • West Indies : Brian Lara

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Zimbabwe : Tatenda Taibu

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bangladesh : Habibul Bashar

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
yeah i have seen some people not liking ganguly' i mean it is intresting to see people hating ganguly such as ajit' back in 2003 when india qualified to world cup final' i heard every indian saying that ganguly is the best captain india ever had' And now when he is struggling and losing matche's every indian now has taken on him' it is so funny to see the indian's being againt's ganguly when the were with him a 2 year's back'

It's called being on the winning side of things. :P

Will p said:
wow!!! great post ajit lol u know your stuff!!
I think he knows only what he wants to know...he remembers every thing bad abt dada in detail and easily glosses over the better(and larger) part of him and his captaincy but everyone is entitled to their own views however ridiculous they are...I know one thing for sure though India couldn't have had a better captain from 2000 onwards than Ganguly...but he lags far behind other international captains...

Last edited:
sachinisgod said:
I think he knows only what he wants to know...he remembers every thing bad abt dada in detail and easily glosses over the better(and larger) part of him and his captaincy but everyone is entitled to their own views however ridiculous they are...I know one thing for sure though India couldn't have had a better captain from 2000 onwards than Ganguly...but he lags far behind other international captains...

all true, opinion is everything here.................................

barmyarmy said:
I'll say Fleming as well; he's had a bad last few series but to be fair they've had shed loads of bad luck and injury problems and he's still a great captain.
Hi.
OK I am English, but the facts speak for themselves, Michael Vaughan has captained England to 10 wins out of 11 Tests, and with respect Nre Zealand accounted for 3 of those Tests.

Ern

Ern said:
Hi.
OK I am English, but the facts speak for themselves, Michael Vaughan has captained England to 10 wins out of 11 Tests, and with respect Nre Zealand accounted for 3 of those Tests.

Ern
That's because England are better, not anything to do with the captaincy

Ganguly, because he was first to show that Aussies are beatable like everyone else. :boxing

it all depends upon the form of your team
fleming has clung on to his place ever since lee germon left thats about 8 years now.
i';d say that saurav ganguly and fleming wud be the best to lead the world xi
ponting ----???????
what has he done till now
only the world cup....ind vs aus was won by a gilchrist and not ponting

p.s--200th post

Well just because I feel bad for Lara having to lead a joke team for so long and finally getting some reward in the Champions trophy... I say Lara is the best captain!

Why did so many people vote for Ponting? Anyone remember a particular match that Aussies won because of his shrewd captaincy? Put him in charge of an average team and he would at best be a mediocre captain. Its his players who make him look good as a captain. Now Waugh was a different class altogether.

Last edited:
well from these options i cant decide. but if you consider recent older ones too i would say it is Steve Waugh

I voted for ganguly because if you take real captaincy skillls like mental strenght,to always be at the side of your players and batting wise i think ganguly is the best captain in the world.i think their is a thing going around stephen fleming is the best captain in the world i completly disagree with that because in presurre situations i have seen him lose his mind .for ex when they toured india in the odis when the real pressure came he always flattered .except some innovative field placing which has to be a pre match plan .i don,t think in any other department he is the best.and ganguly because as he averages a great 42 in the odis with 22 hundredsand nearly 10000 runs which makes him the second best odi player after sachin and he bowls and has taken 2 5 wicket hauls and has 100 or so wickets in odis and gets batsman like kallis bowled in test matches and give s important breakthroughs.and in tests as captain he averages around 51.00 except lara who has a higher average as captain after the 2003 world cup.and when the real pressure comes he had made some decisons that show some mental strenght like motivating the players when everything seemed to be lost against south africa
in camphions trophy in 2003 in srilanka .to give a bowl to virender shewag in the last few overs and some great field placements and same in the asia cup between india and srilanka where india had to beat srilanka to reach the finals
and when sanath jayasuriya was going great guns and match seemed to be lost with 10 runs of 15 bowls he agian throwed the bowl to virender shewag.and to alaways stand for your players yes he has been wrong some times like the case of parthiv patel who i think was a better batsman than keeper but here the positive overcome the negatives .you see he brought in like of harbhagan singh who himself considers him as his real mentor and a young irfan pathan and stuck with yuvi and kaif when they were not making runs and if you remember he was the one you advised zaheer khan to go allout in the 2003 world cup and he instructed his pace bowlers to bowl fast as it gave batsman less time to play strokes .by fast i mean 140plus zaheer and nehrahad a great world cup and was touching 150 kmp/h .but after that i don,t know what happened and after injury he has lost a chunk of his pace and now bowling at around about 140 kmp/h..and you see he was the one who promoted laxman in the kolkata test to no 3 .and the most important thing why most australians don,t like him is he took on the aus in their own mind games.he was the only captain who really looked in to the eye of steve waugh and challenged him in his own mind games.everycaptain has some failures and success in case of ganguly success overcomes failure big time.

Last edited:
@theman...i'm not sure about others but I really have no feeling to read your post because it is just a big blob of words without proper punctuation or paragraphing. I think you should consider doing this because your post is just a mess and I just ignore things like it. However, please ignore this humble request, if you wish!

Ern said:
Hi.

Ern

And 7 of them were against the West Indies. Smashing stuff.

i say vaughan becuase every match, when england have been down and seemingly out, he has made crucial decisions and got the majoirty right.

Only prob....his batting has suffered

Users who are viewing this thread