Votes: 1 1.8%
  • West Indies : Brian Lara

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Zimbabwe : Tatenda Taibu

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bangladesh : Habibul Bashar

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Its such a shame aswell, he has the potentiall to be an incredible batsman, but he has never FULLY fu-filled it, he did a bit in aussie land but never since

I voted for Saurav Ganguly also becoz he has backed the players who he knows can perform well. Zaheer, Harbhajan, Yuvraj, Kaif, etc have been his players who have performed well. He also has an aggressive attitude and is more of an "in your face" guy who can take the attack upto the opposition! He has made smart moves too (giving Sehwag a bowl when India were almost losing in the ODI against South Africa in the Champions Trophy and against Sri Lanka in the Asia Cup 2004). And, HE WANTS TO TEAM TO WIN ALWAYS (Can see that through his emotions when India wins a series or a trophy!)

I think that the best captain in the world would have to be Ponting because he captains the best team in the world and has an average of 55

I noticed there's been a fair bit of Ponting bashing. "Only wins because of his team." Perhaps this is true, but he is one of the best players in his team and I believe this is an important factor.

Compare Ponting's stats to Ganguly's. They're at about the same point in their Test careers (Ponting 85; Ganguly 79), however, there are twice as many hundreds (11 to 21) and twice as many catches (53 to 105) to Ponting. Of course Ponting has only been captain for 10 matches, but from these stats I am inclined to assume that Ponting is far better at winning matches with his own performances, thus a great leader and inspiration for his team, if not necessarily a master of tactic and strategy.

If he leads his team well in the field, doesn't indulge in demoralising behaviour and is good at winning matches that his team appears to be loosing (not implying that other captains don't), does this not mean he is thus a good captain?

Ponting definantly isnt the best captain thats Fleming but given time he will be up there with the best.

His attacking nature and will to win inspires his team mates to perform at there best throughout a whole test.

Hes not afraid to give up easy runs to buy his team a wicket.
I dont see many other captains out there with the balls to have such attacking fields to batsmen in there 30's.

Ganguly is definantly one of the worst totally defensive field placements waiting for batsmen to get bored and hitout

Users who are viewing this thread