Best delivery you have ever seen.

cheaterr

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Which is the best delivery you have watched from a cricketer?

For me it was the one Shane Warne bowled to Gibbs in the World Cup 99 semi-final. The ball was bowled out side leg stump, spun in miles and hit the top of off-stump. Absolutely amazing

Mine is warnie's delivery to mike gatting at Old Trafford in 1993. Warne pitched the ball a foot outside leg stump, and spun the ball past Gatting's bat to clip the off bail.

Attachments

• rhs_mikegatting.jpg
    rhs_mikegatting.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
agrees with dazza, i want to see that delivery over and over again.

i think the best ball ive seen is when warne bowled to gatting i think in about 1993.

Mine is the same as Dazza's...it was also Warne's first ball in the Ashes.

and i liked warnes one to gibbs in the 1999 world cup, he saved the aussies in that match.

ive seen lara bowled and fliped to the ground off a beautiful HUGE INSWINGING YORKER by waqar yunis.

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorite and probably the best delivery would be the one Allan Donald bowled to Sachin Tendulkar during the India tour of South Africa 1996-97. The ball swung in so much from outside off stump to uproot Tendulkar's middle stump. I was shell shocked seeing that delivery. It still lingers in my mind. At that time, Sachin was my only idol and I was mad after him... Whenever he plays a game, I used to bunk my school classes with excuses like stomach ache, headache, etc. One day I watched this test match and this delivery utterly amazed me. I got fond of Donald from then!

What about the wickets taken in the second spell by Wasim Akram in the WC Final of 1992.He changed the angle and just bamboozled three POMs.

Also remember oe of Wasim's delievery to Rahul Dravid in the 1999 Test series.Ball pitched on the 5 th legstump and hit the off stump .

That was collosal man.

Also talking of Warney what bout the little master's last ball trick of Moin Khan in last years Test against Pak.That was good as well

Best I have seen is Kapil Dev to Qasim Omar........in the Champion of Champions trophy after the 1983 world cup. That was an amazing delivery........inswinging yorker...uprooted the middle peg....and that too the 1st ball the batsman faced...

the best delivery i have seen is Irfan Pathan's inswinging yorker to Adam Gilchrist in the recent test series in Australia.

There could be many but one of the recent best i could remember is of Akhtar's Yorker to Kallis (3rd ODI South Africa's tour of Pakistan Oct 03). It was beautifully bowled after a beamer which uprooted his middle stump followed by Akhtar's take off.

Shoaib Akhtars yorkers in which he bowled "Master Blaster 'Sachin' & Defensive Wall 'Dravid' " they were outclassed deliveries luv to watch tht deliveries again & again :hpraise & last but not the least in which Lara was bowled by Waqar wht a yorker it was :happy

Attachments

• nikamma1.gif
    nikamma1.gif
    127.8 KB · Views: 123

Users who are viewing this thread