Best delivery you have ever seen.

Well seeing as how I damn near worship Wasim's bowling, for me it'd have to be the back-to-back deliveries that proved to be the match turners in the WC 92 final agianst England.

I just saw another great one. It was from a ICC trophy final match, in 1998 and it was between Bangladesh and Kenya and the bangladeshi bowler Baiful or something bowled a bowl outside off stump, it swung in and took all three stumps out of the ground.

Allan lamb clean bowled by Akram in WC 1992 finals.

and right alongside it is

Lara on all fours after getting clean bowled by Waqar's "banana reverse swing" delivery.

and one more that still lingers in my mind is rookie J. Srinath clean bowling Keith Atherton of WI in Benson and hedges trophy in 1991-92 (just before the WC 92). I saw it and said Whoa!! this guy knows to bowl! (does ne1 remember it?)

Last edited:
I don't think i've ever seen a ball that is clearly better than the rest,though i seen some good ones.Especially one bowled by Shoaib which yorked Gilchrist!i think it wasw in Sharjah 2002.Test series.

One delivery that still remains in my memory is McGrath bowling to Sachin, Sachin thought it was a bouncer so he ducked. It turned out it didn't bounce that high and it hit him in the helmet. Sachin was out LBW :)

Sharjah 1986, last ball from Chetan Sharma to Miandad. Rank high full toss on leg-stump blasted away for six to win Pakistan the match. Couldnt have turned out a better delivery... for Pakistan :)

squiz said:
One delivery that still remains in my memory is McGrath bowling to Sachin, Sachin thought it was a bouncer so he ducked. It turned out it didn't bounce that high and it hit him in the helmet. Sachin was out LBW :)

it was a best delivery..probably a worst decision :)

shahid6995 said:
Sharjah 1986, last ball from Chetan Sharma to Miandad. Rank high full toss on leg-stump blasted away for six to win Pakistan the match. Couldnt have turned out a better delivery... for Pakistan :)

I remember Saqlain bowling 2 such unplayable deliveries against India - one in dhaka when we chased 314 other at Lahore where we chased some 270+ :D

Shailesh said:
I remember Saqlain bowling 2 such unplayable deliveries against India - one in dhaka when we chased 314 other at Lahore where we chased some 270+ :D
Neither were last balls :).... Sharma's trumps all.

shahid6995 said:
Neither were last balls :).... Sharma's trumps all.

well at least Miandad was a good player..better than players who hit saqqi :p

anyway let's get back on topic now :)

squiz said:
Very funny! :crying Just like when Mcgrath went Psycho at Sarwan for no reason :D

sachin said:
Very funny! :crying Just like when Mcgrath went Psycho at Sarwan for no reason :D

mcgrath didnt go psycho at sarwan for no reason. he had a go at him because he said something about his wife who had cancer

MWaugh said:
mcgrath didnt go psycho at sarwan for no reason. he had a go at him because he said something about his wife who had cancer

Mind you Mcgrath first said something about Lara :)

squiz said:
Sachin was hit on the shoulder and not the helmet. I do not recollect the ball hitting the helmet but I am very sure that the ball made first contact with the shoulder. That LBW decision was an example of horrible umpiring. Sachin has got a lot of such horrible decisions.

Users who are viewing this thread