Last edited:

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
ATM it's Sehwag Gambhir in ODI's...Don't know about Tests though :noway

lancashire666

International Coach
i think its Hayden and Jaques fot test matches, however, just imagin this one, Hayden and Sehwag! that would be immense

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Naa cos theres both big hitters and wouldn't compliment one another in batting styles

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
Notice that in the pictures posted above there is always one big hitter and one guy who can nudge it around (except Australia).

I'd say that in Test match Cricket Hayden and Jaques would be the best opening combinaton, but in ODI Cricket it would be Jayasuriya & Sangakkara. If Jayasuriya gets off to a start, the team will be 0/100 in less than 15 overs. And Sangakkara can grind out tough centuries if he loses his opening partner early. I put Hayden and Sangakkara as my openers in my World Test XI.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Marsh/Watson are only really temporary. When Hayden gets back it'd be Hayden and Watson/Marsh which would be one lethal combo.

irottev

School Cricketer
Please replace Fulton with a picture of Ryder ;) They sadly haven't played much together yet, but would be the most devastating on their day. That's a cool picture of Fulton though. Mainly because he makes the stumps look so tiny. Hahaha

86677.jpg

Last edited:

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
At the moment, Sehwag and Gambhir. However, when Hayden returns, it won't matter who he's batting with because he can do it single handedly. He's a beast. He's big, intimidating, powerful, imposing and you know from ball one that he has the license to kill and more often than not, he will succeed.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Hayden and Jaques without a doubt in tests followed by Smith and McKenzie. In ODIs Sehwag and Gambhir.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
It's a shame the Windies moved away from the Chanderpaul and Gayle combo. That used to be so successful, worked a treat against us a year ago.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
It's a shame the Windies moved away from the Chanderpaul and Gayle combo. That used to be so successful, worked a treat against us a year ago.

Did we play the West Indies last year?

McCullum is one of the form players in the world right now. Great to watch in full flight. Looking foward to seeing him come to Australia at the end of the year.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
It was a tournament either the Champions trophy or the World Cup. They scored 50 runs in 5 overs with Bracken getting hammered before he got Gayle wicket and then we got them under control again.

Mad Snake

International Coach
Please replace Fulton with a picture of Ryder ;) They sadly haven't played much together yet, but would be the most devastating on their day. That's a cool picture of Fulton though. Mainly because he makes the stumps look so tiny. Hahaha
I reckon How is doing a great job opening at the moment but your right Ryder can be pretty Devastating on his day as long ass he stays away from the drink ;)

Users who are viewing this thread