Best opening pair in International Cricket now

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Karthik was good, Shame one bad series resulted to him being dropped...

khalek

Panel of Selectors
Ban:-
1)Tamim [great find for Bangla]/ Nazimuddin [disappointing so far]
2)S. Nafees/ J. Siddique [another good prospect]

Yeah Tamim has been a great find but i think nafees should be given more chances... he has lost his form but i believe he can come back strong...

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Bret Lee and Stuart Clark.

Gunner786

Panel of Selectors
salman butt and nasir jamshed are a great potential future pairing.
both could break every partnership record in the book if they stay together as long as they should.
stay together as in opening partners that is.

shubhrayu

International Coach
Nah Shaun and Shane Really Rule watch the 2011 world cup final when Shaun hits a ton wid shane and Australia take the 5 th one

formula1man

International Cricketer
come 2011 he will.
for me Sanath, Sangakkara.
Hayden/Watson could be dangerous
TESTS.
Smith/McKenzie
Hayden/Jacques
Hayden/Katich could be even more dangerous

Chimp132

International Cricketer
strauss and cook - 114 yesterday ;) --- i think theyre a good opening partnership, but more consistant would be the aussies i think the sri lankans have good openers for tests aswel, pretty consistant

best opening bowlers would be stuart clark and brett lee

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
From the day I know cricket, I can say that Sachin/Ganguly were the best opening pairs to me. They had a good chemistry between them.

surendar added 0 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

And for the bowlers, I would say without any hesitation --> W.Younis and Wasim Akram. :)

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I have to echo suren here-Sachin-Sourav were the best.
Many said Gambhir -Sehwag,yes they have scored runs and their chemistry is also good.But once Sachin comes back,it might be Sachin-Gautam or Sachin-Sehwag.

Also,the Gilchrist-Hayden pair was good.Pity,we wont be able to see them again unless IPL offers us the chance.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Definitely Sehwag and Gambhir, As earlier, Ganguly and sachin were pretty dominant in their innings! Still, Can't say about the test though, who knows'?, probably Sehwag, gambhir combination would do it..

BTW, I don't get you people..There is no such thing called "License" in cricket, A batsmen, a bowler, anyone who can show desperate ability in the game can be called as or said to be a very good cricketer, Not to be famed as "He has the License to kill, thrill!"

..And back on topic anyways, Sangakkara and jayasuriya may be the best ODI opening pair, but the consistency lacks a bit!.. I mean, When jayasuriya performs, Sangakkara fails even after getting a good start or something, so Can't say.. If Jayasuriya were to retire? (Rare, if he does so) Then, jayawardene may back down Sangakkara to 1 down or promote himself as an opener since they are currently the best Pair sri lanka can get atm, Considering it's still Un-Realistic and Un-Usual of this happenings, But let's not forget the Sensational batsmen of sri lanka, Michael Vandort, the guy's got good potential to be a successful and a real backup opener for sri-lanka, ..And, Probably pairs like Vandort And Sangakkara and/or Vandort and D. Jayawardene.. May well put some good show..

As far as me is concerned, India and australia look to be at the top atm.. With Their openers being the best part..:D..

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
..And back on topic anyways, Sangakkara and jayasuriya may be the best ODI opening pair

What? :eek: Sangakkara & Jayasuriya? How many times they have been together? For Sri Lanka, I would say, Sanath Jayasuriya and Romesh Kaluwitharana as the best opening pair. They played together for long long time. I have been seeing them from 96 World Cup. Their chemistry was also good.

Just because some pair have had a good opening partnership for last 1 series or 2 series or 5 series doesn't imply that they are the good opening pair. They need to play for years and years together.. If they achieve in it, obviously it will make them to look as better opening pair.

Really can't get the mindset of the cricket fan these days.. If a player is successful in one series --> " He is a legend! " have become a common comment. If the same player fails for another couple of series ---> " Stupid team selection.. Sack that player! " is another common comment. I can understand that there would be frustrations but at the same time, we do fail to look it as a sport.:)

Users who are viewing this thread