Best opening pair in International Cricket now

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Suren, the discussion topic is best opening pair in international cricket now. As far as I am aware Romesh Kaluwitharana hasn't played international cricket for a while now.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Suren, the discussion topic is best opening pair in international cricket now.

Hmmm, I mistook it as Best opening pair since International Cricket now :) Still, Sangakkara and Jayasuriya don't convince me either :p Because, I always prefer/like to watch the talented Sangakkara to play the wall role at no 3 or 4. He somewhats fail to reach the opener's explosive role in my opinion. Or I would call him a neat technician of cricket rather than a exploding player. ;)

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Sangakkara is in many ways a more classical opener. Explosive openers have only become the norm since around 1996 since Jaya/Kalu formed the formidable opening partnership.

sennamor

School Cricketer
Sehwag and Gambhir have been good for India in the ODI and T20 formats of the game but I would rate them in the test matches just as yet. For tests I think it has to be either Smith/McKenzie or Hayden/Jaques. Strauss and Cook of England also seem to be getting along well together.

shubhrayu

International Coach
See out of 8 Cricketing Nations the best is Australia

So it's obvious that Watson and Marsh would be the best because they belong to the best and they are consistent not Like Sehwag or anyone....But still for India I wanna see Sachin and Sehwag back on top...

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
We don't know if they're consistent yet as consistency can only be shown in an elongated period of time. In 3-4 series' we'll see if they are able to maintain the same levels on consistency you claim they possess.

Users who are viewing this thread