Best up-coming batsman ?

Well Hussey still has 5 years in him and I'm sure he will go the distance given he has waited so long for the baggy green. So that should be good enough to be classed as an up and coming batsmen.

You can't say Smith is on the way down if he is only 24 years of age and has had 1 bad series. A player on the way down is someone who is aging and have lost their touch like Ganguly or perhaps even Pollock and McGrath in recent times. I would say AB DeVilliers as the best up and coming batsman because of his age and have had success already. Jacques Rudolph is another one which has very good techinique and temprament. Ian Bell is another promising up and coming batsman.

I think Fulton's the only new bloke around. But we don't want another Sinclair story here. He's gone down completely. I've met him personally and chatted for 5 minutes. He is lacking a lot of confidence. Fulton on the other hand does seem to have a good technique but still prefers to hit the ball in the air which can be his downfall if runs have been dried up.
Btw Hussey is very much established.

Pathan! Good one!
I like Ashraful. The man who'll lead Bangla to World Cup Glory in 2011!

muhammad_inzi said:
I think best upcoming batsman is Kamran Akmal and Shoaib Malik.

Malik has played more ODIs than any England current player (bar Gough but he's finished anyway) so how can he be upcoming?

ian Bell looks like a good player, especially after the Ashes were he batted like a tailender for most of the series.

We can't forget Graeme Smith though, he is already an experienced player, with maybe 12 years left in him!

ZoraxDoom said:
Pathan! Good one!
I like Ashraful. The man who'll lead Bangla to World Cup Glory in 2011!

Was Ashraful the chap who scored the century against Australia in the one dayer last year?

Ye, he looks awesome. He'll be the one to make Bangladesh cricket a force if anyone does, and I hope he does :rolleyes:

AB DeVilliers is great. He is slightly inconsistent, but if he becomes consistent, he could be a very good opener especially as his partner at the top of the order (Smith) is young as well. DeVilliers and Smith-the new Hayden and Langer.

Users who are viewing this thread