Best up-coming batsman ?

I like Smith.
He's honest to the public, he never gives up and he can bat well. I think that he will surpass Lara in the future.

Nice to see Smithy has got some more fans!Anyways,Hussey is definetly a hot prospect,and this fella down here called J.P Duminy really is looking like the real deal at the moment,not long till he's wearing SA colours again.Also,AB De Villiers could develope into one of the best keeper-batsmen.

yup duminy is a prospect, smith will be the best ever batsman imo, 24 yrs 11 100s..

Hildreth

There's a young lad in one of the counties youth teams who's about 15 and is already hitting centuries like there's no tomorrow, can't think of his name.

Smith, brilliant temperament. Most 22 year olds new to international cricket would be intimidated by experienced players like Donald, Rhodes, Pollock etc, let alone be thrown into the captaincy and lead them! He's mentally tough and has improved them over the last 2 years and as a 24 year old still has alot to learn, so I think he's got to come close to topping the ranks of this thread.
Then Ian Bell, has been slightly mechanical in the past but has a very solid technique and has learnt alot from the Ashes experience. De Villiers is very good, disappointing for him to be left out of one-day sqauds lately. In terms of domestic players, Ferguson of South Aus. is promising, and Allistair Cook sounds good.

Last edited:
Wat bout Phil Jaques i know we havent seen much of him but he Dominated SA bowling attacxk on debut wen everyother batter was falling

langerrox said:
yup duminy is a prospect, smith will be the best ever batsman imo, 24 yrs 11 100s..

He hasn't got a chance unless he stops walking across his stumps against good bowlers. England and Australia have exposed him in recent time. I don't think he's scored a fifty on the current Australia tour!

Huss Dawg (Mr. Cricket) is the best. He has really performed well in his time in the international arena, although his age could be a problem, but I can see him playing for 4-5 years still.

stevie said:
He hasn't got a chance unless he stops walking across his stumps against good bowlers. England and Australia have exposed him in recent time. I don't think he's scored a fifty on the current Australia tour!

He has always done that. When he is in form he doesn't miss those balls when out of form he gets out lbw a lot.

I think that Cosgrove and Jaques is going to be the perfect test opening combination for Australia. Both have made big scores in the ING/Pura Cup and both can play international cricket.

Henriques of NSW is a really talented allrounder, and can bat well. He's played brilliantly in Grade the last few years and is starting to be introduced to the first-class team.

henriques still needs time to mature to the domestic stage. Maybe he will be a surprise inclusion when they tour Bangladesh like what the Indians did with Pathan who started international cricket at 19 i think which is amazing. Also he is the best up and comer player in the world imo.

IloveGilly said:
I like Smith.
He's honest to the public, he never gives up and he can bat well. I think that he will surpass Lara in the future.

That is one hell of a call to make.

Anyway, I know Henriques is young but very promising, though he wont make the Bangladesh tour. He's been brilliant for years now and will be interesting to see how he performs at State level.

Users who are viewing this thread