Best up-coming batsman ?

I think he is, and I agree. He scores a lot of runs and is a good captain, at the age of 24.

KP. Kevin Pietersen. Brilliant smashed the Aussies around at Lords and Oval.
COME ON!! Fantastic

When I said Smith was on his way down, I only meant a form slump. I mean you can't name him as up and comming when he isn't making runs and isn't making the best choices as captain.

I totally agree though that he has a lot left in him and will be around a long time. By then he should break records.

Kamran Akmal for me. his a quality batsman and has lots of years left in him

jazz said:
Kamran Akmal for me. his a quality batsman and has lots of years left in him

Akmal is a good wicket-keeper batsman but must prove his quality as he plays consistently well and also scores runs against big oppositions like Australia. At the moment he is on a roll though, getting a lot of centuries. Salman Butt in my opinion is a more promising prospect and if polished he could turn into a really good young opening batsman.

If Smith can rectify his current form slump than I feel he is one of the few young batsman who can break records by the time he is in his early 30's. ATM he hsa the best record for any young batsman. 3608 runs in 43 tests is very good. If he has played 43 tests in 3 years than by the age of 30 he would of played at least 120 tests and score about 9000+ runs.

Hussey looks in good toach at the moment, he might be Australias next finesher like Bevan. If I'm correct he is maintaining his ave over 100.

kodos said:
If Smith can rectify his current form slump than I feel he is one of the few young batsman who can break records by the time he is in his early 30's. ATM he hsa the best record for any young batsman. 3608 runs in 43 tests is very good. If he has played 43 tests in 3 years than by the age of 30 he would of played at least 120 tests and score about 9000+ runs.

That was exactly my point. Smith isn't a great player for the future, because he already is.

cc2003btw said:
^ The wicket keeper Ahmed as well, he looks good. Aftab i think.
Aftab Ahmed is Bangladesh's allrounder. Took a 5-for against New Zealand. Thier keeper is Khaled Mashud. Mushfiqur Rahim is capitaining the U-19 team and has played a test for Bangladesh. He is a wicket keeper.

Indiangod said:
Hussey looks in good toach at the moment, he might be Australias next finesher like Bevan. If I'm correct he is maintaining his ave over 100.

Is 30 upcoming though?

I reckon Kamran Akmal is definitely the goods. He has the talent, he knows he can bat; he was an opener in domestic cricket.

Here's a thought, though, if Bangladesh find a player with talent, why not send him off to play cricket in another country?

!!!!
Why would they send him off??!?!! Domestically its fine, but I am sure they would want to keep him.

muhammad_inzi said:
Are u serious.

Smith is still a great player just having a form slump. the injured finger at the end of the indian tour happend at a very bad time. He was in great form till then.

Users who are viewing this thread