Beta Patch Improvement Area Thread

The timing bar is smaller, problem is that if you play agressively, chances are that even if you time the shot anywhere inside the timing bar, it goes for a boundary.

If you miss the timing bar totally, you miss the ball :rtfl

It makes sense that the power of the ball must be "turned down" if it is not a perfect shot. - then again, problem is edges would not carry........

Catch 22 if you ask me?

That depends on how the edge system works. I suspect that edges are a special set of "shots", and do not conform to the shot powers of the genuine stroke. This is backed up by only lofted shots being problematic - ground strokes still aren't very powerful if you mistime (I think, been a while since I've played it now) but the edges still fly. I think there are probably a set of powers/directions for edges, but I'm not entirely sure.

That depends on how the edge system works. I suspect that edges are a special set of "shots", and do not conform to the shot powers of the genuine stroke. This is backed up by only lofted shots being problematic - ground strokes still aren't very powerful if you mistime (I think, been a while since I've played it now) but the edges still fly. I think there are probably a set of powers/directions for edges, but I'm not entirely sure.

Agreed, ground strokes seem fine, it is only the lofted shots that seem a bit too powerfull!

That depends on how the edge system works. I suspect that edges are a special set of "shots", and do not conform to the shot powers of the genuine stroke.

The edges are related to timing not shots, too early and you inside edge, too late equals outside edge. For crossbat shots early equals bottom edge and late equals a top edge. As the timing system stands, to me the layman, it would appear reasonably easy to tweak, i could be wrong though

The edges are related to timing not shots, too early and you inside edge, too late equals outside edge. For crossbat shots early equals bottom edge and late equals a top edge. As the timing system stands, to me the layman, it would appear reasonably easy to tweak, i could be wrong though

I know how the edges work. I was pointing out that I don't think the edge power is necessarily related to the 'actual' shot power (i.e. perfect, good, poor timing).

I suspect it's a combination of timing, confidence, ability, shot selection, stamina, and maybe the ball quality, although I don't think that the latter would make for a realistic simulation.

Licence for other teams

you guys can request transmission to try and get licences for the other teams so as to make their kits and faces realistic...

I went to Tesco but they'd run out of BCCI licenses. Short answer: not a chance.

Even if codemasters approach BCCI, the chances are very low. BCCI will definitely ask for a heavy price for license so no chance there but maybe they could have tried with NZ; SA; SL; etc. But given the fact that Codemasters are based in UK (correct me if I am wrong) it is easy for them to neglect Asia on the whole and concentrate on Eng and Aus

@ everyone with the freezing issue. The best chance Transmission have of fixing it is if you can describe in as much detail as possible what was happening or just happened when it froze. Had the ball just been hit to a fielder? Is it being caused by a faulty animation? The more detail you give the more chance they have or fixing it.

There is still one fairly big bug in the game: the backfoot/frontfoot bug. The ball was bowled very full and I tried to front foot leg glance it, but the game got out a big wafty backfoot pull shot and of course, I was out.

That's the one last remaining truly annoying bug in the game for me, otherwise, some truly epic cricket is now possible. Sure, the AI are now a bit cautious when running/not running, but it's not a game breaker and I'm sure with a bit more tweaking, the balance can be found between good, aggressive running and AI Suicide-O-Runs. :)

I really love this game now!

Last edited:
There is still one fairly big bug in the game: the backfoot/frontfoot bug. The ball was bowled very full and I tried to front foot leg glance it, but the game got out a big wafty pull shot and of course, I was out.

That's the onelast remaining truly annoying bug in the game for me, otherwise, some truly epic cricket is now possible.

I think that only happens if you would have missed it anyway, if you know what I mean. So if your timing is sound it'll play the right shot, but if you were late/early enough so as to miss, it'll play a silly animation. I think.

The bounce will depend on the ground you are playing and the bowler you are using. Try the same length on Brisbane ground with a fast bowler, you will find that it bounces a lot more. Brett Lee and Johnson seem to get more bounce than any other bolwers in my opinion.

That's the problem really. Pitches can be that bouncy in England as well and it'd be nice to see that represented. It seems that the pitch is always the same for any given ground and some variety would be good, but I don't think it's the sort of thing that can be implemented in a patch. It doesn't ruin the game by any stretch though. :)

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

I think that only happens if you would have missed it anyway, if you know what I mean. So if your timing is sound it'll play the right shot, but if you were late/early enough so as to miss, it'll play a silly animation. I think.

Hmm...

Maybe to be safe, I should just play straight to those balls. It still seems like a bug to me at least. :)

Users who are viewing this thread