Big Ant Table Top Cricket first trailer

vet_m

Club Cricketer
with the advancement of technology in game development...this is not a game for extreme end cricket game lovers

ricky87

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
This game is a simulation of the old Test match Cricket board game in case you did not know... Big Ant are developing 2 Cricket games and this is the arcade version meant for casual play.
And what exactly are you expecting when you say this is not a game for true Cricket lovers? Talking about the technology, I have not seen a Cricket game which has such realistic physics, just look at those movements of the batsman, bowler, the umpire, it is so impressive.

alfa_beta

Club Cricketer
This game is a polished version of Stick Cricket and I would wait for the real cricket game to come out, and in fact will pre-order the same just like I have nearly all the cricket games starting from BLIC 2005. But I doubt this game will attract too many cricket fans - the casual ones already have stick cricket and the hard-core ones or even semi hard-core ones will want to play the actual cricket game which hopefully comes out early next year :)

ricky87

Club Captain
What do you exactly mean by "actual" Cricket game? We have been using the term "casual", for me the only things casual about the game would be unreal run rates and lack of depth in bowling, batting and the fielding not being like in real life Cricket, assuming this to be true. Other than these, this game is no less of a Cricket game for me than the real world simulation.Those of us who have played Test match Cricket board game are definitely going to appreciate this game :)

ricky87

Club Captain
Hi Ross
Just a little worried about the game being put on the back burner for some reason since there has been no news for a while, not trying to get any information out, only wish to be reassured that you are very busy making the game :)

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi Ross
Just a little worried about the game being put on the back burner for some reason since there has been no news for a while, not trying to get any information out, only wish to be reassured that you are very busy making the game :)

We are tail up, head down making the game!

ricky87

Club Captain
Love the formation of a depression like line going across the center of the ground, truly gives it a feel of a folded cloth just like Test Match Cricket game :)

cricketrulz

Banned
Fantastic!!!! Marvelous!!
This will be one of the best arcade cricket game ever.
I have 2 questions....
1) Don't u guys think the ground is a little to short? I think it should be a little bigger.
2) The fielders didn't try to stop the ball. I think this will be fixed though.

Apart from these 2 this is a brilliant game.

St0ney

Club Captain
So what happened to this game, is it still being made or is it scrapped.

ricky87

Club Captain
So what happened to this game, is it still being made or is it scrapped.

Still being made, it has been held back to give priority to the full game but that can only mean good things for TTC too, here is what Ross said recently:

TableTop Cricket is set for release after the full cricket game - TableTop is gaining great benefit from coming in second, some features have been transferable.

I can let you know that TableTop Cricket allows for edited players and players of different heights - you can create "Little Masters" of 5'5" that will appear to be different in height to a created "Freddie" of 6'4" :p

Ross - Are you open to suggestions for TTC as well like you are for the full game or not for this version?
Thanks.

Last edited:

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Always open for suggestions but probably for Version 2 as this one is pretty much finished (as you can tell from the video).

ricky87

Club Captain
Always open for suggestions but probably for Version 2 as this one is pretty much finished (as you can tell from the video).

Ok. Very happy to hear about version 2, hopefully it won't be toooo far away! :)

Users who are viewing this thread