Votes: 6 3.8%
  • Justin Kemp

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Other

Votes: 25 15.9%

• Total voters
sinkwood said:
But Afradi Is Record Holder
Just because Afridi holds the record for fastest ODI century (note that faster hundreds have been hit in domestic one day cricket), does not mean that he is the biggest hitter. It means he is a quick scorer.

Last edited:
Afradi is pathan and mad hitter
Andrew Flintoff i don't know who is he

pathan is .... i know what it is but cant discribe ... pathan guys help ( i think it's a cast ) ???

kamrandahir : if u tell a word other people dont know plzz do tell the meaning

I'm baffled by the 'Afradi is Pathan and mad hitter' bit! What on earth does that mean? It's the second time you've mentioned this mad hitter thing kamran, whats it all about?!
Are you serious that you don't know who Andrew Flintoff is?

i know who is Andrew Flintoff i extremely sorry for my review

kamrandahir said:
i know who is Andrew Flintoff i extremely sorry for my review
So what does the "Afradi is Pathan and mad hitter" bit mean then?

I assume you're saying that Afridi is a Pathan, but what is a Pathan?

Alistair Brown surely, two double hundreds in OD cricket including one in a reduced overs match. 268 is his top score.

Well if someone where to correct me it would be you.

So i take it that was the old Sunday League?

Never thought it was 40 Overs per side.

andrew_nixon said:
So what does the "Afradi is Pathan and mad hitter" bit mean then?

I assume you're saying that Afridi is a Pathan, but what is a Pathan?
Pathan, Pathans

(pet?nz?) , group of seminomadic peoples consisting of more than 60 tribes, numbering approximately 10 million in Pakistan and 6 million in Afghanistan, where they form the dominate ethnic group (historically known as Afghans and now typically as Pashtuns). Pathans are Muslims and speak Pashto (or Pushtu). They are also known as Pashtuns, Pushtuns, Pakhtuns, and Pakhtoons. The Pathans are noted as fierce fighters, and throughout history they have offered strong resistance to invaders. The British attempted to subdue the Pathans in a series of punitive expeditions in the late 19th and early 20th cent. but were finally forced to offer them a semiautonomous area (see North-West Frontier Province ) between the border of British India and that of Afghanistan.

Source: http://www.encyclopedia.com/html/P/Pathan.asp

There are several Pathan cricketers today and many have played cricket in the past (Imran Khan). Anyone with the last name Khan is in fact a Pathan, but not necessarily from the North West Frontier Province. Here is a list of Pathans in international cricket that I know of:

• Younis Khan
  • Moin Khan
  • Shahid Afridi
  • Irfan Pathan
  • Arshad Khan
  • Umer Gul

Last edited:
nightprowler10 said:
Pathan, Pathans

(pet?nz?) , group of seminomadic peoples consisting of more than 60 tribes, numbering approximately 10 million in Pakistan and 6 million in Afghanistan, where they form the dominate ethnic group (historically known as Afghans and now typically as Pashtuns). Pathans are Muslims and speak Pashto (or Pushtu). They are also known as Pashtuns, Pushtuns, Pakhtuns, and Pakhtoons. The Pathans are noted as fierce fighters, and throughout history they have offered strong resistance to invaders. The British attempted to subdue the Pathans in a series of punitive expeditions in the late 19th and early 20th cent. but were finally forced to offer them a semiautonomous area (see North-West Frontier Province ) between the border of British India and that of Afghanistan.

Source: http://www.encyclopedia.com/html/P/Pathan.asp

There are several Pathan cricketers today and many have played cricket in the past (Imran Khan). Anyone with the last name Khan is in fact a Pathan, but not necessarily from the North West Frontier Province. Here is a list of Pathans in international cricket that I know of:

• Younis Khan
  • Moin Khan
  • Shahid Afridi
  • Irfan Pathan
  • Arshad Khan
  • Umer Gul

Thanks for the info!

Users who are viewing this thread