BLIC '07 Bug?

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
In BLIC '05 I was frustrated at how you cant just leave a ball outside off-stump....I used to do it on '05 but it would increase the bowlers confidence....So there was no reason to do it...Is this the same with BLIC '07?

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
When we visited Codemasters and were shown the game, we asked about this. When it was mentioned that leaving the ball shouldn't increase bowler confidence, decrease batsman confidence, or cause the commentators to claim how they were "beaten all-ends up", the designer guy sort of went "Oh yeah, that's a good idea" and wrote it down.

So it should be as we suggested - fingers crossed.

We were told that the AI will not leave the ball though. Not that that really matters when there is online play. :D

Chimp132

International Cricketer
will there be a button to leave the ball, because on blic 05, the leave was timed all rong, the ball had got past you, then you left it

manee

Chairman of Selectors
I don't think there will be a leave button, but I may be proved wrong...

Gunner04

Club Cricketer
lazy_chesnut said:
When we visited Codemasters and were shown the game, we asked about this. When it was mentioned that leaving the ball shouldn't increase bowler confidence, decrease batsman confidence, or cause the commentators to claim how they were "beaten all-ends up", the designer guy sort of went "Oh yeah, that's a good idea" and wrote it down.

So it should be as we suggested - fingers crossed.

We were told that the AI will not leave the ball though. Not that that really matters when there is online play. :D

I've wondered about this as well. Did this developer know anything about cricket at all?

I mean leaving the ball is a big part of test cricket, forget about online play for a second. 8 years ago BLC allowed you too leave the ball and the CPU was quite adept at leaving them as well. I just hope CM are not taking 2 steps backwards as EA have done with Cricket07.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
You must understand that BLIC serires is completely different from the original BLC series. The CPU not leaving the ball is probably due to public demand of people wanting the CPU to bat more aggressively.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
May I ask another question:

Does the new game seem more refined in all ways? BLIC was very loose and flimsy (too much swing, poor graphics, silly animations, flimsy shots...etc) whilst EA has always looked more solid and professional

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
manee said:
May I ask another question:

Does the new game seem more refined in all ways? BLIC was very loose and flimsy (too much swing, poor graphics, silly animations, flimsy shots...etc) whilst EA has always looked more solid and professional

I disagree about Lara 2005's graphics. In my opinion, they were much better than Cricket 2005's dull, unrealistic ones. They were generally more colourful and "welcoming".

manee

Chairman of Selectors
I guess you are right, the current ones only need a touch of shading to be better. But that was not the point I was making; you must agree about my earlier point.

An example of it is the fact that bowling someone in Cricket 07 compared to BLIC. AND when you get an LBW on Cricket 07 due to the batsman playing the wrong line. In BLIC it is stupidly unrealistic how batsman get bowled and LBW.

mehkar

International Coach
yes manee Im agree wth youy this time Codemasters needs to solve that kinda blenders

manee

Chairman of Selectors
I'm pretty sure that is the main thing Codemasters need to fix (as well as the config files for edges, shot difficulty, etc...) in BLIC 07.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
skateboarder said:
I disagree about Lara 2005's graphics. In my opinion, they were much better than Cricket 2005's dull, unrealistic ones. They were generally more colourful and "welcoming".

Yeah the lighting and just the way the grounds and pitches are set up makes the game look way better then Cricket 05

bairdos90

Club Cricketer
lara 2005s graphics were great the players were a little blocky but all in all i loved them the thing about 2007 thats really exciting me is the pitches they look so realistic, cracked and marked etc... lovely job

my only hope is that the cpu is sooo much harder to bowl out even on "county" level. i could bowl out pak for 50 (mind u they would skittle me for 30;)) and the TEST would be over by the end of the 1st day!:( slow it down

mehkar

International Coach
yeah nice idea mate................really needed these things to be done this time

Users who are viewing this thread