BLIC 07 Preview

rubbergenius said:
Thanks for the compliments in the original post - I try! I may not always be around as community liaison is my second role, behind that of Web Editor for Codemasters, but I enjoy talking with the cricket communities and of course, I enjoy cricket (which is half the battle when promoting a game).

I'm not going to go into the whole post and disect it piece by piece (don't have time unfortunately) but in response to the question ("BLIC 07, the next Pro Evo? Or the next sub par cricket game?") I'd hope that BLIC07 is certainly a solid game if nothing else.

Remember Pro Evo has been going in one form or another for over a dozen years with many iterations. We went back to BLIC in 2005 and that's it (I doubt much if any code survived between 99 and 05). So we're building up the franchise from scratch but it's very hard, if not impossible, to come out with a genre-defining game in the first two attempts.

We know what went wrong last time (and of course, what went right - it wasn't a bad game at all - I've had so much feedback on that game and that shows the vast majority found the game good, fun and accessible) and we've been working hard to amend these issues while putting extra gloss and gameplay in, so it's better all-round.

We won't get it all right this time (unless we're completely on the ball) but we'll certainly get it to a great, solid, fun, accessible game that the vast majority will love to play.

Pro Evo shouldn't be the benchmark in my opinion - 8/10s in the press and by the fans should be the benchmark. The last game got an average of around 7/10 - this one should get better and show solid improvement. If we do that, it'll be fine by me.

:)

Good feedback RG. Shame the same can't be said for EA (maybe not from your viewpoint :D).

For me, realism is a big part of which game I prefer. I have played both BLIC 05 and Cricket 05 (as well as currently playing Cricket 07).

Despite there being some major bugs.flaws in EA's games, I still prefer them due to the realism it gives me as a gamer. I know in an EA Cricket game I won't see medium pacers bowling at 90mph+, nor will Shoaib Akhtar be bowling at 102.4mph every other ball.

leftarmlegspin said:
For me, realism is a big part of which game I prefer. I have played both BLIC 05 and Cricket 05 (as well as currently playing Cricket 07).

Despite there being some major bugs.flaws in EA's games, I still prefer them due to the realism it gives me as a gamer. I know in an EA Cricket game I won't see medium pacers bowling at 90mph+, nor will Shoaib Akhtar be bowling at 102.4mph every other ball.

I'm sure the chaps at Codies have had a look at the most recent EA game and seen that it's best not to come up with a realistic speedometer and instead just lie about the delivery speeds because then noone complains :p

Users who are viewing this thread