BLIC Demo Opinions and Reviews

Who all think BLIC is going to be CRAP?

• Total voters
Hayden hits a four.

I think this shot shows how good the animations are compared to Cricket 2005. It really does look like power is being put into the shot.

Attachments

• Cricket2005.jpg
    Cricket2005.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 181
That's a superb screen. I think I need a new computer and a wad of cash to purchase two new cricket games.

Well after playing the 2 demo's I am more confused then ever b4, BLIC has better animations but it is VERY cartoony and when u hit the ball it's just so erm tinny, Can't say much for EA demo as it is so short but I feel as if you have to time the ball far far better which makes it more realistic, BLIC is way too easy to get shots off, very early days yet but hell I'll prob buy EA on friday and if I am not liking it by 21st July I will go for the cartoony BLIC.
Site was down so next paragraph is an hour or so later
/edit just pld the commentry version of BLIC and it the commentry by Agnew and Gower is decent enough. About the gameplay some people say how slow EA 2005 is but I think BLIC is the opposite and it seems so fast when u hit the ball, it literally flies everytime. I also found BLIC way too easy :( and I only had 2 plays, EA 2005 I am shyte at lol, but I also get a nagging feeling EA 2005 is going to have lotas of faults/bugs and their is a simplistic addiction to BLIC< I did perfer the graphics of EA 2005 but the animation of BLIC.

Last edited:
played the demo for a while..didn't like it at all.

1. The camera is too far away, you can't really see where the ball is and what shot to play.

2. No choice of backfoot or frontfoot shots.

3. Bowlers charge in a 100 mph and deliver a ball which "floats" its way down the wicket. Thenyou can't see whrere the ball is going to bounce.

4. Too easy to hit sixes. (especially since i couldn't really see the ball and was swinging blind). I never used anything except the "lofted shots" and everytiem i made contact the ball went out of the ground.

5. Wierd camera angles mean that when u hit the ball you can't really tell where you have hit it or how many runs u can get.

6. Tooooo much swing. Several balls i faced were swinging about 4-5 foot!

7. Wides! CPu bowled several balls which almost missed the cut part of the pitch, yet no wide was called?

8. Although the graphics are good , it felt like i was playing an arcade game and didn't feel like iwas playing cricket.

9. Bll physics feel totally wierd and wrong.
Probly the most disappointing thing is the "non shot selection", I noticed several occaisions where the AI "chooses" totally the wrong shot. Like when a ball is 2-3ft wide of off stump, they try to backfoot straight drive. Then a full pitched wide ball was attempted to be upper-cut.

I won't be buying this one, I will go for cricket 2005, as has a more realistic feel to it.

Eddie said:
played the demo for a while..didn't like it at all.

1. The camera is too far away, you can't really see where the ball is and what shot to play.

2. No choice of backfoot or frontfoot shots.

I haven't found any problems with the camera to be honest, what's your PC like?

As for the back/front foot thing, I think it's a lot better without them. You have more to look out for as the ball can move at the last second if there's a good bit of swing there which more than makes up for any percived lack of "challenge"

3. Bowlers charge in a 100 mph and deliver a ball which "floats" its way down the wicket. Thenyou can't see whrere the ball is going to bounce.

The pace on the ball seems faster than in Cricket 2005 to me?

4. Too easy to hit sixes. (especially since i couldn't really see the ball and was swinging blind). I never used anything except the "lofted shots" and everytiem i made contact the ball went out of the ground.

I agree that hitting sixes is a little easy but it's harder than in the Cricket 2005 demo where you can hit a six off nearly every ball that isn't a yorker. You can also actually hit the ball through gaps in the field along the ground, something that didn't seem possible in Cricket 2005.

5. Wierd camera angles mean that when u hit the ball you can't really tell where you have hit it or how many runs u can get.

6. Tooooo much swing. Several balls i faced were swinging about 4-5 foot!
I find the camera angles perfectly reasonable although I do agree that the amount of swing can be over the top

7. Wides! CPu bowled several balls which almost missed the cut part of the pitch, yet no wide was called?

The wides for height are excellent but I agree that the ones for width are useless.

8. Although the graphics are good , it felt like i was playing an arcade game and didn't feel like iwas playing cricket.

I felt the overall atmosphere felt more envolving than on Cricket 2005 but each to their own I guess.

9. Bll physics feel totally wierd and wrong.
Probly the most disappointing thing is the "non shot selection", I noticed several occaisions where the AI "chooses" totally the wrong shot. Like when a ball is 2-3ft wide of off stump, they try to backfoot straight drive. Then a full pitched wide ball was attempted to be upper-cut.

This does happen sometimes, but it's nowhere near as bad as it was in Cricket 2004.

I won't be buying this one, I will go for cricket 2005, as has a more realistic feel to it.

You've lost me now ;)

BLIC Demo - Disappointing!

Here's my review on the BLIC 2005 Demo. To describe it in one word would be -DISAPPOINTING!

Positives:

1. The animations look superb! Great flow of animations. I really love them.
2. The graphics look pleasing & attractive to the eye though not a bit realistic to the actual real life cricket!
3. Lots of features in store (which could be seen through the menus!).

Negatives:
1. Way too easy human batting! Way too difficult bowling for human!
2. Couldnt pick a single wicket! Couldnt master the fielding controls.
3. Confusing controls! Couldnt master them easily. Batting was way too easy to master as I used the lofted shot, attacking shot buttons only with the direction arrows. I dont know if fielding was manual in the demo because I didnt do anything and the fielders themselves picked the ball up and threw it to the keeper/bowler.
4. Terrible camera angles! A pain to the eyes! All too swift shifting in camera angles that it becomes a pain to the eyes!

Both games look below average to me now! Probably, BLIC might win the race! But if this is how batting is going to be in the full version, YUCK!!!!!! Bowling is definitely challenging! Got to see how fielding works (whether it happens automatically or do we have to do anything with it!).

I have played two games so far.

Game - I : 25/1 (Me - Australia) vs 26/0 (West Indies)
First 4 overs, didnt score a single run due to the confusing controls! Was getting a hang of the controls! But once I found it, hit 20 runs off the last over.

Bowling - Again, was trying to master the controls! Was getting thrashed easily by the CPU! Lost it in 4 overs itself! But at least got some hang of the controls.

Game II : 52/2 (Me - England) vs 53/0 (West Indies)
Since got a hang of the batting, scored a 6 and a 4 off the first two balls with Solanki! Batting damn easy! Off the last over of the innings, Flintoff stuck 3 sixes off the first three balls, a dot ball off the fourth (missed it!), caught at the straight boundary and the Collingwood stuck another six off the last ball!

Here is a screenshot of this game
blicscreenshot0nm.jpg

And damn, West Indies again won! Wickets are damn tough to come by! Confusion over fielding worsened matters!

NOW I AM SERIOUSLY WAITING TO SEE WHAT THE FIRST DAY RELEASE PATCH MIGHT BE! IT SHOULD BE A PATCH FOR THE CAMERA WHICH IS IRRITATING TO THE EYE!!!!

Eddie has alot of valid points.
I left out the Arcade "feel" of BLIC.
Cricket is one sport that should never be arcade.

Here is a screen of Marcus Trescothick being bowled. I think the wicketkeeper has just seen a hot girl in the crowd...
brianlarainternationalcrickets.jpg

Video to follow shortly. I've been exploring some of the Data files and stuff and found that http://filext.com/ could help us enter the .bag files. Using some of the editors found in previous Codemasters games might help too.

Bowling seems quite complicated to me, so far havent managed to get a single wicket and it seems that almost every ball i bowl ends up being hit fine down leg side even though its being bowled well on the off. I changed the controls to try and make it smiliar to those in EA's but still quite complicated to get the hang off as there are so many others you have to use.

Will take some time to master this one, but overall from the demo's i would say the two are quite even at the moment, both have there good points but both also have there negative points, BLIC i feel moves too quick along, one minute ur facing a ball and hitting it then a few seconds later the next ball is coming, whilst in C2K5 u get more time to prepare. However, the commentary is BLIC is much better, as is the smoothness of bat to ball and hand to ball, and with C2K5 it is a huge step up from its predecessors and i feel that overall it will turn out to be the better game of the two, which has suprised me, but I prefer playing test matches so I shall have to see how the two match up in that area before making a final judgement.

So far though IMO its C2K5 1 - 0 BLIC

Last edited:
I've played one match so far, as England against the West Indies. I got 36-3 from my six overs but I lost in the end as the West Indies got 37-2.

I find batting, bowling and fielding all quite easy. I discovered the secret to taking wickets a few days ago and it works 99.99% of the time. Won't spoil the game by telling you. Keep playing to find out yourself!

SkateBoarder2 said:
I've played one match so far, as England against the West Indies. I got 36-3 from my six overs but I lost in the end as the West Indies got 37-2.

I find batting, bowling and fielding all quite easy. I discovered the secret to taking wickets a few days ago and it works 99.99% of the time. Won't spoil the game by telling you. Keep playing to find out yourself!

Sounds impressive! You lost even after you find all these controls easy?? I am not getting the hang of the bowling at all. And can you tell me if the fielding in the demo is manual? I am playing the PC version!

Here is another cool screenshot! The graphics are brilliant!
blic12it.jpg

this game is really hard getting used to.. i was so used to it on PS2.. it runs so choppy on mine, i toned the settings down and stil..

ive got an Geforce MX440 Card with 376RAM and 1.20GHZ it should run fine on mine?? .... bowling is fuk!n hard.. batting is okay..

saisrini80 said:
Sounds impressive! You lost even after you find all these controls easy?? I am not getting the hang of the bowling at all. And can you tell me if the fielding in the demo is manual? I am playing the PC version!

Here is another cool screenshot! The graphics are brilliant!
blic12it.jpg

Wow your graphics ae awesome man. Mine graphics is crappy as hell.

Users who are viewing this thread