Border-Gavaskar Trophy (India in Australia) Dec-Jan 2011/12

Now India will miss Aswhin greatly. Last four will go down in no time :facepalm

Lock McDermott up for life what a bowling coach. On ya Hilfy, so sexy seeing him get that prodigious swing back.

Come on Kohli! No better time to prove your worth. I'm one of the few who genuinely believes in this guy.

nothing shot by Laxman. what the hell was that?

73-4 at lunch. Seeing those few shots from Kohli in that last over, Sachin and Gambhir must kick themselves in their balls for getting out at the worst possible time on this pitch!!!:mad:mad:facepalm

It's quite clear Clarke is more comfortable rotating 4 quicks than 3 and the overrate was just fine in the first session so that excuse for not picking 4 quicks is out the window.

Whats being cocky about it? India have done extremely well back home in India, and I am cocky about it. If England or Australia can be cocky about playing in their own backyard and beating visiting teams, why not me? Its become a fashion to discredit India's performance in the subcontinent just because the pitches are good for batting. If they are so good for batting, why can't other teams bat as well as India? Why do other teams always lose to India in India? Then they blame the conditions. Well we can also blame the conditions for our losses in England and now Australia.

And I was replying to someone who said India is a minnow nation. And I dont take all this BS about not reacting to trolls. I will reply if I want to reply.

Any other team that has consistantly challanged India at home has to be Pakistan.Pakistan won in 1986/87.Then they levelled series in 1999 and 2005.But were good enough to save the last 2 test on 2007 tour after loosing the first test (Delhi).
The reason why Pak has been able to play well in india series wise:

1) i did not see the 1986 series so cannot comment.Probably cz of Imran's
leadership
2) In 1999, it was all about Saqlain's doosra, Akram's leadership,
and Shoaib's performance in Kolkatta test
3) In 2005, Indian bowling was milked by younis, yousaf and
and Inzi which helped the bowlers to atleast level the series.
4) Indian bowling was also milked in 2007 tour but pak did not
had to bowling resources to get 20 wkts and they lost the
series.

The most worked out and sorted out series in India has to be the 2004 australian tour where all the indian batting flaws were well targeted by the bowlers.Most of the dismissals were made inside the 15 yard circle.Which means either caugh in slips, lbw, bowled or caught in the circle which tells about how well they were planned.

I would say Kohil is worth sticking with at least till the end of this series and maybe another one. He is starting to find his feet at this level.

India will bowl well on this pitch. I think they'll have a bowl on it today and Sharma will get some serious bounce with his height.

Why is india loosing abroad

Whats being cocky about it? India have done extremely well back home in India, and I am cocky about it. If England or Australia can be cocky about playing in their own backyard and beating visiting teams, why not me? Its become a fashion to discredit India's performance in the subcontinent just because the pitches are good for batting. If they are so good for batting, why can't other teams bat as well as India? Why do other teams always lose to India in India? Then they blame the conditions. Well we can also blame the conditions for our losses in England and now Australia.

And I was replying to someone who said India is a minnow nation. And I dont take all this BS about not reacting to trolls. I will reply if I want to reply.[/QU

In by opinion,India is loosing abroad due to these reasons:

1) The real and unnoticed villian in the whole scenario is the indian press/electronic media.They have played an integral part in the poor performance of India abroad.Every indian news channel has projected the players as unbeatables which has raised the viewers expectations and ultimately presurising the team to do no less then the best.

2) Due to this studidity of the media, other countries (eng, aus, s africa) are feeling the heat and they have started feeling that what the hell indian players thinks they are?.Which helps teams to prepare very well against India as if they want to prove a point.Therfore, the indian players are paying the price of their own media's wrongdoings.

Who is de Winter?
Allister de Winter is Tasmania's bowling coach. After looking quite defeated in the Ashes, Hilfy was becoming more consistent in his pace and shape by the end of the season; before McDermott had taken the reigns and in fact when de Winter himself was a good chance for the position. A lot of it was due to long term niggles, dragging his arm down too low and so forth. But this really only brought him back to where he was when he begun.

The big difference is where Tasmania worked to make him less predictable; he tends to get in close to the stumps, but outswing from wide on the crease, angling in and forcing the batsman to play but drawing his defence open, can be among the hardest bowling to play. It makes batsmen more vulnerable to offcutters and straight balls bowled from close to the stumps, while the combination of angles makes it harder for the batsman to pick or simply rely on strategy. It was surprisingly a T20 performance that really heralded his return; a hustling BBL spell in which the batsmen only managed to score off him in five instances.

There's no doubt McDermott has done his job thus far and while the same might not be said of Cooley, any top level coach might be awarded credit for things others have done. The bottom line is that if Hilfenhaus hadn't worked on his game, he probably wouldn't have been back in the national crosshairs in such timely fashion.

Kohli after surviving so well gives it all up.... A big innings here could have made him a hero. Well no hopes in MSD!!!

Users who are viewing this thread