Charl Langeveldt 1/30 (4)
Jake Needham 1/31 (4)

Derbyshire won by 7 runs

Derbyshire 2
Worcestershire 0

MOTM:

Vikram Solanki (70* off 47)

Comments:

Good performance, unlucky not to win. We didn't get off to a good start in the bowling innings but managed to keep them to 163. The batting performance from Smith and Solanki was good but we needed 27 runs to win off the last 2 over's and we only scored 5 off the 19th and although we scored 14 runs in the first 5 balls, we needed a six to draw and unfortunately, Manuel got out for 17.

A decent effort by you guys there, but not quite enough to get over the line.

I'll probably only post one match today, as I got a Chemistry test tomorrow.

Worcestershire vs Yorkshire
Twenty Over Cup - group match
22nd June 2010

Teams:

Worcestershire

1. Phil Jaques
2. Vikram Solanki*?
3. Alex Kervezee
4. James Cameron
5. Ben Smith
6. Shaaiq Choudhry
7. Moeen Ali
8. Sanath Jayasuriya
9. Imran Arif
10. Matthew Mason
11. Alan Richardson

Yorkshire

1. Jacques Rudolph
2. Herschelle Gibbs
3. Andrew Gale*
4. Jonathan Bairstow?
5. Anthony McGrath
6. Joe Sayers
7. David Wainwright
8. Ajmal Shahzad
9. Adil Rashid
10. Tim Bresnan
11. Ryan Harris

Toss:

Yorkshire won the toss, and chose to bowl first.

Match:

Worcestershire - 153 for 7 (20 overs)

Phil Jaques 36 (32)
Shaaiq Choudhry 33* (21)
Vikram Solanki 28 (22)

Adil Rashid 2-25 (4)
Tim Bresnan 2-33 (4)

Yorkshire - 158 for 5 (19 overs)

Herschelle Gibbs 51 (30)
Jacques Rudolph 41 (33)
Jonathan Bairstow 24 (20)

Matthew Mason 2-34 (4)

Result:

Yorkshire win by 5 wickets, with 6 balls remaining

Yorkshire 2
Worcestershire 0

MOTM:

Herschelle Gibbs (51 runs off 30 balls)

Reaction:

Another bad loss, and another match where their openers got away on our bowlers. We got a par total yet again after being sent in, but some of our bowlers took a hiding again.

James Cameron's bowling continues to impressive, and he's now averaging 22 with the ball in T20's, at an economy rate of 7.4.

We're now three wins behind second to last place, after only half the competition.

22nd June 2010
Twenty Over Cup - Group Match

Playing XI’s

Worcestershire

1. Vikram Solanki *†
2. Steven Smith
3. Sanath Jayasuriya
4. Alex Kervezee
5. Imran Arif
6. Moeen Ali
7. Jack Manuel
8. Matthew Pardoe
9. David Wheeldon
10. Matthew Mason
11. Chris Russell

Yorkshire

1. Jacques Rudolph
2. Andrew Gale
3. Jonathan Bairstow
4. Anthony McGrath
5. David Wainwright
6. Ajmal Shahzad
7. Adil Rashid
8. Adam Lyth
9. Richard Pyrah
10. Ryan Harris
11. James Lee

I'm playing the same lineup - there's no point changing a winning one :D

I lost the toss and was put into bat. Ryan Harris, the destroyer in our last match was opening the bowling, but it was not to him that our first wicket went. Steven Smith, who had been playing well recently was clean bowled by Shahzad in his first over. Harris did eventually take a wicket, that of Jayasuriya, but he was nowhere near as destructive as last time. Cautious not to lose wickets too quickly, most of the innings was played at a run a ball, led by Kervezee. He was out however to the youngster Lee. Arif and Ali liked Lee's bowling however, and took to him and Rashid in particular. Ali regained some of his lost form with a 16 ball 25 before being stumped off Rashid. Manuel was out lbw to Harris as he returned for a second spell. The batsmen were just trying to hit the ball as hard as possible, with only two overs left in the innings. We eventually ended with 141/6, Arif ending unbeaten on 33(32), the top score.

Rudolph appeared to continue where he left off in our last match against Yorkshire, immediately in the runs. Gale was clean bowled by Russell however, as he continued his good wicket taking run in these T20s. Rudolph was caught deep in the fourth over however, and Yorkshire were 19/2. This brought McGrath to the crease. He began by smashing Arif all around the ground, as he went for 14 in his first over. Smith was brought on to restrict the runs, but managed to take 2 wickets in his over - that of Bairstow and McGrath. We were in a great position to force our third win in a row. This looked even more certain as Smith bowled Wainwright in his second over, making up for his failure with the bat. Shahzad wanted to show that whatever Arif could do, he could do better as he fought against the spinners, combining well with Rashid. When Rashid was caught off Smith to give him his fourth wicket, the benefits of the long batting (but weak) batting lineup of Yorkshire were evident, with the pure opening batsman Lyth coming out at 8. Whatever we tried, we couldn't get Shahzad out however, and he and Pyrah hit 15 off a Russell over to bring up victory with 2 overs and 3 wickets remaining.

That was an incredibly annoying match, as we should have won. If we had managed to get Shahzad out early, it would definitely have been ours, but he provided stiff resistance to score his 55 off just 34 balls. Steven Smith's bowling was really the only highlight of the match.

81510032.png

Yorkshire win by 3 wickets

Lol, the "bowler" Ajmal Shahzad really took you guys apart.
Dam I wish I could play Smith...

Shahzad was incredibly annoying. He bats at 6 and does that :facepalm

Your match was kinda close, just couldn't get those openers out

As usual, I think their openers have got a 50 partnership in like my last 5 matches or something stupid like that.
Also they're batting very aggressively as well, which doesn't help.
I'm going to try a few things out next match, I think.

22nd June 2010
Twenty Over Cup - Group Match

Teams:

Worcestershire

1. Steven Smith
2. Daryl Mitchell
3. Vikram Solanki*
4. Jack Manuel
5. Alex Kervezee
6. Moeen Ali
7. Ben Cox?
8. Imran Arif
9. Gareth Andrew
10. Matthew Mason
11. Jack Shantry

Yorkshire

1. Jacques Rudolph
2. Hershelle Gibbs
3. Andrew Gale
4. Jonathan Bairstow
5. Anthony McGrath
6. Joe Sayers
7. David Wainwright
8. Ajmal Shahzad
9. Adil Rashid
10. Tim Bresnan
11. Tino Best

Toss:

Worcestershire have won the toss and elected to bowl first

Yorkshire - 127/6

Jacques Rudolph 28 (21)
Jonathan Bairstow 26 (25)

Steven Smith 2/23 (4)
Imran Arif 2/26 (4)

Worcestershire - 117/4

Jack Manuel 42 (33)
Alex Kervezee 31* (40)

Ajmal Shahzad 1/19 (4)
David Wainright 1/23 (4)

Yorkshire win by 10 runs

Yorkshire 2
Worcestershire 0

MOTM:

Jacques Rudolph (28 off 21)

Looks like Kervezee held you back in that one, nice knock from Manuel though.

yeah. sorry not writing any comments there. was a bit rushed and remembered i had to play a game and i have a headache so I wanted to get that out of the way quickly. The batsman just wouldn't batt aggressively when i wanted them too. Solanki annoyed me by running out Smith as well which was what probably cost me the game.

Just looking at the first post and the tables, it's funny to note that each one of you is at the top for something. Not sure when that was updated, but from the standings, not one person is dominating as you all average the same position :p.

It's been updated up to my match since Callum hasn't been on since I posted it. I find I'm best at FC with good teams while I'm a lot better at One Day cricket with ████ teams cause normally I can restrict a team to under 220 and then sometimes, we will be able to chase it down, especially if someone scores big.

Normally I'm terrible at T20s, I dunno why I'm doing so well atm :p ('well' is a comparative term)

Mine will be ████ since I only spent 10k on them :p

Users who are viewing this thread