Story Brendon vs Callum vs Jono - A Worcestershire Battle

haha, South Africa's first series is in October :p

So I won't have to worry about that. And the awesome thing with that is AB will be allowed to play every game in the T20 tournament provided he's not injured.

I only ever pick international players who can play the whole season, therefore provided they don't get injured, you only really need one full time player and one T20 only player.

Well reserve players are free so you might as well get them. But yea, no point in getting 2 T20 players really.

Well I have money left over so I may as well buy a backup player that I can get rid of at the end of the season without cost rather than buy a ████ domestic player.

Well reserve players are free so you might as well get them. But yea, no point in getting 2 T20 players really.

Lol, I didn't know that... :facepalm

----------

Well I have money left over so I may as well buy a backup player that I can get rid of at the end of the season without cost rather than buy a ████ domestic player.

Why don't you put it into coaching/physio/youth team?

I have 40/10/40 on coach/youth/physio, and had 5k left over

Reserve players are free so long as their value isn't more than your main overseas player.

Worcestershire vs Northamptonshire
Challenge Trophy - group match
9th May 2011

Teams:

Worcestershire

1. Jeet Raval
2. Vikram Solanki*
3. Alex Kervezee
4. Alan Darbon
5. Eric Matthews
6. Luke Wright
7. Jeff Ingram†
8. Imran Arif
9. Dewald Nel
10. Monty Panesar
11. Alan Richardson

Northamptonshire

1. Mal Loye
2. Niall O'Brien†
3. T... Wingfield
4. David Sales
5. Andrew Hall*
6. Rob White
7. Stephen Peters
8. Elton Chigumbura
9. David Lucas
10. Lee Daggett
11. Jack Brooks

Toss:

Worcestershire won the toss, and chose to bowl first.

Match:

Northamptonshire - 179 all out (39.4 overs)

T... Wingfield 41 (66)

Luke Wright 3-25 (8)
Imran Arif 2-25 (8)
Dewald Nel 2-25 (7.4)

Worcestershire - 180 for 3 (35.2 overs)

Alan Darbon 90* (80)
Jeet Raval 54 (75)

Elton Chigumbura 2-15 (5.2)

Result:

Worcestershire win by 7 wickets, with 28 balls remaining

Worcestershire 2
Northamptonshire 0

MOTM:

Alan Darbon (90* off 80 balls)

Reaction:

A pretty easy win there. They got off to a fast start, but some great bowling in the middle overs by Monty and Wright contained them nicely, and Arif and Nel cleaned them up at the death. The major disappointment was Richardson, who conceded 67 runs in seven overs.

In terms of batting the inform Solanki and Kervezee fell cheaply, but Raval and a stunning knock from Darbon steadied the ship. Matthews came in when Raval fell, and along with Darbon got us home.

Mitchell and Kervezee are now both on only three bars of fitness, so I'll probably have to rest them both next match, which should give Ali his first real opportunity of the season. Also I'll have to decide whether or not to bring back Davies, who's still on 0% form after only taking two wickets in his 2nd team game.

Last edited:
10th May 2011
Worcestershire vs Middlesex
County Championship - D2

Teams:

Worcestershire

1. Stephen Moore
2. Daryl Mitchell
3. Alex Kervezee*
4. Julian Stafford
5. Shaaiq Choudhry
6. David Wheeldon
7. Stuart Adler?
8. Calvin Flowers
9. Imran Arif
10. Chris Russell
11. Jack Shantry

Middlesex

1. Sam Robson
2. Scott Newman
3. Neil Dexter
4. Dawid Malan
5. Owais Shah
6. Adam English
7. Ben Scott
8. Timothy Murtagh
9. Robbie Williams
10. Pedro Collins
11. Danny Evans

Toss:

Worcestershire won the toss and elected to bowl first

Middlesex - 158 all out

Sam Robson 33 (77)

Calvin Flowers 5/55 (19.5)
David Wheeldon 4/48 (17)

Worcestershire - 379 all out

Shaaiq Choudhry 93 (181)
David Wheeldon 60 (123)
Daryl Mitchell 47 (161)

Timothy Murtagh 4/108 (35)
Danny Evans 3/67 (24)

Middlesex - 110 all out

Ben Scott 31* (61)

Calvin Flowers 7/32 (17)
Chris Russell 3/41 (14)

Worcestershire won by an innings and 111 runs

MOTM:

Calvin Flowers (5/55, 7/32, 42 and 1 catch)

Worcestershire 22
Middlesex 2

Comments:

Calvin Flowers was excellent yet again, even with 25 wickets in his last 4 bowling innings, he's not on 5 star form. Wheeldon was superb with the ball in their first innings as they made only 158, Flowers and Wheeldon taking 9 wickets between them while Shantry took 1/12. Moore and Mitchell both batted well to start our innings scoring 35 and 47 respectively before Kervezee and Stafford got out cheaply. Choudhry and Wheeldon were superb with the bat though, Choudhry unlucky not to score a century, falling on 93. Adler played nicely for his 37 and Flowers and Arif both batted well with 42 and 29 respectively. Wheeldon is having a great season with the bat with 308 FC runs @ 61.6 in 5 matches and 67 runs with only 1 dismissal in OD cricket. 8 wickets @ 42.12 isn't the best with only 1 3wi which came in this match.

Russell got things going in their second innings, taking the first 3 wickets exposing the middle order to Calvin Flowers yet again who just ripped through them with 4/32. Another great win.

haha, I won't be here for most of tomorrow anyway so I'm not sure whether I'll be able to play a game or not.

Well I have work Monday-Wednesday but I should be able to post still. But I'm watching a movie atm, will try and get a match done tonight.

I'll probably post the match I just played tonight, then me and Hedger won't post anymore matches until you've posted your next two. ;)

Worcestershire vs Gloucestershire
County Championship - D2
10th May 2011

Teams:

Worcestershire

1. Jeet Raval
2. Vikram Solanki*
3. Moeen Ali
4. Alan Darbon
5. Eric Matthews
6. Luke Wright
7. Jeff Ingram?
8. Mark Davies
9. Dewald Nel
10. Monty Panesar
11. Alan Richardson

Gloucestershire

1. William Porterfield
2. Kadeer Ali
3. James Franklin
4. Alex Gidman*
5. Steve Snell?
6. K... Ballard
7. Chris Taylor
8. A... Vowden
9. Jon Lewis
10. Steve Kirby
11. Anthony Ireland

Toss:

Worcestershire won the toss, and chose to bowl first.

Match:

Gloucestershire - 207 all out

Steve Snell 54

Mark Davies 3-66
Monty Panesar 2-12
Alan Richardson 2-29
Dewald Nel 2-57

Worcestershire - 366 all out

Jeff Ingram 82
Alan Darbon 76
Mark Davies 47
Eric Matthews 45

A... Vowden 3-80
Steve Kirby 2-67
Jon Lewis 2-74
James Franklin 2-86

Gloucestershire - 402 for 2 declared

James Franklin 161*
Alex Gidman 120*
Kadeer Ali 77

Worcestershire - 97 for 1

Vikram Solanki 42*
Jeet Raval 40

Result:

Match Drawn

Worcestershire 9
Gloucestershire 6

MOTM:

James Franklin (20, 2/86, 161* and 0/11)

Reaction:

fearsome tweak this is so gay.

After a 159 run first innings lead, I let Gloucestershire pile on 402 for 2 declared. Davies brought up a century in their second innings, without taking a wicket. Rather generously they set me 243 to win in one session, at almost seven an over.

Four draws and a loss, and I'm sitting second to bottom. After so much promise at the start of the season, singing Davies, Nel and Panesar, our County Championship campaign has already gone down the drain.

From now on I'm not going to write any reaction to draws, as it's just stupid how many of them there are. I've now had 15 draws in 21 County Championship matches in charge of Worcestershire, hence why this is just getting beyond ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread