Brett Lee The World Best Fast Bowler At The Moment?

He hasn't proven himself until he's played the best. He's not played in Australia nor against Australia. Not to belittle what he's done, which has been fantastic, but it's against the best that you're judged.

True, but you cannot discredit him completely, even if he does fail against Australia.

"Flintoff is quality"

I wouldnt agree with that. He has an average of well over 30. Jacques Kallis has a better average and he's not considered as a main line bowler.

Anyway someone who has not been mentioned is Zaheer Khan, who is an excellent bowler from what I have seen. Also Flintoff is quality, shame it looks unlikely he will ever bowl the same again due to injury.

Zaheer Khan is quite overrated in Test cricket, based on one series in England. He is lost when the ball does not move for him, hence the average of 40.09 in India.

Zaheer Khan is quite overrated in Test cricket, based on one series in England. He is lost when the ball does not move for him, hence the average of 40.09 in India.

OH MY:eek: and average of 40.09 thats appalling for a main line bowler. Get on ya game Zaheer.

"Flintoff is quality"

I wouldnt agree with that. He has an average of well over 30. Jacques Kallis has a better average and he's not considered as a main line bowler.

At his peak aka Ashes 2005 he was quality. A guy that can swing the ball and then reverse swing the ball both ways at 140km/h + with accuracy deserves a tag like that.

it seems like just because Australia is the best team in the world, there are always people calling the best bowler in their team(Lee), the best bowler in the world, and the best fielder in their team(Symonds), the best fielder in the world.

I have no doubt that no matter who Symonds played for he would be considered the best fielder in the world right now. :cheers

Roy is terrific at runouts and stops but when punter gave him the slip position well lets just say it didn't go well.

Lee's consistency, development, pace, accuracy and his role all makes up what he has become today. It's hard to see someone of the modern era who has developed like him. After he had a lot of struggles with the ball earlier in his career and not playing games at times, he has been an amazing prospect for Australia especially now.

If you even saw Flintoff bowl in the India series, you'll see that he has not lost his class or pace.

He's still ,probably, our best bowler.

Yeah but from what i have heard he is injured. We will see when he gets back. He may be England's best fast bowler but he is not the worlds best fast bowler at the moment.

I don't think anyone said he was but for anyone to say he has lost his ability is quite naive, IMO.

At his peak aka Ashes 2005 he was quality. A guy that can swing the ball and then reverse swing the ball both ways at 140km/h + with accuracy deserves a tag like that.

did you watch Kallis bowl with the new ball against the West Indies the other day?? Kallis bowled at Speeds of 140+ in that game the fastest i've seen him bowl.

did you watch Kallis bowl with the new ball against the West Indies the other day?? Kallis bowled at Speeds of 140+ in that game the fastest i've seen him bowl.

Kallis was bowling consistently over 140ks in early part of his career and he is a strong bloke so he can generate the speed using his shoulder.

Users who are viewing this thread