Brett Lee The World Best Fast Bowler At The Moment?

what bout stuart clark for australia he is moved up the ranks very fast

he has a ability to nip the ball of the seam both ways

he is a good bowler

If his mind is right no body in world is better than Shoaib. He can bowl every bowl a fast bowlers needs to bowl.
He is in theory brilliant, but suffers a lot from practical application. He is very injury prone and in recent times is a bit of a disciplinary nightmare. Since his debut, Pakistan has played 94 Tests, of which he has missed 48. Pakistan has also played 276 ODIs, of which he has missed 143. In both cases he has missed more games than he has played in.

What?You call balls consistently at 145+ KPH fast medium?And hammered like he did in Pakistan?9 wickets in 2 tests @4.0 an over is not exactly getting hammered now is it? ANd as for the speed gun,its known that they can be horribly inaccurate.In my books,Shoab is good,but he's got nothing on both Lee or Steyn.

well the wickets he got most of them were from some foolish atrtacking shots
not that he beat them for pace,he was bowling in the 130 in pakistan
and lee,steyn are no where near shoaib,he has pace,bounce,swing,reverse swing,accuracy only if he was fit and had some sporting wickets
remember he averages 25 on sub continent tracks which is immense

what bout stuart clark for australia he is moved up the ranks very fast

he has a ability to nip the ball of the seam both ways

he is a good bowler

But not a fast bowler.

Cricket_god said:
and lee,steyn are no where near shoaib,he has pace,bounce,swing,reverse swing,accuracy only if he was fit and had some sporting wickets
remember he averages 25 on sub continent tracks which is immense

He's only played 11 test matches in 3 years, I just don't see how anyone can say he is currently the best fast bowler in the world! :rolleyes:

Shoaib is not. I agree with everyone now after researching a bit, that Lee and Steyn are the best. But in my opinion Lee is a tad more consistent.

I reckon theyre both going through peak-forms.
But no one looksl ike touching them since theyre all body-dead and or druggies.

Sreesanths the best :D

Shoaib is not. I agree with everyone now after researching a bit, that Lee and Steyn are the best. But in my opinion Lee is a tad more consistent.

i disagree having ;looked at how ordinary le looked in odis in india where as
shoaib even at half fitness was troubling india,lee is overrated so is steyn
i would like to see them perform on flat pitches then rate them

Lee was not even picked for any of 4 test matches that Australia played in India last time around.

I would hardly say Steyn or Lee are overated,Steyn wasn't even highly rated a few months back,he is still learning,he hasn't got the experience of either Shoaib or Lee but he's still getting wickets like crazy.With shoaib,were looking at things he's done in the past,not doing at present,the guy hardly even plays anymore,how can he be considered the best at the moment?Maybe the best of a couple of years ago?

Akhtar seems to always be injured/banned/fallenout with selectors/fallen out with teammates.

He plays less then Shane Bond lol.

Brett Lee is the best. Consistency. Steyn isn't as consistent, but at the end of this year we may look back and say he was the best. Once he does a little bit more.

Akhtar seems to always be injured/banned/fallenout with selectors/fallen out with teammates.

He plays less then Shane Bond lol.

Brett Lee is the best. Consistency. Steyn isn't as consistent, but at the end of this year we may look back and say he was the best. Once he does a little bit more.
PHP:
Basil D'Oliveira Trophy (England in South Africa), 2004/05
8 	2/26 	3/146 	52.00
New Zealand in South Africa Test Series, 2005/06
16 	5/47 	7/134 	26.00 	
South Africa in Sri Lanka Test Series, 2006
8 	5/82 	5/163 	36.50 	
India in South Africa Test Series, 2006/07
6 	4/30 	6/88 	19.00 
Pakistan in South Africa Test Series, 2006/07
4 	3/47 	4/87 	21.75 
South Africa in Pakistan Test Series, 2007/08
9 	5/56 	7/106 	24.66 	
New Zealand in South Africa Test Series, 2007/08
20 	6/49 	10/91 	9.20 	
West Indies in South Africa Test Series, 2007/08
14 	4/44 	8/104 	21.85

Here are Steyn's series by series averages, it goes Wickets, BBI, BBM and Average. I think this list shows that he is more consistent that you are making out. Other than his first series, he has an extremely good record. He has wickets in India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and West Indies, all at pretty good averages. He's proven himself to be a very consistent and fast young bowler. He's up there and very close to Lee in terms of current form.

PHP:
Basil D'Oliveira Trophy (England in South Africa), 2004/05
8 	2/26 	3/146 	52.00
New Zealand in South Africa Test Series, 2005/06
16 	5/47 	7/134 	26.00 	
South Africa in Sri Lanka Test Series, 2006
8 	5/82 	5/163 	36.50 	
India in South Africa Test Series, 2006/07
6 	4/30 	6/88 	19.00 
Pakistan in South Africa Test Series, 2006/07
4 	3/47 	4/87 	21.75 
South Africa in Pakistan Test Series, 2007/08
9 	5/56 	7/106 	24.66 	
New Zealand in South Africa Test Series, 2007/08
20 	6/49 	10/91 	9.20 	
West Indies in South Africa Test Series, 2007/08
14 	4/44 	8/104 	21.85

Here are Steyn's series by series averages, it goes Wickets, BBI, BBM and Average. I think this list shows that he is more consistent that you are making out. Other than his first series, he has an extremely good record. He has wickets in India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and West Indies, all at pretty good averages. He's proven himself to be a very consistent and fast young bowler. He's up there and very close to Lee in terms of current form.

yopui are missi ng the point he has wickets against all those but not away
but at home

Users who are viewing this thread