Brett Lee The World Best Fast Bowler At The Moment?

True, but you cannot discredit him completely, even if he does fail against Australia.

Not completely, but if you can't do it against the best then I don't think you can ever be world class. You can still be good, but not world class.

really i never knew Kallis was that quick. I always thought he was 130kmph.

The story goes that he would bowl damn quick in the nets when younger if he was upset. He can't sustain pace anymore through a concentration on batting. Since he has a strength based action, his pace will only go up if he had been doing a bit of bowling in the past.

Not completely, but if you can't do it against the best then I don't think you can ever be world class. You can still be good, but not world class.

What you're saying is true in a way, but then, according to that criteria, there would be hardly any "world-class" cricketers.

Lets take another team, South Africa for example, a team not in the same league as Australia in recent years, and see how some "world-class" players have performed against them.

McGrath with a career average of around 21 or 22, only averaged 27 against SA.
Tendulkar, a world class batsmen for sure, averages only 36 against SA.
Dravid, another world class batsmen, also averages about 35 against SA.

The list goes on and on.
Can we call Roger Federer a tennis great in light of his disappointing record at Roland Garos?

Steyn destroyed West Indies some great bowling from him according to cricinfo. With 7 wickets. 1 in the 1st innings and 6 in the 2nd

What you're saying is true in a way, but then, according to that criteria, there would be hardly any "world-class" cricketers.

Lets take another team, South Africa for example, a team not in the same league as Australia in recent years, and see how some "world-class" players have performed against them.

McGrath with a career average of around 21 or 22, only averaged 27 against SA.
Tendulkar, a world class batsmen for sure, averages only 36 against SA.
Dravid, another world class batsmen, also averages about 35 against SA.

The list goes on and on.
Can we call Roger Federer a tennis great in light of his disappointing record at Roland Garos?
tbh 'world class' is a useless, highly subjective term.

although I must add, 27 is not a bad average.

Well i think if he ( Kallis ) bowled at the pace of 140+ consistently he would have been even a greater all rounder with more wickets , because to me he bowled pretty acurate against the Windies when he was bowling 140-145 kpm....

Well Kallis opened the bowling for South Africa during the 99 World Cup. He use to be able to make the ball swing alot, and as you say, he use to be pretty sharp.

yeah im pretty sure he didn't lose his pace it's just more of like does he want to use it or can he use it in the right way

Lee has become my favorite at the moment... I like his atttitude and approach to his bowling in recent times

Lee is on fire at the moment, ripping through the Indian lineup. I never really rated him until these past couple of years, now he is clearly the best fast bowler in the world.

How fit is this guy. He bowled unchanged for 90 minutes in morning. Shoaib Akhtar can learn something from Lee.

Lee is cracking. And he is a very likeable fellow. His success has not gone to his head and he is quite a popular bloke. Definitely one of my favorite players, as well.

Users who are viewing this thread