Bug Report Discussion

Platform: PS4 (Pro)
Game Version: v0.1.0.1.0368
Game Mode: Casual
Match Type: T20
Teams used: Australia (human controlled) vs England (AI controlled) (No downloaded teams)
Ground: MCG
Over Count: End of 16th over
Issue (one line description): England's innings finished 4 overs short without rain interrupting play.
Bug description (detail): England were batting normally (slogging me all over the park actually) but at the end of the 16th over the animation of the England batsman walking off appeared and then the scorecard noted they batted 16 overs without any explanation as to why they didn't bat their last 4 overs. Weather is set to fine, as you can see in the screenshot of the scorecard, and in the video that takes place just after the England batsman walking off occurred. Rain was set as off as well.

This is still very much a current bug, even with the 1.05 patch installed. It occurred in a game I was playing just now.

Another video highlighting the missing pull hook from outside off.

I am trying to get a video from dbc14. It had beautiful pull shots form outside off.
In ashes in the current state , all middle to off short balls have to b played on the offside other wise u can't connect..

This is even more frustrating in online as this is used as exploit by bowlers. Bowling Round the wkt leg cutters (which cuts 2 much ) ball moving form outside leg stump to way outside off stump.

@grkrama
@T.J.Hooker

@indian_tamizhan

Last edited:
Hi, I was playing co-op (same team) and the inverted batting does not enable for both of us(it says enabled but doesn't change in the game). We were playing a Five5, cam broadcast 1.

Three things that have been bothering me while batting

1. Missing pull shot outside off stump

2. Normal pull shots going through the bat 9 out of 10 times. They dont hit it clean and its more like a chop on the ball with hardly enough power. I have already reported it in bugs thread. Another video for proof. See ball on 2.6 and 3.1

3. Many a times wrong animation while playing straight drive or shot but ball still goes in the straight V. Already reported in bugs thread.

Hoping these issues get sorted. Also i feel batting is pretty overpowered. We need a better balance. It needs to be more difficult atleast at higher difficulties.

Platform: PS4
Game Version: v0.1.0.1.0369
Game Mode: Competition
Match Type: T20
Teams used: Australia & England(AI)
Ground: NA
Over Count: NA
Issue: Game Crash (CE-34878-0)
Impact: Application closes. Game interruption.
Bug description (detail):
Game crashed twice in between two different matches and application got closed by itself.
I have reported the error when it happened the second time. Screenshot attached for the errors reported.
Would need more specific information about what you were doing at the time of the crash - the error code just tells us that the game crashed and no further info. Sending the report through helps, but would need specifics on what happened.

If you have a competition that crashes on loading or loading and then doing a specific thing in game, please upload the save game - see http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/data_system.html

I'd load a match again. When it happens to me I get a 'Weather delay' box flash up before the toss.
I'll keep an eye out for the weather delay box, but I got no indication of this previously and the match settings I was playing on shouldn't allow rain delays anyway.

Platform: PS4
Game Version: Latest update
Game Mode: Online
Match Type: Any
Teams used: Licenced Eng/Aus
Ground: Any
Issue: Half ball colour not showing for in/outswing/offcutter/legcutter
Bug description (detail): The colour doesn’t show as a batsman if the ball will be an inswinger. It says on loading screen as it’s been in the past, if ball is half green on the left for example, ball will be an outswinger. But the ball is always full colour, and it doesn’t show any hint like it did in the past or says in the loading manual where it’s going to swing.

The circle isn’t for swing. It’s for line.

The circle isn’t for swing. It’s for line.
I may have explained it a bit badly... Apologies! This picture is what i mean... (It's for DBC 14, but its the same system here, hence showing it) The ball just shows round circle and nothing else wherever the ball is. @MattW

Attachments

• Skärmavbild 2017-11-20 kl. 09.11.26.png
    Skärmavbild 2017-11-20 kl. 09.11.26.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 12
A video showing unrealistic cutters movement..Online gameplay
I just want to add... Even though this ball had low bounce, it still wasnt possible to hit it on front foot as it was a "red" length ball. So u are left with no option at all... this ball wont be able to be played with backfoot as well as the ball will just hit the stump on low bounce. Is there any way, we can add a drive or a cut on front foot against such bounce? Even the green ball sometimes are not able to be cut away when the bounce is high. We never had this issue on previous titles.

PS. This it nothing... the cutters can be bowled way outside offstump and still go wide... thats how much unrealistcally they move of the pitch. Swing/spin however, looks very realistic.

Last edited:
Three things that have been bothering me while batting

1. Missing pull shot outside off stump

2. Normal pull shots going through the bat 9 out of 10 times. They dont hit it clean and its more like a chop on the ball with hardly enough power. I have already reported it in bugs thread. Another video for proof. See ball on 2.6 and 3.1

3. Many a times wrong animation while playing straight drive or shot but ball still goes in the straight V. Already reported in bugs thread.

Hoping these issues get sorted. Also i feel batting is pretty overpowered. We need a better balance. It needs to be more difficult atleast at higher difficulties.
Very true about difficulty. Online mode should have same timing as previous games and it shouldnt be possible to smash every ball fr six. The ball length colour should appear 0.5 seconds before ball delivery so we can adjust our footwork properly.

I may have explained it a bit badly... Apologies! This picture is what i mean... (It's for DBC 14, but its the same system here, hence showing it) The ball just shows round circle and nothing else wherever the ball is. @MattW

I’d love to see some screenshots to prove this. I think you need to revisit the game and make sure you understand the mechanic, because you were fairly adamant in your bug report that it was for indicating swing/seam

Users who are viewing this thread